Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
eh. This is kinda turning into factions.

Honestly, it's really hard to make a survival server if you're gonna include the fact that no one can grief you nor kill you without having factions.
How about we start a faction server in cc?

There are no 1.13 faction servers out there. The only faction server that's not 1.8 that I know, is 1.10.2, and it's a p2w server as well.

Factions: You can start a faction wherever you'd like. You can claim up to only 8 chunks, with /f claim o, and you need to invite more members into your faction to get more land. Each new recruit is +8 chunks, the maximum should be 200 chunks; 25 members.

Shops: Some special shops with a warp to them, to buy and sell stuff.

Personal chests: add a plugin that let's you "lock" your chests (or even doors) with a sign.
https://i.imgur.com/ZtT8Mah.png

Safe zone: a really huge area, with beautiful builds (kinda like when in a lobby,) and a safe zone bridge that goes a long way around "Wilderness".

Wilderness: You can loot, and destroy anything you want. You can also claim it, so you can be able to build.

Staff (and/or ranked players) should have access to /lb tool when reporting inappropriate/laggy builds (this is a non faction server idea)

There should also be /trade, to reduce scamming as much as we can. (if a player refuses to use /trade, it's 99% a scam.)

what else can we suggest here

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant

Honestly, it's really hard to make a survival server if you're gonna include the fact that no one can grief you nor kill you without having factions.

There are no 1.13 faction servers out there. The only faction server that's not 1.8 that I know, is 1.10.2, and it's a p2w server as well.

Factions: You can start a faction wherever you'd like. You can claim up to only 8 chunks, with /f claim o, and you need to invite more members into your faction to get more land. Each new recruit is +8 chunks, the maximum should be 200 chunks; 25 members.

Personal chests: add a plugin that let's you "lock" your chests (or even doors) with a sign.

Safe zone: a really huge area, with beautiful builds (kinda like when in a lobby,) and a safe zone bridge that goes a long way around "Wilderness".

Wilderness: You can loot, and destroy anything you want. You can also claim it, so you can be able to build.

Staff (and/or ranked players) should have access to /lb tool when reporting inappropriate/laggy builds (this is a non faction server idea)

There should also be /trade, to reduce scamming as much as we can. (if a player refuses to use /trade, it's 99% a scam.)

@CommunistCactus I support factions but never ask a large server for survival, all they can do is commercialize it with vanity, add crappy plugins etc.

StanEXE

Jun 18, 2016

A faction server on Cubecraft would be amazing.
@CommunistCactus I support factions but never ask a large server for survival, all they can do is commercialize it with vanity, add crappy plugins etc.
I agree with this. I play on a different survival server that is filled with cosmetic items and half of the plugins do not work.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I can't think of a big 2000+ player server that's had survival before
Well yes that's kinda the point
I think it would be better if cubecraft would focus on their pvp (statistically the gamemode with the most suggestions on the forums) and become the centre of 1.13 pvp instead.
It already is. See how that is working out.

survival is something hypixel doesn't have. This is something else from the ordinary and repetitive games we've all gotten used to. (It'll also help to strengthen that community feelin').

We already have 2 diff servers for survival
If you mean TGN, it has a corrupt mod team, is dead, and doesn't want to update to 1.13
Also you can't compare cobvigs server to cubecraft.

As for the whole griefprotection and claiming stuff:

All chests, furnaces etc are automatically private but can be shared with other people using a command. Land is claimed by building on it. Placing a block will claim the surrounding area by 4 blocks in each direction.

Why this is better than other claiming systems: When you build something it will automatically get claimed. You can't forget to claim something. It doesn't claim the entire y-axis like most claim plugins do, so players can still mine underneath your base or travel above your base with a flying machine or a skybridge. It makes sure that the claimed land is actually used for something instead of just wasting space.

Also @Orca you can't both be pro faction but also complain about plugins in the same sentence.

As for factions: No, This is survival. If you want factions make a different suggestion.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
As for factions: No, This is survival. If you want factions make a different suggestion.

The thing is, I fail to see how a survival world would work out if you don't want griefing in it. Factions is basically exactly the same as survival, except you can claim land and prevent griefing. If you really want it 100% vanilla, with a thousand player playing it, I just can't see how it'll work out unless griefing is allowed.

And let me tell you: Griefing should never be allowed. It'll make many players want to quit because someone can just grief all their hard work and it'd not make it much fun at all.

If you can find a way to prevent griefing, then I won't make a faction suggestion, because the only purpose I have for a factions server is so people can't grief.

Reactions: wbgamer and Cutee

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
The thing is, I fail to see how a survival world would work out if you don't want griefing in it. Factions is basically exactly the same as survival, except you can claim land and prevent griefing. If you really want it 100% vanilla, with a thousand player playing it, I just can't see how it'll work out unless griefing is allowed.

And let me tell you: Griefing should never be allowed. It'll make many players want to quit because someone can just grief all their hard work and it'd not make it much fun at all.

If you can find a way to prevent griefing, then I won't make a faction suggestion, because the only purpose I have for a factions server is so people can't grief.
You know a key part of factions is war, overclaiming and griefing right?

+I already mentioned grief prevention:
As for the whole griefprotection and claiming stuff:

All chests, furnaces etc are automatically private but can be shared with other people using a command. Land is claimed by building on it. Placing a block will claim the surrounding area by 4 blocks in each direction.

Why this is better than other claiming systems: When you build something it will automatically get claimed. You can't forget to claim something. It doesn't claim the entire y-axis like most claim plugins do, so players can still mine underneath your base or travel above your base with a flying machine or a skybridge. It makes sure that the claimed land is actually used for something instead of just wasting space.

Reactions: TheBrownster

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
You know a key part of factions is war, overclaiming and griefing right?
No, not at all. There are few servers that don't allow griefing nor wars. Just because most factions allow griefing doesn't mean that all factions do. There's this very friendly faction server I've been playing on for the past 2 years: griefing is strictly not allowed, and anyone who steals, scams, griefs anything, will get banned.

Edit: Killing players outside of PvP world (nether) is also not allowed and will lead to a ban.

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
No, not at all. There are few servers that don't allow griefing nor wars. Just because most factions allow griefing doesn't mean that all factions do. There's this very friendly faction server I've been playing on for the past 2 years: griefing is strictly not allowed, and anyone who steals, scams, griefs anything, will get banned.

Edit: Killing players outside of PvP world (nether) is also not allowed and will lead to a ban.
That is not factions then thats survival but bad

Reactions: CommunistCactus

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Well yes that's kinda the point

It already is. See how that is working out.
wtf no theyre doing the opposite of that
right now they're a battlezone, beachball collecting, map creating server who last added something meaningful to pvp in summer 2016 (when surprise surprise the player count increased)
maybe survival will boost the player count but pvp is where its at

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
is still pvp

maps for pvp gamemodes still

Anyway I already suggested ranked pvp like 4 times by now but surprise surprise cube doesn't listen. Who would've thought.
then why do you think the management team who think /duel is too hard to implement are gonna add survival which is harder for them to make

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
Can you random warp or do you need to travel to a place from spawn?
Tnt enabled?
pvp area?
Spawn protection within a 32 chunk? (No half broken tree's or random plot claims with lava and stuff)
Clans?
Player roles? (Able to give player a tag/role (that you see when you hover over his/her name) like "Miner", "Builder", "Redstone Guy")
keep inventory? (i like the bingo death chest that you lose some stuff but not all. and its protected, so no other player can grab it)
Redstone? If yes... What is the limit?
Silk touch the spawners?

So you can trade the same block for the special block. example:
i have a wood block (1)
i can do something like /special and i see a menu that i can select to change my block. I want to change my wood block to the all textured wood block.
my block gets taken and i get 1 all textured wood block
images

Blocks like this can improve building and creativity

More on the original thread, how much vanilla do you want it to be? I suggest /trade (to reduce scamming).
As long as there is no modded currency involved, sure. So it'd just be barter.

And how would ranks perks work?
no idea yet but im sure there's all kinds of cosmetics that can be made. Maybe have a rank-only or plusmember-only world or something, idk.

Are there any kits?
No.

Is there a general shop?
No.

Tryharder-free?
Guaranteed*

Private chests?
Yes

Maybe that you can transfer your cosmetic stuff. More details:
shields = iron+
win effects (when you mine a diamond or defeat the ender dragon) = lapiz+
arrow trails = gold+
trails = diamond+
miniatures = emerald+
gadgets (not the ones that changes the world like sand castle) = obsidian+
Claimed land becomes unclaimed land after 1 month of inactivity?

Dont let this thread die pls ;-;

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Can you random warp or do you need to travel to a place from spawn?
Random warp would be better I think, everyone close to spawn would be too crowded.
Tnt enabled?
In your own claimed area yes
pvp area?
maybe
Spawn protection within a 32 chunk? (No half broken tree's or random plot claims with lava and stuff)
300 blocks is enough
hell no
Player roles? (Able to give player a tag/role (that you see when you hover over his/her name) like "Miner", "Builder", "Redstone Guy")
hell no
keep inventory?
hell no
Redstone? If yes... What is the limit?
Yes no limit. If someone is deliberately creating lag a mod can take a look at it.
Silk touch the spawners?
hell no.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
I love the idea of a constantly-running server, but I don't think survival is the way to go. I don't wanna build a nice house just for a bunch of random kids to come beg for diamonds and kill my animals. Also, survival servers all turn out the same way: pretty spawn, 200 blocks or so of safezone, then APOCALYPSE. No trees, the land is scarred beyond recognition, ugly dirt houses and towers everywhere, inexplicable nether portals floating in the sky, and no animals for 1000 blocks.

If we could somehow keep unwanted players off of your property or just make sure they're not a nuisance, I'd be all for it. I'd love something more in the vein of Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley, where there's a public town/play area, but everyone has their own farm/house that they can return to and work on. Skyblock did this well by letting players only build on their own, private islands. No one cares if you mess up your own island.

Survival servers are really not very fun when you have to deal with a bunch of random people destroying everything and being a bother. I understand you want anti-grief measures, but in my experience, players don't just destroy houses; they destroy the entire landscape. I don't want to play on a server where everything's torn up and disgusting-looking, no matter how many cool 1.13 features we throw at the player.

tl;dr: love the idea, hate the execution.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Top Bottom