Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

JackJ0nes

Mar 25, 2020
United Kingdom
I have a suggestion to an issue that URGENTLY needs to be addressed.

The Problem? Don't deny it, there's a MASSIVE exploit / hack problem on Cubecraft, especially Skywars. We NEED staff online 24/7 to ensure that any exploiters are solved.

Why? Well, it's necessary - during the unprecedented season of Covid-19, there's been an influx in new players to the server. Whilst this is absolutely amazing, it seems the current staffing levels are unable to keep up with reports of hackers, since in game reports expire before they're solved and exploiters who fly and bhop, anti-kb etc get away with no punishment.

Solution? Therefor, we need a DEDICATED team to stop exploiters / hackers, not just the regular moderation team since there's not enough of them to solve this issue alone. A dedicated team would hire volunteers from different timezone and punish / have unlimited reports to stop the problem of hackers. I play this server a lot, especially Skywars, I ensure that any exploiters are reported as I do with one day to join the Helper team; I reach the report limit (3) continuously due to inaction of the moderation team; I then proceed to be told to report WITH EVIDENCE on the report site (https://reports.cubecraft.net/report) only for them to BE DECLINED because I use LabyMod launcher, even though there's CLEAR video evidence.

I am NOT criticising the moderation team, they're AMAZING at what they do, keep it up. But we MUST have new staff to deal with this growing problem, it's an issue only getting worse with sometimes 2+ exploiters in a single game!

I rest my case; I am open to any questions about structure of this team and so forth in the reply's of this thread. Feel free to ask away!

Best regards,
Jack.

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
You gotta consider that they kind of already do exactly that,

they are volunteers,

and they are looking for an anticheat dev.

"only for them to BE DECLINED because I use LabyMod launcher, even though there's CLEAR video evidence."
because evidence can be faked on labymod.

A dedicated team sounds okay, but that's sort of what the current moderators are for, they review reports when they need to, though maybe a little more.

+1 and -1, don't use labymod if you are getting so many hackers. What I do is use replay mod, and I believe that evidence on replay mod is unable to be faked as you can't change names in there with labymod?

So possibly, use replay mod in combination, and record with that.

JackJ0nes

Mar 25, 2020
United Kingdom
I understand they're volunteers, I once again said I wasn't criticising them, I respect them highly. I simply tried to imply they need to hire more to reduce stress on the current and increase efficiency.
Hire more volunteers, temporarily during the influx for example, then offer to keep on a set few after this dies down, like a temporary job in theory, without the pay but the enjoyment of making the server better for all.

I understand they're looking for a new anti-cheat dev; yes that takes time, but in the mean time, as a temporary solution, this could be it.

"don't use labymod" easier said then done, I prefer Laby due to some of its features, most notably to see the HP of others in Skywars and PVP. I do not know how to fake evidence with it; instead of denying it, when it's a blatant hack / exploit, it should be considered legit. There would simply be no appeal from a real hacker / exploiter since they know they're in the wrong, and the off chance of faked evidence, any questions to it the appeal could be accepted.

*I do not know how to use combination of mods.

;I appreciate the reply. Many thanks,
Jack.

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
I understand they're volunteers, I once again said I wasn't criticising them, I respect them highly. I simply tried to imply they need to hire more to reduce stress on the current and increase efficiency.
Jack.

They hire whoever applies and is qualified, so there's not much else they can do.

"don't use labymod" easier said then done, I prefer Laby due to some of its features, most notably to see the HP of others in Skywars and PVP. I do not know how to fake evidence with it; instead of denying it, when it's a blatant hack / exploit, it should be considered legit.

Doesn't matter if you know how, other people do, and that's the reason it's not allowed. I also said you could combine the replay mod with laby, but I am not sure if that works. I would try it, though.

*I do not know how to use combination of mods.

There are plenty of online tutorials, and all you usually need to do is open the mods folder and insert the .jar file.

There would simply be no appeal from a real hacker / exploiter since they know they're in the wrong, and the off chance of faked evidence, any questions to it the appeal could be accepted.

That requires more work on the staff team's side, they usually take 5 mins per report, and having to turn it into 10, 20, or more for each laby report severely lowers the already slow speed.

D

Deleted member 59979

Hiring staff isn't that easy lmao.Where are the new people supposed to come from? The people might as well apply for helper rather than a specific team to ban hackers. You cant just pull out a team of volunteers from the middle of nowhere and get them to ban hackers.

They're trying their best to find staff candidates to ban hackers but it's impossible to just fill up the team with people instantly.

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Labymod reports are denied because in the past ther have been people abusing the feature to nick other people. Just switch to a version without Labymod. I've done the same and don't regret it, i can now report every rule breaker i see on the proper way (the report site). And when i report a hacker on the report site, either someone else beaten me to it, sentinel already banned them or a staff member sae them hacking or was doing /report. Switching to another version is not that bad, and if you want to become a helper someday then switch to a version without Labymod then you can show your determernation towards being a helper.

JackJ0nes

Mar 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Hiring staff isn't that easy lmao.Where are the new people supposed to come from? The people might as well apply for helper rather than a specific team to ban hackers. You cant just pull out a team of volunteers from the middle of nowhere and get them to ban hackers.

They're trying their best to find staff candidates to ban hackers but it's impossible to just fill up the team with people instantly.

I understand your concerns with this idea. Thew new people would come from the current or unaccepted pile of previous applicants, or a separate position will be created where they will have to, similar to a helper, report themselves but then it is verified by a moderator or a senior helper for example to stop wrong punishments. Imagine it as a ranked user with UNLIMITED reports, or the trust to record a video using a launcher such as Laby and their report accepted rather than denied, and when the temporary placement is up (or during), if proven themselves worthy, promoted to the official helper role.

I once again understand your concerns, but as some one who had previously applied and knows is qualified enough for such a position, some of the reasons for a decline on an application are a little grey areas, some one who is qualified, understands the system and so forth should be given a trial period and so forth.

It's NOT going to be instant, but a recruitment drive and a small amount of training can easily build a capable team of 'Assistant Helpers' for a temporary period of time, and it it doesn't work out. Go from their, if you have any questions on how it would be set up, feel free to ask!

Best regards,
Jack.

Reactions: MeggalBozale

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
I understand your concerns with this idea. Thew new people would come from the current or unaccepted pile of previous applicants, or a separate position will be created where they will have to, similar to a helper, report themselves but then it is verified by a moderator or a senior helper for example to stop wrong punishments. Imagine it as a ranked user with UNLIMITED reports, or the trust to record a video using a launcher such as Laby and their report accepted rather than denied, and when the temporary placement is up (or during), if proven themselves worthy, promoted to the official helper role.

I once again understand your concerns, but as some one who had previously applied and knows is qualified enough for such a position, some of the reasons for a decline on an application are a little grey areas, some one who is qualified, understands the system and so forth should be given a trial period and so forth.

It's NOT going to be instant, but a recruitment drive and a small amount of training can easily build a capable team of 'Assistant Helpers' for a temporary period of time, and it it doesn't work out. Go from their, if you have any questions on how it would be set up, feel free to ask!

Best regards,
Jack.

Assistant helpers may as well just be regular people doing as much to report as we do, as helpers don't have kick or ban commands.

"I once again understand your concerns, but as some one who had previously applied and knows is qualified enough for such a position, some of the reasons for a decline on an application are a little grey areas, some one who is qualified, understands the system and so forth should be given a trial period and so forth."

The trial period is being a helper, which goes for a while before you become a mod.

"but a recruitment drive and a small amount of training"

I mean yeah they could advertise they need more people, but then you usually end up getting people with the wrong idea/intentions. The best people, which are the ones on the staff team, are the ones willing to take some time out of their day to submit reports and the like.

"where they will have to, similar to a helper, report themselves but then it is verified by a moderator or a senior helper for example to stop wrong punishments. "
That's exactly what people do on https://reports.cubecraft.net/report

tl;dr helpers are the trial position and you just described a helper

JackJ0nes

Mar 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Labymod reports are denied because in the past ther have been people abusing the feature to nick other people. Just switch to a version without Labymod. I've done the same and don't regret it, i can now report every rule breaker i see on the proper way (the report site). And when i report a hacker on the report site, either someone else beaten me to it, sentinel already banned them or a staff member sae them hacking or was doing /report. Switching to another version is not that bad, and if you want to become a helper someday then switch to a version without Labymod then you can show your determernation towards being a helper.

I'll look into it, I understand peoples reports can be faked (although I do not know enough about it). Any suggestions for launchers?

Regards,
Jack.

JackJ0nes

Mar 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Assistant helpers may as well just be regular people doing as much to report as we do, as helpers don't have kick or ban commands.

"I once again understand your concerns, but as some one who had previously applied and knows is qualified enough for such a position, some of the reasons for a decline on an application are a little grey areas, some one who is qualified, understands the system and so forth should be given a trial period and so forth."

The trial period is being a helper, which goes for a while before you become a mod.

"but a recruitment drive and a small amount of training"

I mean yeah they could advertise they need more people, but then you usually end up getting people with the wrong idea/intentions. The best people, which are the ones on the staff team, are the ones willing to take some time out of their day to submit reports and the like.

"where they will have to, similar to a helper, report themselves but then it is verified by a moderator or a senior helper for example to stop wrong punishments. "
That's exactly what people do on https://reports.cubecraft.net/report

tl;dr helpers are the trial position and you just described a helper

Yet, we don't have enough and I am unsure why, and an Assistant Helper wouldn't be the same as a helper, they would simply just have unlimited reports rather than a set 3 at a time since that's not enough for those with different clients, slow internet connections putting people off uploading videos, no YT channel, etc. There's a multitude of reasons this role could help out; yet I do see your point, but not everyone can upload reports and so forth.

-Regards
Jack

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll look into it, I understand peoples reports can be faked (although I do not know enough about it). Any suggestions for launchers?

Regards,
Jack.
Do you know Labychat? Well you can edit someone name in there, and then it shows a yellow pencil next to theire name so you know it is a edited one, but there are versions out there that have not that yellow pencil and thus you can create false reports.

Just nick your friend to someone you hate and let them swear. Or you report someone swearing but your friend also swears, edit their name and staff can't know who said that

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Yet, we don't have enough and I am unsure why, and an Assistant Helper wouldn't be the same as a helper, they would simply just have unlimited reports rather than a set 3 at a time since that's not enough for those with different clients, slow internet connections putting people off uploading videos, no YT channel, etc. There's a multitude of reasons this role could help out; yet I do see your point, but not everyone can upload reports and so forth.

-Regards
Jack
/reports are limeted to 3 (iron-emerald) obsidian has 6 and plus unlimited) because they were abused in the past.

D

Deleted member 59979

Best regards,
Jack.
If people were denied from being helper there's a good reason, and they shouldn't be given permission to do things like this.

Plus as stated already, unlimited reports is just a plus member and many more permissions is just a helper.

Reactions: MrTommy

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017

Regards,
Jack.

Twitch is very helpful to make packs of mods, there are plenty of tutorials but if you want, I can make one too

JackJ0nes

Mar 25, 2020
United Kingdom
/reports are limeted to 3 (iron-emerald) obsidian has 6 and plus unlimited) because they were abused in the past.

Yes, that's the main reason i created this thread. I am only Iron rank, but I want to make sure I can report the players who deserve to be punished, it's the reason I bought the rank, However I cannot get obsidian due to my recent redundancy from work (thanks Covid-19).

I'm trying to help this way, that's why if this was to happen there would be unlimited report access for the Assistant helper, etc. If you get the direction I'm going?

Regards,
Jack.

JackJ0nes

Mar 25, 2020
United Kingdom
If people were denied from being helper there's a good reason, and they shouldn't be given permission to do things like this.

Plus as stated already, unlimited reports is just a plus member and many more permissions is just a helper.

Usually, as per my reason, was lack of experience mainly; how else am I meant to gain experience as such, I report all the time and so forth for example. This would be a gateway trial, whilst temporary, to give the chance to apply for full position later on whilst still helping out.

Regards,
Jack.

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, that's the main reason i created this thread. I am only Iron rank, but I want to make sure I can report the players who deserve to be punished, it's the reason I bought the rank, However I cannot get obsidian due to my recent redundancy from work (thanks Covid-19).

I'm trying to help this way, that's why if this was to happen there would be unlimited report access for the Assistant helper, etc. If you get the direction I'm going?

Regards,
Jack.
Plus is a montly subscription, on the short term you can make more reports, but on the long term is obsidian rank better money and other feature wise better

JackJ0nes

Mar 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Plus is a montly subscription, on the short term you can make more reports, but on the long term is obsidian rank better money and other feature wise better

Secondary reason this was created for those who unfortunately cannot afford to purcahse / support the server from an economical standpoint, however that's not the main reason of this thread.

I understand there's better ways to access reports, and it was done as a 'premium feature' to stop mass false reporting, etc.

Regards,
Jack.

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Is the damage indectator important for you in your fights? Because if you can pvp without that try another mod/client and start making reports with that.

And it is really hard for cubecraft to find trustable, reliable and people who want to take their time for Cubecraft and make it a better server. A short term option is not enough. Just record and report them and then there is a 100% chance they get banned, and if your report is denied because the hacker is already punisht, that wont affect your changes on a helper application.

I myself don't use /report all that often, i have a recording of them and report them on the report site. I know they will get punisht if i report there. A /report automatically closes after 1 hour if a staff member has not got to your report.

And another tip on /report, if you were right and they are banned, then that /report will be given back to you. If the player was innocent, the report could not verify or it was automatically closed then that report is taken away for that day

Reactions: JackJ0nes
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday
Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom