Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see Super Craft Bros return in the way it was described in this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but in a way different to how it was described in this thread

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Cubecraft PvP is boring! If you've played one game, you've played them all!

...Except, it wasn't always this way. There used to be fun and original variants to the typical PvP experience that gave Cubecraft its charm... this suggestion intends to give it that charm back!

What is Super Craft Bros?

Super Craft Bros was a gamemode situated in the Arcade until early 2017, when an update saw its removal from the server. The two main reasons for this were:

-That the game was riddled with bugs and kit imbalances (due to the terrible Anti-Cheat and poorly thought out 1.9 update)
-That it's a public plugin that's featured on many other servers.

The game was inspired by the video game 'Super Smash Bros: Brawl', a game that sees Nintendo characters fight one another to deal "percentage" to the other player. The higher percentage a player has, the more knockback they'll take from a hit, and therefore the easier they are to be hit off the stage.

The most recent installation of the franchise, Super Sm4sh Bros, has sold 5.03 million copies as of June 2017, despite it being launched on one of the most commercially unsuccessful systems in Nintendo's history. In other words, the game is popular.

The most compelling thing about Super Craft Bros was its replication of Super Smash Bros' double-jump and character mechanics. Super Craft Bros featured eight playable characters, and each of them could double-jump. This meant that running around the stage was both quick and enjoyable, which is rare for a Minecraft minigame. Usually the journey is the most boring part, but in this game, it's actually fun to just fly around the stage as you search for people to fight.

Rare footage of me exterminating noobs on Super Smash Craft Bros
upload_2017-8-8_16-20-11.png

What's new this time around?

Obviously pasting the game back into the server in its current state is a big no-no, and nobody would want that. Here are the key differences this time around:

-Kits are to be balanced properly. Previously, Craft Bros has had two crutch kits: the obnoxious Wither in 1.8, and the obviously untested Skeleton in 1.9. Seriously, did anybody test this gamemode before updating to 1.9???

-There will be two new gamemodes!! :0 INCREDIBLE!!!

-There will be far more achievements this time around, many in which will require you to use a specific kit. This is to introduce people to new kits

-Armour will be buffed across all kits, meaning that fights will typically last longer. This is to encourage "ledge guarding", whereupon you hit your opponent off the edge, and then hit them during their boost-jump to cause them to fall. It's a very common method of securing early kills in Smash Bros.

-Kits will each have a standard weapon, and a "Smash Attack" weapon. The latter weapon will deal far greater damage and knockback, but will take longer to charge

The gamemodes

Gamemode one - Stock [Free]

The first gamemode, 'Classic', will have the same rules as the original. Players will spawn in at a random point on the map, with five lives. To eliminate a player, you must take all of their lives by killing them. The winning conditions are to be last alive; not to get the most kills.

Gamemode two - Smash [Free]

the second gamemode, 'Smash', will feature the same kits and maps, however owes a little bit more to Super Smash Bros. In this gamemode, you start with zero hearts, and your heart meter will increase when you take damage. The more this meter is filled, the more knockback you will take. The objective is no longer to remove your opponents' health; it's to hit them off the stage. Some attacks will deal more damage and knockback than others (i.e. Projectile-based attacks will have to be weaker, else they'd have a stupidly wide advantage). You will have twenty hearts in total, however if an attack is strong enough it could KO with only seven or so of those hearts filled.

Gamemode three - Brawl [Lapiz+ rank required]

The third gamemode, 'Brawl', will require at least the Lapiz rank to vote for. This gamemode also owes a little bit more to Super Smash Bros. It works similarly to 'Classic', only you aren't limited to five lives, but rather to a time limit of five minutes. The winner is whoever gets the most kills in those five minutes, rather than whoever is last alive.

Note: When 'Brawl' has not been voted for, either 'Smash' or 'Stock' will be selected at random. Lapiz+ players can of course, vote for either 'Smash' or 'Stock' if they prefer one over the other.

Final Smashes and Smash Attacks

A Final Smash is an ability that differs for each kit. For example, the Skeleton kit's Final Smash is 'Arrow Storm', whereas the Kitsune's Final Smash is 'Ditto'.

Each Final Smash has a different base cool-down timer. This timer corresponds with how long it will take for said ability to become available to you. However, the timer can be sped up by killing other players. For every player killed, twenty-five seconds will be removed from your cool-down timer.

A Smash Attack is a weapon that, like Final Smashes, will differ depending on the kit selected. They will be more powerful and will also deal a greater knockback, however will take longer to "charge". They're intended to be used to initiate fights assuming the weapon is charged, and in 'Smash' mode to secure early KO's. Overall though, due to their high charge-up times, they're not likely to offer a greater DPS than the ordinary weapons provided.

Note: A Smash Attack will do no knockback and far less damage if not fully charged. This is to prevent the game from becoming Fish Slap 2.0, as some kits have very high knockback enchantments.

Kits

Note: Every kit will have the same armour minus the 'Praetorian' kit, and a skull which will correspond with the kit in question.

Better note: These are just suggested values, and will need to be tested for balancing purposes. I wouldn't recommend using the enchantment values provided in these kits at all, because tbh, I was just making numbers up.

Skeleton
A character that's hell-bent on avoiding close quarters combat (CQB). Beware of its high-damage arrows and Arrow Storm ability.

Equipment:

-Bow [Name: Bone bow | Enchantments: Infinity I, Power I]
-Arrow [Name: Bone arrow | Enchantments: None]
-Stone Sword [Name: Smash Attack | Enchantments: Sharpness IV, Knockback II | Charge-up time: Four seconds]

Final Smash: Arrow Storm

-Shoot six arrows in rapid succession. Will deal massive damage, much like how it worked prior to the game's removal
-Three minute cool-down timer

Blaze
The Blaze fights using the embers it was born from. It is the phoenix, spitting fire from afar and coming in close only to burn you a little bit more.

Equipment

-Bow [Name: Phoenix bow | Enchantments: Infinity I, Flame I]
-Feather [Name: Phoenix wing | Enchantments: Fire aspect II]
-Iron sword [Name: Smash Attack | Enchantments: Sharpness IV, Knockback II | Charge-up time: Four seconds]

Final Smash: Phoenix Funeral

-Activates automatically upon death, and will revive you without costing a stock (See Totem of Undying)
-Five minute cool-down timer

Creeper
The Creeper brings explosives to knife fights. It may be slow, but it hits hard and with greater range than any other melee fighter.

Equipment

-Eggs x3 [Name: Grenade | Enchantments: None, though works like the grenades from Paintball]
-Stone spade [Name: Cannon | Enchantments: Sharpness V, Unbreaking X, Knockback II]
-Stone sword [Name: Smash Attack | Enchantments: Sharpness VI, Knockback II | Charge-up time: Seven seconds]

Final Smash: Quake

-A close-range, high knockback AoE attack
-Attack can be evaded if opponent is on the ground. Shifting will instantly stop the knockback of this attack
-Three minute cool-down timer

Spider
Speed and aggression. It runs faster than any other fighter, but deals less damage as a result. Luckily, it cannot be hit if its opponent cannot see it.

Equipment

-Spider eye [Name: Venomous eye | Enchantments: Sharpness V]
-Iron sword [Name: Smash Attack | Enchantments: Sharpness V, Knockback III | Charge-up time: Four seconds]

Final Smash: Arachnophobia
-A close-range AoE attack that will blind recipients temporarily
-Two minute cool-down timer

Polar Bear
A slow, clumsy warrior that focuses on immobilising its enemies to kill them. It's a hard kit to use, but is easily the most satisfying.

Equipment:

-Diamond shovel [Name: Frosted Club | Enchantments: Sharpness III]
-Diamond sword [Name: Smash Attack | Enchantments: Sharpness VI, Knockback III | Charge-up time: Eleven seconds]

Final Smash: Snow Asylum
-A snowball that will freeze anybody it hits. If it misses, it will be returned to you after five seconds. If it hits, it will be consumed
-When frozen, players cannot move but can still attack
-When frozen, players cannot double-jump. If in the air, they will fall vertically with no influence on their direction

Wither
Caution: Packs a limited quiver of explosive-tipped arrows, and a Final Smash that sees its enemies kill themselves.

Equipment:
-Bow [Name: Hydra Bow | Enchantments: None]
-Arrow x16 [Name: Hydra bolts | Enchantments: Explosive II]
-Stone sword [Name: Hydra blade | Enchantments: Unbreaking X]
-Stone sword [Name: Smash Attack | Enchantments: Sharpness IV, Knockback II | Charge-up time: Six seconds]

Final Smash:
-You begin to flash blue, resembling a melee-form Wither
-Any player that attacks you will receive a heart of damage. You will be immune to damage and knockback
-Three minute cool-down

Enderman
A kit that deals average damage. It isn't very amusing, minus its cloaking ability and the power to teleport short distances.

Equipment:
-Eye of Ender [Name: Dragon's end | Enchantments: Sharpness VIII]
-Enderpearl x6 [Name: Warp | Effect: Will teleport the user when thrown, however cannot be thrown as far as usual]
-Wooden sword [Name: Smash Attack | Enchantments: Sharpness VII, Knockback I | Charge-up time: five seconds]

Final Smash: Disappear
-A temporary invisibility effect, that will disappear either on its own or if you attack another player
-One minute cool-down timer

Zombie
A kit built around stage control. It has a low jump and slow speed, but hits like a truck.

Equipment:
-Stone sword [Name: Sword of the Dead | Enchantments: Sharpness IV]
-Iron sword [Name: Smash Attack | Enchantments: Sharpness VI, Knockback I | Charge-up time: Four seconds]

Final Smash: Antidote
-Turn into Steve/Alex temporarily, receiving full diamond armour for thirteen seconds. Your sword will remain the same

Praetorian
Your typical wall. This kit is designed to soak up as much damage as you can give. It won't suffice against most other melee fighters, but is the bane of archers.

Equipment:
-Better armour than all other kits (i.e. higher enchantment values)
-Stone sword [Name: Dory | Enchantments: Sharpness II, Unbreaking X]
-Shield [Name: Aegis | Enchantments: None]
-Stone sword [Name: Smash Attack | Enchantments: Sharpness V, Knockback I | Charge-up time: Three seconds]

Final Smash: Emperor's Aegis
-A barrier appears over your head for thirteen seconds
-Become immune to all sources of damage. Receiving damage will restore your hitpoints
-Two minute thirty second cool-down timer

Kitsune
A shape-shifter that receives the best of both worlds. Packed with an adequate sword and a decent bow, it's able to hold its own against any other kit in the game.

Equipment:
-Bow [Name: Morphed Bow | Enchantments: Power I]
-Arrow x24 [Name: Morphed Arrow | Enchantments: None]
-Iron sword [Name: Morphed Sword | Enchantments: None]
-Iron sword [Name: Smash Attack | Enchantments: Sharpness II, Knockback II | Charge-up time: Five seconds]

Final Smash: Ditto
-Gives you a random kit's Final Smash
-The Final Smash will last for 67% of its usual duration

Achievements

Name: Star Stock Player!
Requirements: KO five players in Stock match in one life
Reward: 100 experience, 25 points

Name: Flawless
Requirements: Win a Stock match without losing a stock
Reward: 200 experience, 50 points

Name: JV5
Requirements: Win a Stock match without taking any damage
Reward: 500 experience, 100 points, 2 cubelets
Context: A 'JV5' in Smash Bros terms refers to when you beat your opponent without taking any damage. Total annihilation!

Name: Brawler!
Requirements: Get thirty kills in a game of Brawl
Reward: 150 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Star Brawl Player!
Requirements: Kill five players in one life in a Brawl match

Name: Smashing!
Requirements: Kill five players in one life in a Smash match

Name: Berserk
Requirements: Kill three players in one life in a Smash match, whilst having fifteen hearts or more
Reward: 200 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: To ability and beyond! (idk)
Requirements: Use your Final Smash four times in a Stock match
Reward: 150 experience

Name: Overpowered
Requirements: Use a total of 1,500 Final Smashes
Reward: 300 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Underpowered
Requirements: Win a Brawl match without using your Final Smash once
Reward: 150 experience, 50 points

Name: Barebones
Requirements: Win a Stock match without double-jumping once
Reward: 150 experience, 50 points

Name: Sniper
Requirements: Kill 500 players with the Skeleton kit
Reward: 200 experience

Name: The Phoenix
Requirements: Kill 500 players with the Blaze kit

Name: High explosive
Requirements: Kill 500 players with the Creeper kit

Name: Arachne's revenge
Requirements: Kill 500 players with the Spider kit

Name: Creating a blizzard
Requirements: Kill 500 players with the Polar bear kit

Name: The Hydra
Requirements: Kill 500 players with the Wither kit

Name: The End
Requirements: Kill 500 players with the Enderman kit

Name: Resurrection
Requirements: Kill 500 players with the Zombie kit

Name: Defender
Requirements: Kill 500 players with the Praetorian kit

Name: Good at everything
Requirements: Kill 500 players with the Kitsune kit

Name: Completionist
Requirements: Kill 500 players with every kit
Reward: 5,000 experience, 10 cubelets, 500 points, cosmetic zombie pet

Name: Phoenix Funeral
Requirements: Kill the player that triggered your Phoenix Funeral in any game mode
Reward: 150 experience, 50 points, so much salt

Name: Ninja
Requirements: Kill a player within five seconds of using your Vanish ability
Reward: 150 experience

Name: Frozen solid
Requirements: Have your opponent fall into the void by using your Snow Asylum ability
Rewards: 250 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Bow-spammed
Requirements: Kill two players in one Arrow Storm activation
Rewards: 150 experience, 1 cubelet

Maps
The maps of Super Craft Bros will be 3d renditions of preexisting Smash Bros maps, as well as a few returning maps from the original Super Craft Bros.

Battlefield
A large area in the sky, with platforms above for fighting on.

upload_2017-8-8_16-40-21.png

Temple
The Hylian Temple. One of the largest maps in the franchise's history, yet is so beloved it has made it into the past three installments.

upload_2017-8-8_16-40-59.png

Green Greens
Whispy the tree features in a continuous war for centre stage

upload_2017-8-8_16-41-17.png

Music
Easily the best map ever made for any game on this server (alongside 'Classic'). Whichever builder made this map (Dri / Discoloration, I believe), had a fantastic vision for what a map should play out like.

upload_2017-8-8_16-42-5.png

Mario
A trail of stars leads players from a realm of pipes to the high skies

upload_2017-8-8_16-42-35.png

Athens
GIVE. ME.

upload_2017-8-8_16-46-22.png

"Advanced Techniques"

What makes Super Smash Bros such a competitive game, is the number of "advanced techniques" that can be performed by better players. If people are willing to learn how to perform these techniques, they can apply them to certain situations to increase their odds of damaging their opponent.

There were two "Advanced Techniques" that I found in the original Super Craft Bros that I'd love to see return. The first, and most vital one, was hitting your opponent as they begin their second jump. This would cancel out said jump, causing them to fall. This isn't really an advanced technique per say, especially not in Smash Bros, but I think it's important to keep this aspect of the game.

The second was far less known. It was a way of converting the vertical momentum of a double-jump into horizontal momentum. You would do this by sprint-jumping forwards, and then using your second jump the moment you hit the ground. The effect created would see you gliding across the ground in a temporary burst of speed that made closing gaps between you and your opponent easier. I probably have a video saved somewhere that demonstrates this, if anybody would like me to find it.

I think it'd be neat to also have a way of turning the direction of your avatar by 180 degrees at the click of a combination of buttons. It isn't exactly necessary, though the idea is to further reward people that are willing to learn to get better at the game. It also means that unskilled PvP players have an advantage if fighting against players that don't know how to do these things. For instance, you've only ever had to use the Knockback II bone of the Skeleton to hit somebody off the stage, followed by Arrow Storm, to get a kill on somebody without damaging them at all. Knowledge > PvP skill.

If you read the whole thing, then here's your reward: A video of Smash God "Mew2King" beating a Captain Falcon in under two minutes without taking a single hit:

Thanks for reading le thread. Please let me know whether you liked it or not x

Last edited:

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Alright, way to go me! I fixed the problem and made the thread better! Vote in poll pls thnx humans

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Awesome how you really tried to get SMB features translated to Minecraft physics. Godlike explanation on so many aspects, straight up awesome :D

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,

I've posted this before in your previous (bugged) thread, but I want to post it again on this thread. What I really want to see is the Assist Throphy. If you touch the Assist Throphy a random mob appears on the field and attacks all the players that it sees except you for about 10 - 15 seconds. To make it more interesting: The stronger your assistant (mob) the lower your chance it appears. For example:

Skeleton assist - 20%
Zombie assist - 20%
Spider assist - 20%
Baby Zombie assist - 10%
Zombie Pigman assist - 10%
Endermen assist - 10%
Blaze assist - 7%
Wither assist - 3%

Something like that. Maybe not the best example but I hope you understand my idea ;)

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Endermen assist - 10%
the enderman assist is so bad compared to most (as a person who chose enderman as their primary kit and won some games as well I would know I only ever stopped playing them when it screwed up so much that you could only use your special ability once per life so I quit that kit but I got fairly good at double jumping and enderpearling especially for a trackpad user)
why is the skeleton at the top if it's assist was broken and allowed for almost constant arrow rushes

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
the enderman assist is so bad compared to most (as a person who chose enderman as their primary kit and won some games as well I would know I only ever stopped playing them when it screwed up so much that you could only use your special ability once per life so I quit that kit but I got fairly good at double jumping and enderpearling especially for a trackpad user)
why is the skeleton at the top if it's assist was broken and allowed for almost constant arrow rushes
They're referring to the vanilla mob, not the kit. Endermen have one of the highest damage outputs of any mob in the game, hence why it's so rare.

Reactions: PerryJ

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him

I'm not talking about the old broken abilities. I'm talking about real mobs who can assist you for 10-15 sec by touching an Assist Throphy. The Assist Throphy appears on a random time in a match.

Reactions: Sophie

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
I'm not talking about the old broken abilities. I'm talking about real mobs who can assist you for 10-15 sec by touching an Assist Throphy. The Assist Throphy appears on a random time in a match.
I know I am referring to the percentages you were giving I was saying that you are giving the more OP kits a higher chance then the less OP kits

L

Lightning McQueen

Oh , didnt see that. Huh...

I really dislike those mob kits . Could we just have popular charecters instead? Like in the actual game?

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
I know I am referring to the percentages you were giving I was saying that you are giving the more OP kits a higher chance then the less OP kits

The percentages are just a plain example like I said in my post. So they can change it if they want to. My point was to talk about the Assist Throphy itself. I only gave an example to clarify the Assist Throphy.

@Gary Oak Sure we can add Herobrine or another cool character of Minecraft.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
The percentages are just a plain example like I said in my post. So they can change it if they want to. My point was to talk about the Assist Throphy itself. I only gave an example to clarify the Assist Throphy.
You expect me to be able to realise they are examples and not you actually assigning percentages
I am just stupid here

L

Lightning McQueen

In which universe is herobrine 'cool'? Its a creepypasta from 7 years ago.

Members Online

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #55-
If a big or medium slime or magma cube is named with a name tag, and then dies, its smaller versions will have the same name.
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday green budgie!! 🎂🎈
Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Top Bottom