• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
I've seen countless post suggestion this already, but always thought "how bad can it be, just wait a few seconds".
And boi I was wrong. The 60 second countdown is indeed very annoying, for threads, sure. But for things like profile posts..

The suggestion would be to reduce it to 20-30 seconds, enough for people not to flood the forums with messages and short enough for you to post messages whenever you want.

And the excuse "spam bots ahh, they will kill us" isn't really an excuse anymore. Bots barely spam anymore (look it up staffers). They post max 10 messages, but all of them get caught by the spam protection. And the ones that do get through are just single messages once in a while.

If it was worth to add extra trophy points, it's also worth to do this. Pretty sure it won't talk long for you to change this.

bye bye

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Having a longer message cooldown will make people think about what they are typing before posting a message, 1 minute is fine in my opinion, if someone wants to write a well thought out message then it should take at least a minute. Not to mention reading the thread and actually understanding what it is about, I have really never been in a scenario where I needed the cooldown shorter.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Having a longer message cooldown will make people think about what they are typing before posting a message
When I'm saying 'thank you' or 'thanks' or any other small sentence, I don't really have to think about what I just typed.
I have really never been in a scenario where I needed the cooldown shorter.
You don't need the cooldown to do that, just re-read your message yourself.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
pls it's really annoying (currently waiting 15 seconds to post this dkdsfusdhfluwef)

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Sounds like something a bot would say!

+1
Didnt I like make this joke when u suggested this lmao

But ye It was quite funny laughing at non staffers who couldnt post things, it should be removed though if players reach a certain time of them being on the forums imo

Fun fact: Helpers used to have the cooldown as well

Reactions: SpringWarz

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Profile posts I have always been a bit annoyed with, I guess it might just be that you can't edit them
About every time I attempt to make a new status I always hit enter to switch lines but forget that in status posts enter just posts it so before I am done I post it and always have to delete it to repost it

Normal posts can be edited
So I think yes lower it but only for conversations and profile posts

Reactions: skifby
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

legendaryfox977 wrote on savina875's profile.
.wollof eht rof uoy knahT
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thank you for everything! <3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul you have done <3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Thank you for everything you have done <3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for everything I also wish you goodluck <3
Top Bottom