• Yes!

• No... (Why?)

• Yes... but differently (How?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
BlockWars only has two kits that are underpowered in relation to the rest. For this thread I will be talking about one specifically: The Tank.​

For this suggestion I will be comparing the two -supposedly- opposite kits in BlockWars: Runner and Tank.

Whilst a Runner is supposed to be fast but weak, a tank is supposed to be slow but strong. Runner has definitely fulfilled this requirement but Tank isn’t quite there.

Information to take into account:

• A runner has 3 armor points (leather boots, chestplate and leggings). While a tank has 5 1/2 armor points (iron leggings and chestplate).
  • A runner has speed II which is an increase of 40% in speed. And a tank has slowness II which is a decrease of 30% in speed.
  • A runner has a wooden sword which deals 4 HP every strike. A tank only has a wooden pickaxe with some enchantment I don’t remember. But isn’t really relevant.

Taking this into account, my proposition is to make Runner and Tank complete opposites. By making runner twice as fast as tank and tank twice as strong as runner. And therefore, maintaining balance.

Runner should be kept as it is, it’s perfectly balanced with all of the other kits. The proposed changes are all for the tank kit:

• Keep the iron chestplate and change the iron leggings into:
  1. Chain leggings.
  2. Leather helmet.
  3. Leather boots.
An iron chestplate, chain leggings, leather helmet and leather boots sum up exactly 6 Armour points. (Which is twice as much armor as the Runner)

• Give the tank a stone axe. Any sword takes 0.625 seconds to recover from every attack. A stone axe takes 1.5 seconds to recover from every attack which means it takes twice as much time to recover from an attack than a wooden sword.

A stone axe deals 9 damage points which is twice as much as a wooden sword deals plus 1. And to keep balance, the weapon must deal exactly twice as much damage. That is why, the tank kit should be given weakness 1 and strength 1. Weakness 1 reduces total damage by 4 HP, making the stone axe deal only 5 damage. And strength 1 increments total damage by 3 HP, making the stone axe deal 8 damage. Which is twice as much damage as a wooden sword.
Or you could just think of it this way: Weakness = -4

Strength = 4

Strength + Weakness = -4 + 4 = -1.

9 (damage dealt by a stone axe) -1 (the result from Strength and Weakness I) = 8 (Exactly two times as much damage that a wooden sword can deal)

• As a runner has a tool: its wooden pickaxe. So has the tank: its shield. So they’re balanced in that sense.
  • And last, give the tank Slowness III, which would be a decrease of 45% of its total speed. Twice as slow as a runner plus an extra 5% to counter the very strong stone axe.
y6pRvkt.jpg

How a tank would look.

In conclusion, replace the tank kit’s iron leggings for chain leggings and leather helmet and boots. Change the pickaxe for a stone axe. Give it Strength I, Weakness I And Slowness III. Keep the iron chestplate and shield. And you’ve got yourselves a kit that is twice as strong as runner but twice as slow.

Thanks for reading! Any feedback is appreciated!

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
I like how the new tank looks and how it sounds like, although the logic behind it is kinda flawed :/ (You can't really compare speed and tankiness like that, like you can't compare length with weight). i do like the new proposal tho, mind I change it a bit and throw it into my own suggestion thread?

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I like how the new tank looks and how it sounds like, although the logic behind it is kinda flawed :/ (You can't really compare speed and tankiness like that, like you can't compare length with weight). i do like the new proposal tho, mind I change it a bit and throw it into my own suggestion thread?
But I am comparing under common denominators? Speed and Strength.

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
Well, everything depends on the players skill apart from armor.
When I balance stuff, I usually look at armor and weapon to begin with, and make other tweaks based on speed, attack speed and other stuff

Reactions: God.

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
Whilst a Runner is supposed to be fast but weak, a tank is supposed to be slow but strong. Runner has definitely fulfilled this requirement but Tank isn’t quite there.

Information to take into account:
Taking this into account, my proposition is to make Runner and Tank complete opposites. By making runner twice as fast as tank and tank twice as strong as runner. And therefore, maintaining balance.

Give the tank a stone axe. Any sword takes 0.625 seconds to recover from every attack. A stone axe takes 1.5 seconds to recover from every attack which means it takes twice as much time to recover from an attack than a wooden sword.

This is not balance because of one important factor:speed

Be the speed of movement or attack it very important for it to be as fast as possible because of the knockback;knockback is one of the more important things of pvp because if you are faster and hit faster than your oponnent,why are you going to need armor if you are not going to get hit?That's why runners are kind of op and tanks is pretty useless.

Althought I kind of like your idea of opposites(even if it wouldn't work in a million of years)

Runner should be kept as it is, it’s perfectly balanced with all of the other kits. The proposed changes are all for the tank kit:

• Keep the iron chestplate and change the iron leggings into:
  1. Chain leggings.
  2. Leather helmet.
  3. Leather boots.
Quick thing, BlockWars kits don't use helmets so they can carry the flag
A stone axe deals 9 damage points which is twice as much as a wooden sword deals plus 1. And to keep balance, the weapon must deal exactly twice as much damage. That is why, the tank kit should be given weakness 1 and strength 1. Weakness 1 reduces total damage by 4 HP, making the stone axe deal only 5 damage. And strength 1 increments total damage by 3 HP, making the stone axe deal 8 damage. Which is twice as much damage as a wooden sword.
Or you could just think of it this way: Weakness = -4

Strength = 4

Strength + Weakness = -4 + 4 = -1.

9 (damage dealt by a stone axe) -1 (the result from Strength and Weakness I) = 8 (Exactly two times as much damage that a wooden sword can deal)

You could also use attributes modifiers to "create" that special axe that you are suggesting rather than give the tank those 2 effecs. https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Attribute

• As a runner has a tool: its wooden pickaxe. So has the tank: its shield. So they’re balanced in that sense.
  • And last, give the tank Slowness III, which would be a decrease of 45% of its total speed. Twice as slow as a runner plus an extra 5% to counter the very strong stone axe.
In conclusion, replace the tank kit’s iron leggings for chain leggings and leather helmet and boots. Change the pickaxe for a stone axe. Give it Strength I, Weakness I And Slowness III. Keep the iron chestplate and shield. And you’ve got yourselves a kit that is twice as strong as runner but twice as slow.

No they are no balanced,your new tank won't work and the main reason it's it's slowness,yes I agreed to give it an axe but,slowness 3? That would only make the tank more useless,I will rather choose to let his speed like this or change it to level 1.One of the first things you need to do after you come up with an idea is to attack it so you can improve it,better if its attacked by someone else,that usually jumps one step of a thread life,disagreement,so that time can be applied in making the idea a lot better,or at least it would have been better if you would had wait to add this idea into a bigger.Or you just could had discuss with me your idea...

Last edited:
Reactions: Andyyy

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
This is not balance because of one important factor:speed

Be the speed of movement or attack it very important for it to be as fast as possible because of the knockback;knockback is one of the more important things of pvp because if you are faster and hit faster than your oponnent,why are you going to need armor if you are not going to get hit?That's why runners are kind of op and tanks is pretty useless.

Althought I kind of like your idea of opposites(even if it wouldn't work in a million of years)

You could also use attributes modifiers to "create" that special axe that you are suggesting rather than give the tank those 2 effecs. https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Attribute

No they are no balanced,your new tank won't work and the main reason it's it's slowness,yes I agreed to give it an axe but,slowness 3? That would only make the tank more useless,I will rather choose to let his speed like this or change it to level 1.One of the first things you need to do after you come up with an idea is to attack it so you can improve it,better if its attacked by someon else,that usually jumps one step of a thread life,disagreement,so that time can be applied in making the idea a lot better,or at least it would have been better if you would have wait to add this idea onto a bigger.Or you just could had discuss with me your idea...
I'm kinda in the middle of this suggestion, the reasoning doesn't really work, but I like the result, this make the tank more unique and slowness isn't really that annoying to deal with since you are not supposed to run around too much anyways( I changed it a bit in my own thread, check it out)

D

Deleted member 436996

Hi Eli, may I put a link of your thread on my newest blockwars suggestion thread on the balancing tank kit?! I like much more how you balanced it than how I did :)

Reactions: Eli

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
I'm kinda in the middle of this suggestion, the reasoning doesn't really work, but I like the result, this make the tank more unique and slowness isn't really that annoying to deal with since you are not supposed to run around too much anyways( I changed it a bit in my own thread, check it out)

Ask andy if you want.

Last edited:

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Another quick thing, you said runner having the advantage of double the speed should mean that tank should have double the armour and weapon. Because if both are twice as good, isn't that 4x better?

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Another quick thing, you said runner having the advantage of double the speed should mean that tank should have double the armour and weapon. Because if both are twice as good, isn't that 4x better?
Ow, that’s true. Then maybe they should have the same weapon.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Ow, that’s true. Then maybe they should have the same weapon.
And if you think about it, isn't giving tank slowness 3 going to just encourage them to camp in the flag room? You don't have to move much there so the slowness won't have much impact, I really think it would just be really OP for defence and never used for attack and it could cause a lot of stalemates. I really think it's best for tank to not have a sword, It's the slowness that is preventing its offensive use and the lack of sword that prevents it's defensive use. Increasing slowness and giving it a weapon will just make it heavily used for defence, which might be far too strong.

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
And if you think about it, isn't giving tank slowness 3 going to just encourage them to camp in the flag room? You don't have to move much there so the slowness won't have much impact, I really think it would just be really OP for defence and never used for attack and it could cause a lot of stalemates. I really think it's best for tank to not have a sword, It's the slowness that is preventing its offensive use and the lack of sword that prevents it's defensive use. Increasing slowness and giving it a weapon will just make it heavily used for defence, which might be far too strong.
its how its inteneded tho..I dont want to see tank in offense Unless its icypeak I dont see problem of this proosal, you should be able to get around them

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
Top Bottom