Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

h4ddy

Sep 21, 2016
Space
Hi CubeCraft,

I got three suggestions for the reporting system.

1. I think its good to have the ability to view your report in stead of the status and a staff note only

2. I think its a good idea to have the ability to edit open reports.

3. In the overview add a column with the time the punishment lasts. (explanation: If someone is banned for 30 days you can see how many days of the punishment he or she has left).

Some extra context about how I think about it:

1. Will be nice because this way you have a nice history of reports.

2. Everyone makes mistakes. Even in ban reports, without the ability of deleting or editing the reports you have to create a second report. And staff will have more reports to handle.

3. Players who create reports now directly see what they have accomplished with their reports and how long they have made CubeCraft a better place and it gives them a better feeling.

Thanks for your time!

~ H4ddy

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
1. I think its good to have the ability to view your report in stead of the status and a staff note only
Why would you like to view your own report?

That could be handy for if you put the wrong video or file in the report, though if that's the the case, Staff Members will close your report with the text that you didn't put the correct screenshot or video in the report.

3. In the overview add a column with the time the punishment lasts. (explanation: If someone is banned for 30 days you can see how many days of the punishment he or she has left).
This'd be a nice thing, though I think this'd be better to add to the appeals site.

What do you mean with this exactly?

2. Everyone makes mistakes. Even in ban reports, without the ability of deleting or editing the reports you have to create a second report. And staff will have more reports to handle.
If the user's never logged into the server before, you get an error when you try to submit your report. Though, this could be handy for if you put the wrong screenshot or video in the report, but again, if that's the case, Staff Members will close your report with the text that you put the wrong screenshot or video in your report and that actually means that you have to create a new report which could take extra time for the Staff Members, but yeah.

3. Players who create reports now directly see what they have accomplished with their reports and how long they have made CubeCraft a better place and it gives them a better feeling.
You can still see what you have accomplished as above your reports on the first page there's a green box with a text with how many rule breakers you've gotten banned or muted.

Last edited:

h4ddy

Sep 21, 2016
Space
What do you mean with this exactly?
That you have a history of reports in stead of history of player names and state.

If the user's never logged into the server before, you get an error when you try to submit your report. Though, this could be handy for if you put the wrong screenshot or video in the report, but again, if that's the case, Staff Members will close your report with the text that you put the wrong screenshot or video in your report and that actually means that you have to create a new report which could take extra time for the Staff Members, but yeah.
Its about a mistake in the evidence, so wrong screenshot/YT link.

You can still see what you have accomplished as above your reports on the first page there's a green box with a text with how many rule breakers you've gotten banned or muted.
Yes, but I think still think it's a good idea. Because sometimes i am curious that some players are still banned and have to check it on the appeal site and there is no end date either.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi CubeCraft,

Thanks for your time!

~ H4ddy

I agree with @iCheeetah the first 2 ideas are a no
But the third could be useful.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Please explain

You can only see that they are still banned? Correct me if I am wrong.
1 just changing reports so that they can use outdated evidence by which time the reports would be invalid for most cases and than by the time the evidence is outdated they can edit it and change the date which would lead to more false reports
Nope you can perfectly see when they are muted
if they are no longer banned
if they are no longer muted
the only times you can't see them being banned on the appeals page is if it was under a few specific examples
and under the case that the reason they were banned was for compromised account

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Hi CubeCraft,

Thanks for your time!

~ H4ddy
I like both of these ideas, and it makes reporting a lot easier and if you made a mistake you can always edit your report and that's very handy, Keep up the good work! :)

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
As a moderator, I can't deny the fact that I come across an invalid reports every now and then. The reports usually become invalid because of an incorrect username, image or video. Therefore I support the idea of being able to view and edit your report as long as no staff member has reviewed it. Once a staff member did deal with your report, editing it should not be possible as there is no point in doing so.

I also get quite a lot of messages from players when I deny their report due to invalidity. Especially for wrongly submitted evidence, players are often confused as to why their report was denied, which is another argument for the ability to review your report to be implemented.

Adding the rule breaker's punishment length, however, isn't something I'm a huge fan of. Punishments are often not fully sat out, considering that they are sometimes shortened by a staff member, provided that the punished player submits a well-made appeal or contacts the responsible staff member in a friendly and polite manner. Due to that, the punishment lengths will only cause more confusion between reporters, rule breakers and staff members, as they can change at any given moment. If you really can't control your curiosity about your reported players, you can look them up on our appeals site.

I generally like your suggestion and will suggest it to our web developers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on SAASD's profile.
Hey pro! Long time no see, Hru? :D
Reesle wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything! Hope you have a good life.
As per the removal of the design team CubeCraft will now remove the Moderation team due to them costing CubeCraft the same amount of extra money - nothing.
Reesle wrote on Tommy Boi's profile.
Congrats on 300 reaction score!!
Top Bottom