Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
The critical hit system

**Please before voting yes or no on this suggestion, read the post.**

The critical hit system was introduced to Cubecraft with the knockback update. Originally the new knockback update was not supposed to include critical hits, but after some discussion, players (including me at the time) wanted the critical hit system, in order to make pvp more skill based.
In order to achieve a critical hit, tou are supposed to jump in the air, and hit the player on your way down from your hit. This way, you have to time the hit properly.

The issue

Unfortunately, the critical hit system doesn’t work like originally planned. With every new update, Cubecraft’s critical hit system changes and makes getting critical hits different. Currently, critical hits don’t occur by landing a hit as you fall from your jump as intended. Instead, players have found ways to “abuse” critical hits, being able to land a crit every single hit. I’ve heard numerous ways of doing so, such as pressing space and crouch while in the air or in a trade, or completely letting go of every key while in a jump.

Now critical hits don’t work as intended, AND players have found new ways to abuse the broken system.

Why does this matter? Why don’t you just abuse crits too?

Abusing crits is - in a way - abusing a bug. It makes all other usual forms of pvp obsolete. You can outhit your opponent quite a bit, and possibly even have a significant amount of extra pvp skill. But if the opponent is crit abusing (and you aren’t or don’t know how), it doesn’t matter in the slightest how many more hits you get on them, you will lose.

Why remove critical hits then? Why not just fix them?

The issue is the staff has already fixed them in the past. At one point it was patched, only to have the 1.18 update release a few days later and instantly break it again. Every new update from Minecraft and perhaps even cubecraft has the potential to break it again. Unless Cubecraft is willing to try and fix the critical hit system every single new update, I don’t see it as being worth their time.

Wouldn’t a PvP system without critical hits be less skill based and bland?

I think that this question is up to each individual reader. But the second largest Bedrock server (Hive) doesn’t have a critical hit system, yet holds a much sweatier and larger PvP community that many people enjoy. Removing the broken critical hit system will make battles more fair, and skill based. A PvP experience SHOULD be based on who gets more hits, not who can abuse a broken system better.

Thank you for taking the time to read. I understand this topic will probably be quite heated, so please, try and keep an open mind.

SoulMC

May 1, 2021
Canada
Pronouns
He/Him
I definitely agree with this. Crits are a big thing and some people think of it as a skill, but the problem is it makes it extremely unbalanced and unfair. The people who can combo better should win, not the people who can abuse better

w7b9

Mar 4, 2021
The critical hit system

The critical hit system was introduced to Cubecraft with the knockback update. Originally the new knockback update was not supposed to include critical hits, but after some discussion, players (including me at the time) wanted the critical hit system, in order to make pvp more skill based.
In order to achieve a critical hit, tou are supposed to jump in the air, and hit the player on your way down from your hit. This way, you have to time the hit properly.

The issue

Unfortunately, the critical hit system doesn’t work like originally planned. With every new update, Cubecraft’s critical hit system changes and makes getting critical hits different. Currently, critical hits don’t occur by landing a hit as you fall from your jump as intended. Instead, players have found ways to “abuse” critical hits, being able to land a crit every single hit. I’ve heard numerous ways of doing so, such as pressing space and crouch while in the air or in a trade, or completely letting go of every key while in a jump.

Now critical hits don’t work as intended, AND players have found new ways to abuse the broken system.

Abusing crits is - in a way - abusing a bug. It makes all other usual forms of pvp obsolete. You can outhit your opponent quite a bit, and possibly even have a significant amount of extra pvp skill. But if the opponent is crit abusing (and you aren’t or don’t know how), it doesn’t matter in the slightest how many more hits you get on them, you will lose.

The issue is the staff has already fixed them in the past. At one point it was patched, only to have the 1.18 update release a few days later and instantly break it again. Every new update from Minecraft and perhaps even cubecraft has the potential to break it again. Unless Cubecraft is willing to try and fix the critical hit system every single new update, I don’t see it as being worth their time.

I think that this question is up to each individual reader. But the second largest Bedrock server (Hive) doesn’t have a critical hit system, yet holds a much sweatier and larger PvP community that many people enjoy. Removing the broken critical hit system will make battles more fair, and skill based. A PvP experience SHOULD be based on who gets more hits, not who can abuse a broken system better.

Thank you for taking the time to read. I understand this topic will probably be quite heated, so please, try and keep an open mind.
it’s not really a bug, cubecraft has the same critting as zeqa and a lot of servers, that’s just how minecraft crits work

qCooperr

May 24, 2021
The critical hit system

The issue

Couldn't have said it better just removing critical would really improve pvp overall imo

• Agree
Reactions: Lavapossum

xclutchingg

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Apr 4, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
it’s not really a bug, cubecraft has the same critting as zeqa and a lot of servers, that’s just how minecraft crits work
it was once a bug back around when new kb came out, you could walk into your opponents and still get a crit.

Last edited:
  • Agree

NoahS4226

Feb 11, 2020
The critical hit system

The issue

Very concise and well spoken. I couldn't agree more: the crit system on Cubecraft has proven to be way more trouble than it's worth. While I like the idea of critical hits in Minecraft PvP, Bedrock Edition has seen time and time again that crits are a difficult mechanic to balance. Cubecraft players, as Related explained, seem determined to find new ways to abuse crits even after older methods have been patched. It might be time to let go of critical hits on Cubecraft. Good stuff, Related. +1

NoahS4226

Feb 11, 2020
I voted unsure, as I am not the sweatiest pvper and I think finding a permanent solution to the crit bugs would be better instead.
I concur; this would be ideal. If, by some miracle, the Dev team can find a way to appropriately balance critical hits then that would be a better solution. However, crits have been reworked three or four times since new KB was introduced, and each time the problem persists. It might be time to let go

D

Deleted member 486292

I don't understand how cubecraft has managed to botch the critical hit system in so many unique ways. It should be exactly as its intended to be in vanilla. I find myself always losing fights to players who know how to "properly" abuse crits, and doing so is just unintuitive and confusing. I agree with the notion of it being a bug abuse, it certainly feels that way, and by literal definition it is.

Joshiscarck

May 31, 2021
Barbados
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't understand how cubecraft has managed to botch the critical hit system in so many unique ways. It should be exactly as its intended to be in vanilla. I find myself always losing fights to players who know how to "properly" abuse crits, and doing so is just unintuitive and confusing. I agree with the notion of it being a bug abuse, it certainly feels that way, and by literal definition it is.
They just need to fix it or just remove it cause its not good i walk up to people and they just crit and they think they the best

Elixqrss

Jan 12, 2022
Yes definitely, crits are annoying as heck. You could be winning a fight and out of nowhere your opponent brings out a crit chain, like thank you for doing this.

Last edited:

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I was literally going to post the exact same thing. I hate having criticals. It makes pvp fights kind of boring in my opinion. One thing that drives me insane is when I get someone locked in a combo, and I still lose because they crit me out at the end. If Cubecraft could remove criticals from the game entirely, then pvping would be worth practicing. This may be the best thread I've read in a while.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
The critical hit system

The issue

I think cubecraft should actually fix issues rather than removing them or forgetting about them or pushing them off as "fixed" when they really aren't

- Like the eating glitch, thats not fixed after years (a simple minecraft update that adds new blocks isn't going to cause this issue to start occurring again)
Should we now remove eating in the game?

- Or the Crit/Damage being broken, it hasn't been consistent for a LONG time now, with even people talking about it BEFORE bedrock existed, in all honesty Bedrock is just a port of Java to Bedrock, all the bugs on java came to bedrock along with it.
Should now we remove Damage?

- Crits been broken before and then now
Should we now remove crits?

- Ghost blocks being called "fixed" multiple times despite them not being fixed
Should we now remove blocks from gamemodes?

- Shop/Menu issues that cause players to wait up to THIRTY SECONDS to open the menu (This got pushed as "fixed when it WAS NOT)
Should we now remove gamemodes and only have 1v1 or 2v2's on the server?

Plus cubecraft is already dry enough from the poor excuses of removing hit sounds, then the addition to the unoriginal KB system, How would it then stand out from Hive/Galaxite? It would be the same server with practically differently named gamemodes and better party systems.

Crits do change how people PvP, but cubecrafts poor decisions and poor excuses for those decisions are stupid, and they should admit to being wrong besides trying to make it seem like they are right all the time.

What do I say about this?

I say don't remove them, it's just like removing hitsounds.

The Cubecraft team was so lazy and untrained they removed hitsounds for a poor excuse of "It's more enjoyable for all players" (Which just isn't true in multiple ways)
As well as having hitsounds it gives both players the choice if they want hit sounds, or do not want hitsounds. Removing them entirely just rips the choice from the player entirely and forces to play with them removed

The same reason they would remove crits would be for either
A) "It's too hard to keep and maintain without the bugs"
or
B) "We don't want to ban players for abusing this bug so we decided to remove the feature"

Both would be outright lies, and just complete laziness.
You are making a server for 30,000+ people(at peaks) it should cause you to not work on something because "It's too hard"

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom