Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What weapon do you prefer?

• Axe

• Sword

Results are only viewable after voting.

iiWashington

Aug 11, 2016
If I am playing skywars, luckyblocks, etc, anything that I can get I work with, lol.
If I were to choose, sword most likely.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
axes are good if you are more of a defensive player swords are for the more offensive. Basically with an axe run in and out trying to get critical hits while with a sword try to stay with them and combo them to death.

Reactions: Lezappen

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
You can dodge easier with a sword because you can combo which does more knockback so it makes it harder for you opponent to attack you while getting comboed

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I recently did so e practice with an a e on another server and found that axes are incredibly good against intermediate sword users ones that can combo but can't land hits 80%+ of the time. I think axes are good for picking off the weaker members of a group or simply good for quickly dealing with low skill pvpers but against a skilled sword user axes put you at a great disadvantage since they will know their reach a lot better and will generally combo you to death before you can hit them. Playing defensively like I said before works but is still not amazing with dealing with skilled sword users. Also using an axe against an archer will most likely get you killed as you have to get very close to be sure of your hit. In general I think axes should be used to intimate a fight and when you pull back to eat used to get another crit in all other times I suggest a sword.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I would go for the axe life but that is only if you are comfortable with it and have completely stopped spam clicking. If you are still wanting to click fast, go for the sword as the swing speed is quite fast. But if you are PvPing, beware of the sharpness 5 diamond axe with a strength 2 potion. It does 55.9 damage. A good strategy with the axe is to swing and block while it gets recharged. Then swing again and then block with the shield. Like this you will do a lot of damage and take less in return.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I would go for the axe life but that is only if you are comfortable with it and have completely stopped spam clicking. If you are still wanting to click fast, go for the sword as the swing speed is quite fast. But if you are PvPing, beware of the sharpness 5 diamond axe with a strength 2 potion. It does 55.9 damage. A good strategy with the axe is to swing and block while it gets recharged. Then swing again and then block with the shield. Like this you will do a lot of damage and take less in return.
Strength potions were nerfed in 1.9 to do +3 damage per level.

Short answer: sword, the #1 melee weapon in MC.
Long answer: it depends on the situation. Here's what I use:

Primary: Sword. If it has fire aspect and I don't have a better sword, it's still a good primary. Otherwise, fire aspect sword is my secondary.
Secondary: Fire aspect sword > axe. Axe if I have nothing else or if the axe is much much better than the sword (e.g. stone axe vs regular gold sword).

SenseiAndrew

Jun 1, 2016
America
Swords can be used quicker than axes & you can slash with them. In 1v1 I slash and then step back to let it recharge. Axes are great for the first hit.

D34TH4NG31

Jul 13, 2016
Your Moms Place
All depends on the situation :P
Swords for combos
Axes for spaced out high damage attacks
I try and space out the use between the two
I don't believe either is superior over the other

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom