Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TheDancingMonkey

Apr 9, 2016
Under My Bed
I think that for games like eggwars where there is a "Blue" team, a "Red" team, a "Green" team, a "Yellow" team, and so on, there should be a command that would change the team name to something such as "Unicorns", "Harry Potter Fans", and so on. Although the name would be in the color the team originally was. It would show up on the sidebar and in chat, but only when eggs are broken. It would not show up when a player gets killed. When a player suggests a name the suggestion would pop up in the chat of the other people on the team and they could either accept or deny it. The name would only be changed if all members of the team accepted it. In solo the player could change their team name without any of the accepting or denying stuff.

If anyone else has more ideas please feel free to add on!

-TheDancingMonkey

[EDIT] @GlitterGirl524 and I talked about this together, it was not purely my idea.

Last edited:

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I can already imagine this.
If this were to be added, I guarantee you that there would be hundreds of teams naming themselves something inappropriate.

I think this idea might come from Mineplex. (Not Advertising) Where they have "Banana" "Ghost" and so on.

I have an idea, that is not completely linked to you're main idea but: What if in team l chat, it would be like this [Red] TriangleAttack: Hello! Or in global it might be
Global [Red] TriangleAttack: Hello!

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
I see what you mean but that means people would spend time giving their team a name rather than acctually playing. It's a nice idea but there are so many problems I don't think it is doable.

EatMarkers

Jul 24, 2016
It seems like a good idea and I know what you mean but there would be problems of being inappropriate.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
This may make things more entertaining... but I feel that it's better to leave it with the basic colors of the teams as I can see it getting confusing. Also, as mentioned earlier, names could get inappropriate. It's bad enough that we allow naming for custom pvp duel kits/items. We don't need more ways for inappropriate things to be on the server.

Reactions: Power Ranger

SevereWarning

Forum Expert
Nov 14, 2013
Somewhere
We had this for the old UHC, didn't really go as planned as described. It's not a good idea... too hard for staff to enforce.

Diamond_Find

Dec 17, 2016
Its a good idea but as people were saying earlier the names could be inappropriate. So I don't think it will happen.

TheDancingMonkey

Apr 9, 2016
Under My Bed
I can already imagine this.

I think this idea might come from Mineplex. (Not Advertising) Where they have "Banana" "Ghost" and so on.

I have an idea, that is not completely linked to you're main idea but: What if in team l chat, it would be like this [Red] TriangleAttack: Hello! Or in global it might be
Global [Red] TriangleAttack: Hello!

I really like your idea, and I actually didn't know that mineplex does something like that, I haven't played on there in a long time.

ShyRazu

Jan 26, 2017
I like both the idea of @TriangleAttack and @TheDancingMonkey.

For the first suggestion (DancingMonkey):
At the beginning of a game of Eggwars, a ''team captain'' should be nominated. The team captain would be able to change the name of the team ONCE in the whole game. It would be a bit of a lucky one to get team captain but it would be fun.
For the innapropriate team name, there could be some words that can't be said, just like when you're typing in the chat!

For the second one (TriangleAttack):
Pretty straight forward and I like it. But like someone said, it could be hard to read it in the chat, but it is a really nice idea.

Reactions: TheDancingMonkey

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I like both the idea of @TriangleAttack and @TheDancingMonkey.

For the first suggestion (DancingMonkey):
At the beginning of a game of Eggwars, a ''team captain'' should be nominated. The team captain would be able to change the name of the team ONCE in the whole game. It would be a bit of a lucky one to get team captain but it would be fun.
For the innapropriate team name, there could be some words that can't be said, just like when you're typing in the chat!

I like the idea of team captain, but what could the captain do?

ShyRazu

Jan 26, 2017
Hm, we can come up with something though.

I can't think of any things that can't be abused...Maybe they could pop a warning sign on you're screen?
Definitely but they could just abuse it for no reason and make your screen full or warning signs lol. If we really want that suggestion to come alive, let's not make it on someone else suggestion though. Feel free to post a new one and tagging me in!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom