Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Agree?

• Yes

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • Partially

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • No, 200 Bucks is cheap for a leather armour!

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

Soeshi

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2016
The Netherlands.
Flashy yah so! But you do have to remember that there are many people who have normal prices paid which is annoying for those including myself.

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
I would never spend 200 euros on a rank (not even a game) for a server that I'll probably leave in a year knowing that I can buy a pre-owned or a new PS3 with a game or two for the same price. Just sayin'
Minecraft costs 20 euros. And a rank on a MINECRAFT server costs 200 euros. SMH
But you're Obsidian?!?

DopeRider

Jan 24, 2015
I'm broke now, but writing is cheap, I'll take a shot.

First, please save the donation talk for more innocent ears. If I could, I would buy a rank just to help the server, because it's a community model I'm familiar with. But for most people it's not a donation, it's just something they buy. If you're curious, ask a lawyer what courts think about "I donate you this and you donate me that", or better try telling the government you don't pay sale taxes because it's just a "two way donation".

The disgraceful EULA let everybody juggling with words and being hypocritical more often than usual. Servers like Cubecraft are business. That's nothing bad, on the contrary. I dare to say that if it were more like a business, it would work better for users.

Second, I don't feel it's wise to tell a company what their prices should be. That's only sensible if you know the sales numbers, that they use to keep to themselves. If they're doing well as they are now, they will keep the prices high no matter what you tell them. That's not to say that their price structure is optimal. You might very well be right and they're failing spectacularly, but that's just a shot in the dark.

The only generic advice I would give is to have also cheap ranks, so they can cover more of the market. Are ranks for life? Give the chance to buy some ranks only for a few months. But anyway, it's just an idea.

Third, even if I won't criticize much the prices, I do think that something's not right. As you said in the linked post, fixes take forever. The funny thing is in a "normal" company they way to solve this is to pay more programmers. For that you need more money so you must... raise the prices! Or maybe divert the resources you're employing in something else. I've been playing here mostly because of Super Craft Bros, a game that's currently broken. But I see on the front page that there are new maps and new games.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
For me, I wouldn't even call it a donation, it's a purchase. You pay them money for a product/service in return, in this case, specific perks in game.
I think that the prices are fine (I live in the U.S), considering that Iron is a mere 15$. If someone has the money to buy a laptop and purchase Minecraft, I think that they could manage to pull together 15$ if they wanted premium that badly. Since the EULA has made it so that premium ranks don't actually affect gameplay, I think that these prices are reasonable. Most of the perks are aesthetic anyways.

Of course, I won my premium from a giveaway, so I really can't talk.
But these are my thoughts, if anyone wants to take the time to read them.

DopeRider

Jan 24, 2015
I didn't know there was a $15 rank (my bad). OK, let's see if that double jump gets fixed :)

Cheez

Dedicated Member
Dec 23, 2015
Beyond The Wall
twitter.com
I would usually agree with you, had these ranks not been sold to thousands of users already. By lowering the prices they'd be devaluing the ranks that players currently have in their possession, which would without a doubt result in a negative response from those who have recently purchased a rank.

A better approach would be to implement new perks, as to justify the money that players have spent on these ranks, such as a /speed command in lobbies, or the addition of Elytra's for cosmetic use in the hub.
Agreed.

It's true the only real thing we would be able to do is provide more perks, wouldn't wanna scam people who've already bought ranks.

FapQueen

Dec 29, 2015
www.instagram.com
I'm alright with a donator price going down, maybe to the people being devalued they get a free uprank? So if you're Iron you move to Lapiz and that sort of things. Everyone gets what they want and no one feels like they've been scammed. Maybe Obsidian gets an Exclusive Gadget only they can get and/or minatures for free since they can't be upranked. Just my Thoughts :D

Reactions: HarryVanSunweb

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
I'm alright with a donator price going down, maybe to the people being devalued they get a free uprank? So if you're Iron you move to Lapiz and that sort of things. Everyone gets what they want and no one feels like they've been scammed. Maybe Obsidian gets an Exclusive Gadget only they can get and/or minatures for free since they can't be upranked. Just my Thoughts :D
Free miniatures <3

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I'm alright with a donator price going down, maybe to the people being devalued they get a free uprank? So if you're Iron you move to Lapiz and that sort of things. Everyone gets what they want and no one feels like they've been scammed.
Lol except for the server

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello peopleeee!! How are you doing today?
First status update in almost a month...

1713983348557.jpeg
0ananastime0 wrote on Dreamer's profile.
Bro plz spare me😢
xHappyMood wrote on SanCookie's profile.
it did not add up to 424 😔
legendaryfox977 wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy birthday deo!
Top Bottom