Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Survival Games come back to a permanent state in CubeCraft?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

jajao

Aug 14, 2020
Portugal
Why? I mean why did they removed survival games from a permanent state in the server to featured.
I would like to play survival games on cubecraft just like the old times, i hate being forced to wait until it comes back to the "featured minigames" section

I hope you're having a great day (sorry if there are any gramatical errors english is not my fluent language ;D)

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
It was likely removed because it didn’t have enough players. I personally haven’t played it yet, but as of know I’m voting no for the reason of it not getting enough players.

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
I would like it to be back honestly because I liked a lot that game. I remember playing it on another server almost every day. But I don't think it will come back due to insufficient players that actually play the game.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Afaik survival games used to be hugely popular back in 2015. Games filled up quite quickly and i’ve met a few popular Dutch youtubers in the SG lobby back then. Sadly enough our playerbase began shrinking and we updated SG somewhere before or after that, but it did not save the game. Games would barely fill, lobbies were empty and no one would chat. This happened to almost all of our games, except for the most popular ones. The management team decided we had to change something, so they added featured games. We did not want to remove games, so the purpose of featured games was that everyone could still play their favorite game, but only once in every few days/weeks! Games filled up more quickly because of this.

We have recently hired a few new game developers. Which have been announced here, together with what they will be working on: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/introducing-our-new-developers-spoilers.259649/
We also made the announcement, that we might return to the old state of how it was before, with game lobbies.
We haven't brought multiple lobbies back to Java yet. This is something we want to do, but for it to be effective we need to have a higher number of concurrent players on the network so lobbies continue to feel "busy". Although we have seen a great amount of growth on our Java network in recent months, we don't want to stunt this. We believe once we start to peak at around 8k players - we should be able to bring back multiple lobbies! This is something we are continuing to review and we'll let you know if something changes!
if our playerbase will grow a lot (I would guess 10-15k players online all the time), they might be able to undo the featured games, or at least make the most played games on there permanent. Do know that I am a staff member, but I am not aware of the plans our management and admin team has, so this is only an idea that could potentially happen, but is not confirmed by the management/admin team.

Reactions: Lozora and Redned

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Afaik survival games used to be hugely popular back in 2015. Games filled up quite quickly and i’ve met a few popular Dutch youtubers in the SG lobby back then. Sadly enough our playerbase began shrinking and we updated SG somewhere before or after that, but it did not save the game. Games would barely fill, lobbies were empty and no one would chat. This happened to almost all of our games, except for the most popular ones. The management team decided we had to change something, so they added featured games. We did not want to remove games, so the purpose of featured games was that everyone could still play their favorite game, but only once in every few days/weeks! Games filled up more quickly because of this.

We have recently hired a few new game developers. Which have been announced here, together with what they will be working on: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/introducing-our-new-developers-spoilers.259649/
We also made the announcement, that we might return to the old state of how it was before, with game lobbies.
if our playerbase will grow a lot (I would guess 10-15k players online all the time), they might be able to undo the featured games, or at least make the most played games on there permanent. Do know that I am a staff member, but I am not aware of the plans our management and admin team has, so this is only an idea that could potentially happen, but is not confirmed by the management/admin team.
I wish the best of luck to the new devs, and to the managment team in their efforts to attract more players

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
I would love to see survival games as a normal gamemode however I think nobody would play it after a few weeks. It loses it specialty as a limited time played game. So the game would basically die

Reactions: Lozora and 404Owl

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I would love to see survival games as a normal gamemode however I think nobody would play it after a few weeks. It loses it specialty as a limited time played game. So the game would basically die
There's a video (and many reddit posts) discussing some history about the game. It was popular back in the mid-2010s but MC's popularity started declining around 2016. It was when MC was selling and having a lot of players on at the time was when hunger games (aka survival games) was at its peak.

At this point, the game would have to rebuild from the ground up to regain its former glory.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!! <33 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday, Adrian! :) 😃 🍰
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday, Skate! 🛼 🎈
As I am pretty close to fact #60, I would like to ask something. Do you all like Minecraft facts or irl facts? I have been posting Minecraft facts for five days for a change. If you want mc facts, I am pretty sure I have a few more. If you all want irl facts, I have no problem in doing that! Although I would have to check the availability of the facts, this would help me post more interesting and fun facts!
Reesle wrote on MCotoulas's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom