Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A pigeon

Just censor the names , do not ban for them its ridiculous. I'm not talkinh about forums I'm talking ingame. Bye.

Reactions: Demosiz

hub3rt

Feb 3, 2017
Sadly we have a duty to protect our community, and there are stricter rules in place due to agreements with people like Microsoft and the Better Together update! If people wish to join our server, an appropriate name is required.

I don't think this is a good solution. Honestly I don't think players would care if there name is only censored, they would probably not even take the time to change it. I have seen a lot of players with inappropriate names, I can already imagine all the players with a censored username I would see walking around. When you ban them, they will hopefully realize what they've done and actually change it. This is better for this server and they aren't going to cause any harm anymore to other servers too.
Also, I think this could get in the way of certain things. Imagine you're recording a hacker or any other kind of rulebreaker, how are you planning to report them if you can't even see their username? This problem could be fixed by adding a way to still see their actual username, but whats the point of censoring it then?
Honestly, I think it's fine as it is now.

A

A pigeon

Sadly we have a duty to protect our community, and there are stricter rules in place due to agreements with people like Microsoft and the Better Together update! If people wish to join our server, an appropriate name is required.
Still , how hard could it be to display their name as [censored] instead if banning them? I'm not talkinh about me. I was never banned in game for this.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
L

Lightning McQueen

You can be unbanned just by changing it
Simple as that
Why change it
If you are going to put something like Kys in your name you can't really just censor their name

It is
It takes three months

Edit one month i was thinking about tspace alts

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Also, I think this could get in the way of certain things. Imagine you're recording a hacker or any other kind of rulebreaker, how are you planning to report them if you can't even see their username? This problem could be fixed by adding a way to still see their actual username, but whats the point of censoring it then?
In theory they could also assign them unique fake names that are impossible to get as an actual username, such as "~Player684". But that would possibly encourage players to use inappropriate usernames since they know they won't be banned. Those usernames will be in the game until someone decides to report them and also cause some extra work for moderators.

I don't see any problem with banning obviously inappropriate names though. It's not a secret that they will get banned for that so it's their fault for doing it. If they break other rules they get punished as well. They are at most banned for a month until they can change the name. It sucks for players that might have accidentially chosen an username that they didn't know could be interpreted in an inappropriate way, maybe a word in another language. But really, how often will that happen?

It takes three months
Why does it take 3 months? As far as I know you can change your username every month, and I think you should be automatically unbanned immediately.

Reactions: CubeTale
L

Lightning McQueen

In theory they could also assign them unique fake names that are impossible to get as an actual username, such as "~Player684". But that would possibly encourage players to use inappropriate usernames since they know they won't be banned. Those usernames will be in the game until someone decides to report them and also cause some extra work for moderators.

I don't see any problem with banning obviously inappropriate names though. It's not a secret that they will get banned for it so it's their fault for doing it. If break other rules they get punished as well. They are at most banned for a month until they can change the name. It sucks for players they might accidentially chosen an username that they didn't know could be interpreted in an inappropriate way, maybe a word in another language. But really, how often will that happen?

Why does it take 3 months? As far as I know you can change your username every month, and I think you should be automatically unbanned immediately.
I edited it 5 seconds after posting

L

Lightning McQueen

Well even that being are there really chances of you being banned d immediately after changing your name?
Not really
Yeah you just gotta hide from them mods ninja style

Unfortunately I see this one mod every single time I open up cubecraft . However due to my stone rank I wont be spotted.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Still , how hard could it be to display their name as [censored] instead if banning them? I'm not talkinh about me. I was never banned in game for this.
Probably not hard but if the player is breaking a rule that sentinel cant catch, how can you report when the names not visible?
stricter rules in place due to agreements with people like Microsoft and the Better Together update!
this makes no sense at all, i know the xbox community, and knowing what their like your better together server will be emptier than the abandoned amusement park in skylands, just because of the suppposed 'appropriate username' rule nobody will want to spend 10-20 currency just to change a name

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Probably not hard but if the player is breaking a rule that sentinel cant catch, how can you report when the names not visible?
That could be fixed by assigning them a fake name, for example ~Player followed by a unique number. Then you could report them with that fake name and the report system would look up the actual player behing that name. Still not worth the trouble for the current server, people should just chose their minecraft names accordingly.
this makes no sense at all, i know the xbox community, and knowing what their like your better together server will be emptier than the abandoned amusement park in skylands, just because of the suppposed 'appropriate username' rule nobody will want to spend 10-20 currency just to change a name
That's a good point. I don't have an xbox and I have never played the real Minecraft, only Minecraft: Java Edition. Will they be forced to play using the same name as in other xbox games? I could really see that preventing many poeple from playing on this server.

Reactions: A pigeon

Demosiz

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2017
Earth
Ban them bad words is not allowed on cubecraft right?

L

Lightning McQueen

That's assuming CCG Better Together wont fail big time.

D

Deleted member 169486

Why is this thread still open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pluisje wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
❤️❤️❤️
Pluisje wrote on Frontlane's profile.
pro helper??!?!?!
Pluisje wrote on caraMel's profile.
I really like cheese, do you?
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #52-
The minecraft music disc 11 lasts for 1 minute, 11 seconds and 111 milliseconds!
It was hard writing this on a tv (yes, I sometimes write facts on a tv lol).
Basketman wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom