Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Make the generators equal?

• Total voters

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hey everyone,

Just a quick suggestion here regarding the eggwars solo map: Technology

Now there are 2 different starting islands in the map Technology, this is not such a problem in my opinion, because one island isn't really better than the other. Except for one thing.

If you go down the stairs there is a second iron generator, half of the islands have this one on level 1, the other half has this on level 0. This makes a pretty big difference for rushing to get some free starting iron early.

So my suggestion is pretty obvious: Make this equal for all islands, level 1 or 0 doesn't matter in my opinion.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Hey everyone,

Just a quick suggestion here regarding the eggwars solo map: Technology

Now there are 2 different starting islands in the map Technology, this is not such a problem in my opinion, because one island isn't really better than the other. Except for one thing.

If you go down the stairs there is a second iron generator, half of the islands have this one on level 1, the other half has this on level 0. This makes a pretty big difference for rushing to get some free starting iron early.

So my suggestion is pretty obvious: Make this equal for all islands, level 1 or 0 doesn't matter in my opinion.
Which islands are you talking about exactly?
'Cause I don't see a problem if the "corner" islands have a broken gen, considering they have a huge strategical advantage by just the way the islands are placed.
If the outer islands (which have neighbors across) don't have the iron gen, then I'd be surprised.

Reactions: Dutudy

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Which islands are you talking about exactly?
'Cause I don't see a problem if the "corner" islands have a broken gen, considering they have a huge strategical advantage by just the way the islands are placed.
If the outer islands (which have neighbors across) don't have the iron gen, then I'd be surprised.

I made some screenshots to show what I meant.
In the first picture you can see me spawn on an island, and my neighbours island is different (look at the position of the dia gen).
This isn't that much of a problem.
DifferentIslands.png
Now the point is, the island I spawned on has a second iron gen level 0, and the other island has it level 1. Here's a screenshot:

GenLvl0.png

I don't understand the strategic advantage you're talking about, because the islands are just like: Version 1- version 2 - version 1 - version 2, and so on, so there isn't really one certain version in the corner.

Reactions: ThaDoggo

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I made some screenshots to show what I meant.
In the first picture you can see me spawn on an island, and my neighbours island is different (look at the position of the dia gen).
This isn't that much of a problem.
Now the point is, the island I spawned on has a second iron gen level 0, and the other island has it level 1. Here's a screenshot:

I don't understand the strategic advantage you're talking about, because the islands are just like: Version 1- version 2 - version 1 - version 2, and so on, so there isn't really one certain version in the corner.
The strategical advantage I was implying only applies to the teams in the "corners" of the map (the ones with no obvious neighbor across from them)

upload_2018-2-26_9-3-11.png

This is basically the layout of Technology. The red lines indicate the two islands that almost always get into a fight before others do, and this is because of the way the islands are built. The blue marked islands don't have any immediate threat, considering their neighbors already have their hands full with other islands. These blue islands can easily go to one of the red islands and take care of them while they're busy with their own fight, hence why I call it a strategical advantage.
In conclusion, I'd only be okay with the second iron generators being broken on the blue islands in order to compensate for the strategical advantage that they have.

Reactions: Shallidor

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
The strategical advantage I was implying only applies to the teams in the "corners" of the map (the ones with no obvious neighbor across from them)

View attachment 142876
This is basically the layout of Technology. The red lines indicate the two islands that almost always get into a fight before others do, and this is because of the way the islands are built. The blue marked islands don't have any immediate threat, considering their neighbors already have their hands full with other islands. These blue islands can easily go to one of the red islands and take care of them while they're busy with their own fight, hence why I call it a strategical advantage.
In conclusion, I'd only be okay with the second iron generators being broken on the blue islands in order to compensate for the strategical advantage that they have.

Aha I understand what you mean now. But now comes the funny thing: The corner islands like you said have the generator level 1, and the islands without the strategic advantage have it level 0. So yeah, it would be okay if it would be swapped, but this is double unfair.

Reactions: Gainfullterror
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Aw no what :( Thanks for everything SandCookie xx
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
umm? yall okay?
1714824919312.png
After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
Top Bottom