Status
Not open for further replies.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Hello everyone!

Recently I've seen the staffteam actually mutes for "insulting" (I don't call it like that.). But why is that called insulting? What's wrong with being a LGBT-person? My suggestion is simple: Stop muting for LGBT-''insulting''.

-Keanutjuhh

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Hello everyone!

Recently I've seen the staffteam actually mutes for "insulting" (I don't call it like that.). But why is that called insulting? What's wrong with being a LGBT-person? My suggestion is simple: Stop muting for LGBT-''insulting''.

-Keanutjuhh
If you mean terms like "gay", then it depends on the context. The word itself is fine, but if you're using it to offend people, then it's not allowed because you're intentionally upsetting people.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I don't think players are muted every time they say a word like "gay" or any other word with similar meaning. If someone were to say "I'm gay" then they wouldn't get muted because it's not insulting or offensive towards anyone. But if a player was calling someone else gay, then it could be seen as offensive or insulting to that player. We don't want to encourage those words being used in an offensive way on our server. Obviously context matters in each case, but players should just be getting muted if they are saying it in an offensive manner.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
I
I don't think players are muted every time they say a word like "gay" or any other word with similar meaning. If someone were to say "I'm gay" then they wouldn't get muted because it's not insulting or offensive towards anyone. But if a player was calling someone else gay, then it could be seen as offensive or insulting to that player. We don't want to encourage those words being used in an offensive way on our server. Obviously context matters in each case, but players should just be getting muted if they are saying it in an offensive manner.
Why is saying ''gay'' offending???

Reactions: Katsia Stray

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Oh so let's not call people straight 'cause we'll get muted! (Oh wait, that doesn't happen, ironic huh?)
Being gay cannot be concidered as an offense in any way, the people who try to insult people using the word "gay" or something of that nature are just not mature enough to understand.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I

Why is saying ''gay'' offending???

I didn't say saying the word "gay" is offensive. I said there are certain cases where a player can use it in an offensive way towards another player and that player may feel offended because it's being used in a
Oh so let's not call people straight 'cause we'll get muted! (Oh wait, that doesn't happen, ironic huh?)
Being gay cannot be concidered as an offense in any way, the people who try to insult people using the word "gay" or something of that nature are just not mature enough to understand.

I don't think you understood what I said. I mentioned the fact that people often use the word in an offensive way by saying "you're so gay" or variations of that, which is not something we want people saying. It may seem harmless but some may feel offended and it's unnecessary to call players "gay" for no reason. The reason we mute players for saying that is in many cases it is used in a way that I mentioned above (and @Gainfullterror said), not just talking about one's sexuality. Unless you have a reason to be talking about someone's sexuality, then it's most likely being used offensively towards another player which is not something we want.

L

Lightning McQueen

If you use the term "gay" to insult someone it means you find something wrong with being gay. Using the term gay as an insult therefore means you are homophobic. Not the sort of people that are wanted on the server
No some people use it for memes

L

Lightning McQueen

Using gay as an insult is a rly low blow, especially in 2018, so that would be low aswell.
My morals are, if people are offended by something, use it as an insult. Most people who call out “gay looool” are not against gay people at all, they’re just trying to trigger u.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
My morals are, if people are offended by something, use it as an insult. Most people who call out “gay looool” are not against gay people at all, they’re just trying to trigger u.
Here's a video of the equivalent of using gay as an insult.

L

Lightning McQueen

Here's a video of the equivalent of using gay as an insult.
Look I make creative intellectual insUlts calling someone gay is dumb. Its basically like “u lik pink u r a gurl lllool” in preschool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Top Bottom