Not open for further replies.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Heya, all! I have yet again another map for all of you, I give you Blossoms, this is by far the most pretty map I have ever made and I am super pumped on bringing it here to show.

-Map Name: Blossom

-Creator(s): @Mrs. Brown and @Nutuu

- Description of map:
-12 Teams 24 Players Total
-Every Starting Island Has: 2 Iron Gens (Level 2 and broken) and 1 Gold Gen (Level 1)
-Half Mid Has: 2 Diamond Gens (Broken)
-Middle Has: 4 Diamond Gens (Level 2) 2 Gold Gens (Level 4)

Oriental draws inspiration from many oriental builds out there but also follows my favorite map style. First seen many years ago by maps Mine, Tropical, and Snowy. Starting the island is a small little house with giant trees and a small pond. Half mid bares a ying-yang symbol and arches representing team color, following the bridge to middle shows a temple with overgrown plants and you guessed it, more trees, the map is perfectly balanced ;) allowing all players to rush yet still have to use middle.

Your feedback is very much appreciated! Good or bad I'd like to hear it! Please, however, vote based on how much you like the map gameplay and style-wise, keep in mind this is going to be a map for everyone so don't vote if you want to be a troll or you don't like me.

No pictures as my Minecraft screenshots are bugging out :(

Instead here is a video:

(Video is outdated: Map is now made for teams, generators have been altered (check description), and name will have to be edited. )

Special Thanks:
@Nutuu for letting me use elements of his old map, being a great friend, and building with me
@StopWalking For helping with that boring copy-pasting and world edit commands.
@Yoya for supporting and giving advice!
FrostburnMC providing tree module.

Last edited:

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
Looks smooth, and completely gives me the vibes of CubeCraft's maps, islands are close but not too much, it's very detailed and even better.... PINK TREES!!!
It's a yes from me, and I'd love to play on this map <3

But there's a mistake, and this doesn't go only for you, the poll has to be "Should this map be added?" uwu

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Looks smooth, and completely gives me the vibes of CubeCraft's maps, islands are close but not too much, it's very detailed and even better.... PINK TREES!!!
It's a yes from me, and I'd love to play on this map <3

But there's a mistake, and this doesn't go only for you, the poll has to be "Should this map be added?" uwu

My bad, lol. Ill have to fix that.

@Riley care to share your opinion? :D

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Although I do like the map's aesthetics, I had to vote against it because I would not like playing this on CubeCraft - especially not as a Solo EggWars map. The map is enormous for only 12 players and games on this map will take hours.

Moreover, there are a few things that will get in the way of PvP and general gameplay (e.g. the coloured wool blocks hanging from the 'entries' on sub-mid, the cobblestone walls next to the cute lake, and generally just annoying non-full blocks)

If that gets dealt with then I wouldn't really mind seeing this map on a team game mode

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Although I do like the map's aesthetics, I had to vote against it because I would not like playing this on CubeCraft - especially not as a Solo EggWars map. The map is enormous for only 12 players and games on this map will take hours.

Moreover, there are a few things that will get in the way of PvP and general gameplay (e.g. the coloured wool blocks hanging from the 'entries' on sub-mid, the cobblestone walls next to the cute lake, and generally just annoying non-full blocks)

If that gets dealt with then I wouldn't really mind seeing this map on a team game mode

The islands are closer than normal together and the size is made to allow enough room around the obstacles. While I don't think this will be a team map I will see what I can do to improve it. :D

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016

I'd also like to mention that the trees in the map Blossom got cut in half due to campers which can happen in this map as well.
It does look really good

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I do like the map, it definitely looks like something I'd like to play on, there are some problems though:
The trees will most likely cause camping, the exact same problem has been shown in Solo Lucky Islands, where there were also pink blossom trees which got cut down, and just are stumps now. Not sure if the same thing on eggwars is true but I can imagine games taking hours because some people were camping in those trees.

Also I noticed that this map was made for solo eggwars, I thought that it was a teammode map because it's very big.

But that would be it that bothers me.

I worked so long on this reply that all of my arguments got mentioned above minutes before I posted this D:

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'd also like to mention that the trees in the map Blossom got cut in half due to campers which can happen in this map as well.
It does look really good

I do like the map, it definitely looks like something I'd like to play on, there are some problems though:
The trees will most likely cause camping, the exact same problem has been shown in Solo Lucky Islands, where there were also pink blossom trees which got cut down, and just are stumps now. Not sure if the same thing on eggwars is true but I can imagine games taking hours because some people were camping in those trees.

Also I noticed that this map was made for solo eggwars, I thought that it was a teammode map because it's very big.

But that would be it that bothers me.

I worked so long on this reply that all of my arguments got mentioned above minutes before I posted this D:

I have spoken to Yoya before about the issue relating to this and it's possible to set a build hight limit. This would apply to the map, therefor preventing people from camping in the trees. I will make the map smaller, however, I and some others do prefer bigger solo maps like Nightmare for PvP and so you can't knock people into the void constantly.

Reactions: SanCookie

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
The islands are closer than normal together and the size is made to allow enough room around the obstacles. While I don't think this will be a team map I will see what I can do to improve it. :D
The map is still way too large for a solo game mode, in my opinion. I was also thinking about removing the middle ring or just merging it with the centre island

I have spoken to Yoya before about the issue relating to this and it's possible to set a build hight limit. This would apply to the map, therefor preventing people from camping in the trees. I will make the map smaller, however, I and some others do prefer bigger solo maps like Nightmare for PvP and so you can't knock people into the void constantly.
Ender pearls exist

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The map is still way too large for a solo game mode, in my opinion. I was also thinking about removing the middle ring or just merging it with the centre island

There are way bigger maps however, that people enjoy just as fine. The problem with removing the ring is that it's part of the trees as they lock together to provide a bridge into mid and for detailing. I'm looking into making the islands smaller but honestly, after playtesting it I ran into no issues with the size and the PvP was pretty clean. I'm sure there will be something to change though.

Ender pearls exist

More response in there ^^
I also can put more barrier blocks up there.

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
I really like the look of the map, and I would like to see it added, though with some changes:
- The map is too big. Either make it a team map or decrease the size of it. If you're going to decrease the size of it, you should move the islands closer to the sub-mid and move the submid closer to the mid. If it's possible, try to decrease the size of the mid to get it proportional.
- 4 iron gens in level 4 seems a bit too much. No one will need that much iron in one game. I suggest swapping two of them to level 2 dia gens.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I'd love to see what it looks like when the map is smaller, but for no I'll keep it to a no because I simply perfer games with smaller maps.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I really like the look of the map, and I would like to see it added, though with some changes:
- The map is too big. Either make it a team map or decrease the size of it. If you're going to decrease the size of it, you should move the islands closer to the sub-mid and move the submid closer to the mid. If it's possible, try to decrease the size of the mid to get it proportional.
- 4 iron gens in level 4 seems a bit too much. No one will need that much iron in one game. I suggest swapping two of them to level 2 dia gens.

With much thought, I have decided to make this map a team map.

To balance the number of diamond gens I have done the following:

-Remove all diamond gens at main islands
-Both Diamond Gens at half mid are broken
-Iron Gens at the middle are now level 2 diamond gens

Also for reference to what I explained earlier. I compared an island from Nightmare to my map. Nightmare max length about is 40+ blocks long. Mine was less than 30. Which is why I was confused about size comments but it's all good now. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
Top Bottom