Do I include sentinel stats?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

OOFChan0924

Aug 15, 2020
I was browsing Discord, and user CentaleoN64 on discord made the comment "How many hackers of 5000 online 🧐 " somewhat as a funny thing to say, just really having a chill time in discord. However, I decided to take this way too seriously, and try to find a statistical average to figure this out, HOPEFULLY For both Bedrock AND Java! However, I will need some help.

I want people to play some games on cubecraft, really pick any game as long as you know how many players per round the game is. Every time you see a hacker, make note of how many games you played that day with and without a hacker on that mode. If you see one in the lobby, you CAN count how many lobbies you've been in and how many people were in each but that's a bit overkill and maybe a project for if this fully takes off, not now.

If I can get enough data and input with this project, it would be fascinating to see the results, with which I will be doing a lot of statistical analysis Here's EXACTLY what I need from everyone;

-How many rounds of what game mode did you play in a given day
-How many players are in this gamemode per round
-How many hackers did you find?

This is all I need from you. Even one session of playing would be extremely helpful, as these can add up to give a very good average.

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
I will take today as an example, as I remember it quite clearly:
- Today I played skywars for some minutes. Spectating games in order to find rule breakers. 21-22 rounds.
- 12-24 persons. Let's say, 252-288 players in total.
- Afaik, 11-27 hackers.

Java Edition.

It tried to be as accurate as possible... I counted the hackers that were banned by sentinel too.

Edit: I will try tomorrow, and I'll see if I get similar results.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I will take today as an example, as I remember it quite clearly:
- Today I played skywars for some minutes. Spectating games in order to find rule breakers. 21-22 rounds.
- 12-24 persons. Let's say, 252-288 players in total.
- Afaik, 11-27 hackers.

Java Edition.

It tried to be as accurate as possible... I counted the hackers that were banned by sentinel too.

Edit: I will try tomorrow, and I'll see if I get similar results.
I’ve seen none in the last 2 weeks wow

Triflame3304

Jul 15, 2020
-How many rounds of what game mode did you play in a given day?
I'd say around 20-30 per day
-How many players are in this gamemode per round?
Solos
-How many hackers did you find?
Around 3-5 per day, 27 in total

Have a good day! c:

OOFChan0924

Aug 15, 2020
An update with what I have:
(Skip to bottom for clear values)
Due to some maps having more than others, I've use Jiivan's player spread to take the average player per game which is a median of 12.6~. Using this number, I have found averages for Triflame's data to be 315 players in a given day, with only an average of 4 hacking. This, I have found to be about 1.27% of players (4/315 x 100%) On Triflame's platform (Java or Bedrock?). Jiivan's values were for bedrock and very clear, giving us only the challenge of hacker quantity, which I can't just take the middle of as I can for 3-5. Instead, I took what some might consider a looser and more suspect to innacuracy approach and just found the spread for Java. The LOWEST percentage with the numbers is 3.82% while the highest is 9.36%.

Summary

Triflame's Platform (Need to know java or bedrock)
1.27% of players, which if there's 12 in a round means there's about 15.24% chance of meeting one.

Java
Anywhere from 3.82% to 9.36%, which would imply if there is 12 in a round you're somewhere around ~80% likely to meet a hacker, which I feel like might be more because of the wide spread of hackers in the data rather than actual fact, unless people are meeting a hacker every single game of solo sw in java...

Overall, not enough data to go with a solid answer, however I'm inclined to go with about 15% of games have a hacker overall with just the numbers here.

Reactions: Gregeyy

OOFChan0924

Aug 15, 2020
So I've hit a little roadbump with the numbers. YungLunchMoney has given exact numbers to work with and everything I need, but imprecisions in the other data may have skewed this project. I'm continuing with it, however if I try something else like this I'll most definitely be organizing it much better and may even seek out a small team. With the next data I get, I'll try to un-skew the data and get an accurate view on the actual amount of hackers to expect in a given level of players.

Reactions: wxzzrd

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Cant you look how many unique players logged on in 24 hours and then the sentinel ban stats. You won't have the staff stats but who cares

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Cant you look how many unique players logged on in 24 hours and then the sentinel ban stats. You won't have the staff stats but who cares
Not all cheaters get banned immediately, so you'll have some missing data.

I remember there was a stats.cubecraft.net, but as of writing this, the counter showing the number of unique players logged in seems to be broken.

Triflame3304

Jul 15, 2020
An update with what I have:
(Skip to bottom for clear values)
Due to some maps having more than others, I've use Jiivan's player spread to take the average player per game which is a median of 12.6~. Using this number, I have found averages for Triflame's data to be 315 players in a given day, with only an average of 4 hacking. This, I have found to be about 1.27% of players (4/315 x 100%) On Triflame's platform (Java or Bedrock?). Jiivan's values were for bedrock and very clear, giving us only the challenge of hacker quantity, which I can't just take the middle of as I can for 3-5. Instead, I took what some might consider a looser and more suspect to innacuracy approach and just found the spread for Java. The LOWEST percentage with the numbers is 3.82% while the highest is 9.36%.

Summary

Triflame's Platform (Need to know java or bedrock)
1.27% of players, which if there's 12 in a round means there's about 15.24% chance of meeting one.

Java
Anywhere from 3.82% to 9.36%, which would imply if there is 12 in a round you're somewhere around ~80% likely to meet a hacker, which I feel like might be more because of the wide spread of hackers in the data rather than actual fact, unless people are meeting a hacker every single game of solo sw in java...

Overall, not enough data to go with a solid answer, however I'm inclined to go with about 15% of games have a hacker overall with just the numbers here.
the platform I play on is bedrock (ovo)b

Reactions: OOFChan0924

OOFChan0924

Aug 15, 2020
I can't believe I didn't hit post on my last post... Okay so:
-I overlook time of day for two reasons. 1 the data I am getting is already innacurate enough, 2 I want my final figure to be reusable at all times of day and be at least somewhat accurate. However, that's a very good observation and I may work with that at a later date.
-Thank you triflame, very cool. This gives me something to work with when I take in sentinel stats.
-About taking sentinel stats, I am hesitant to do so too early, or even at all. These only take banned hackers, and some caught hackers may be banned by sentinel. I could have circumvented this entire thing by just using sentinel stats, but that doesn't account for the many hackers that sentinel doesn't get, and may have me counting some of the same hackers twice when reported in sentinel and in this forum. However, I'm probably just gonna do it anyways just to get a figure in general.

ReMD0G

Jul 1, 2020
There is an increase of hackers in the pandemic right now. Btw I am starting a series are articles about Minecraft!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom