Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What weapon do you prefer?

• Axe

• Sword

Results are only viewable after voting.

fernando duran

Apr 22, 2016
Venezuela
Is better the swords, because if you're faced with someone and you have a sword and an ax you have to dodge his blows roderlo they are very slow, and instead the sword to be much faster you can hit several blows dodging the blows of the sword

PichuGo

Sep 4, 2016
I love both, but i'll vote for swords because i'm good with timing hits. In my opinion, axes are better for those who aren't as good with the precise 1.9/1.10 timings.

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

Sword is best because it reloads faster. And if u miss a hit no biggy, because its reload is fast.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Depends on the situation. Skill level and number of people I'm against helps me decide, if I'm against 3 or 4 I'll always use the axe and just bounce around hitting crits. One v one has to be the sword if they are a decent pvper or axe for a quick finish against lower skille/armoure.

justin2001plays

Aug 25, 2016
Depends on the situation. Skill level and number of people I'm against helps me decide, if I'm against 3 or 4 I'll always use the axe and just bounce around hitting crits. One v one has to be the sword if they are a decent pvper or axe for a quick finish against lower skille/armoure.
Agreed. But one thing good about sword is that it can swipe your enemies back.

justin2001plays

Aug 25, 2016
This is wrong (i think)
Axes are just as and more powerful than swords but they take just as much timing as a sword to!!
Nope. A sword takes about 0.6 second to recharge but a diamomd axe takes 1 second to recharge. So it has a huge difference when comes to timing hits. As I said, it is based on individual preferences.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Nope. A sword takes about 0.6 second to recharge but a diamomd axe takes 1 second to recharge. So it has a huge difference when comes to timing hits. As I said, it is based on individual preferences.
0.625 seconds to be exact. If Cube decides to update to 1.11 completely instead of making 1.11 clients compatible with 1.9 (Cube is still 1.9 btw, not even 1.9.2 or up), then theoretically axes will be more useful for disabling shields. Also, I believe the sweep side effect works on players, but because players are often spread out 2+ blocks away from each other, sweep won't affect them.

Sword is actually easier to use thanks to the fast reload. As others said, the axe's slow reload penalizes players new to 1.9 combat. Note that damage reduction is quadratic, meaning it's not going to be, for example, 50% less damage at 50% reload.

Here's an analysis of each one (some pros/cons taken directly from my SG guide). Key: + means pro, - means con, and * means note.

Sword
+Fast reload (0.625 seconds per hit)
+Can have fire aspect to deal extra damage.
+Pairs well with sharpness since sharpness increases the DPS by 1.6 on the first enchant. Subsequent enchants increase the DPS by 0.8.
+Highest DPS of all the melee weapons in the game.
+Easier to combo.
+Some crowd control, though this bonus is almost insignificant.
-Less damage than the axe.
-Low damage for wood and gold swords. Even a gold axe has higher DPS than a gold sword!
-Cannot disable shields, though fire enchants will bypass it.
-Weaker than fire swords and axes for first strikes and chasing.
*Damage varies based on the tier. Attack speed is the same for all swords.

Axe
+High burst damage means it's good for chasing or first strikes.
+Paired with crits, it can tear through more armor.
+Can disable shields for 5 seconds on hit. 25% by default, 100% if sprinting + hitting.
+Benefits more from strength potions thanks to its high burst damage. This means it will pierce through even more armor than a sword with strength.
-Slow reload. This means less accuracy against moving targets.
-More difficult to combo.
-Costs 2 points of durability per use. However, higher tiers have more uses and using additional damage sources will conserve its uses.
-Has a higher damage penalty than the sword if attacking during its cooldown.
-No fire aspect and knockback enchants. Exception: custom-created axes in SG have knockback.
*Attack speed varies based on the tier. Starting with stone, damage is 9 (2 extra damage compared to gold and wood axes). Attack speed increases by 0.1 per tier from wood to diamond/gold.

If you have hacks (don't even dare hack on any server to begin with), then any weapon works thanks to autoattacks immediately after reload and crits.

Reactions: justin2001plays

justin2001plays

Aug 25, 2016
0.625 seconds to be exact. If Cube decides to update to 1.11 completely instead of making 1.11 clients compatible with 1.9 (Cube is still 1.9 btw, not even 1.9.2 or up), then theoretically axes will be more useful for disabling shields. Also, I believe the sweep side effect works on players, but because players are often spread out 2+ blocks away from each other, sweep won't affect them.

Sword is actually easier to use thanks to the fast reload. As others said, the axe's slow reload penalizes players new to 1.9 combat. Note that damage reduction is quadratic, meaning it's not going to be, for example, 50% less damage at 50% reload.

Here's an analysis of each one (some pros/cons taken directly from my SG guide). Key: + means pro, - means con, and * means note.

Sword
+Fast reload (0.625 seconds per hit)
+Can have fire aspect to deal extra damage.
+Pairs well with sharpness since sharpness increases the DPS by 1.6 on the first enchant. Subsequent enchants increase the DPS by 0.8.
+Highest DPS of all the melee weapons in the game.
+Easier to combo.
+Some crowd control, though this bonus is almost insignificant.
-Less damage than the axe.
-Low damage for wood and gold swords. Even a gold axe has higher DPS than a gold sword!
-Cannot disable shields, though fire enchants will bypass it.
-Weaker than fire swords and axes for first strikes and chasing.
*Damage varies based on the tier. Attack speed is the same for all swords.

Axe
+High burst damage means it's good for chasing or first strikes.
+Paired with crits, it can tear through more armor.
+Can disable shields for 5 seconds on hit. 25% by default, 100% if sprinting + hitting.
+Benefits more from strength potions thanks to its high burst damage. This means it will pierce through even more armor than a sword with strength.
-Slow reload. This means less accuracy against moving targets.
-More difficult to combo.
-Costs 2 points of durability per use. However, higher tiers have more uses and using additional damage sources will conserve its uses.
-Has a higher damage penalty than the sword if attacking during its cooldown.
-No fire aspect and knockback enchants. Exception: custom-created axes in SG have knockback.
*Attack speed varies based on the tier. Starting with stone, damage is 9 (2 extra damage compared to gold and wood axes). Attack speed increases by 0.1 per tier from wood to diamond/gold.

If you have hacks (don't even dare hack on any server to begin with), then any weapon works thanks to autoattacks immediately after reload and crits.
You forgot to mention that swords have the swipe attack ability. Btw, I managed to combo with an axe against pros sometimes and that was huge. Some sword pvpers are better than me, so I decided to fight them with an axe and I won. So knowing how to use both weapons is a good thing. Each opponent has its weakness.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
You forgot to mention that swords have the swipe attack ability. Btw, I managed to combo with an axe against pros sometimes and that was huge. Some sword pvpers are better than me, so I decided to fight them with an axe and I won. So knowing how to use both weapons is a good thing. Each opponent has its weakness.
swipe doesnt work on players
^^^^^^^^

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I use both, It depends on the kind of sword and that situation really. If I have a diamond sword I probably just use sword. I use axes for sneak attacks.

Ameer_

Sep 1, 2016
I,when i pvp i buy both. Ill use an axe to drop him low. And finish him with a sword. Because axe has the damage. Sword has the speed

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I did mention it in one of the pros. That's the "crowd control" one.

I prefer fire swords over axes if I can get one in SG. Otherwise, I usually use a sword + lava. If I don't have lava, then I use an axe.

justin2001plays

Aug 25, 2016
I did mention it in one of the pros. That's the "crowd control" one.

I prefer fire swords over axes if I can get one in SG. Otherwise, I usually use a sword + lava. If I don't have lava, then I use an axe.
For SG, I prefer using axes because it finishes your opponent in 2 or 3 hits since they do not have good armor in SG. For the longer fights, I prefer using swords. I switch them up and use them wisely at different situations. But my main weapon is a sword.
It does work on players. It depends how close they are.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

ItzzWxrrior wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
no way this cool guy is helper now 🔥
Mintypie231 wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations on helper!!!
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations bro you can do it !! 🤍
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Top Bottom