Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
TACSBEFRANDS.PNG

Staff Spotlight Edition #1
rsz_1textseparator-jpg.124536

Hello everybody, and welcome back to another Staff Spotlight! You may be confused as to why this will be going live on a Thursday, not a Friday. I've changed the schedule a bit, so that every week a staff spotlight will be posted on Thursday and Friday. This week, we'll be interviewing one of the longest-serving staff members, Tacosbefriends! Tacosbefriends is currently an Administrator on CubeCraft Games.
Question #1 | Hello, how are you doing today?
Tacosbefriends | I'm doing well, thank you! Well, other than the inescapable sense of impending doom looming over me every day. But I'm doing well!

Question #2 | How long have you been a staff member on CubeCraft?
Tacosbefriends | Y'know, I'm honestly not sure. I could probably look through staff files and chat logs to find the very first mention of my name, but I think I've been around for 2-3 years at this point.

Question #3 | How did you discover CubeCraft?
Tacosbefriends | A friend of mine from many years ago wanted to play Survival Games with me, and introduced me to the server. It was fun, and I decided to stick around for Skyblock and Spleef.

Question #4 | What is one of your most fondly remembered moments on here?
Tacosbefriends | In days of old, the Cubecraft staff used a Skype chat group to communicate, and when I was brought on to the team, everyone was so ecstatically nice and welcoming to me. I later found out that a ton of staff hated me because all I did was post memes, but after getting to know them, there's not a single member of staff that I don't consider a friend.

Question #5 | What is a day like in your shoes as an Administrator on such a large server?
Tacosbefriends | Mostly spamming other staff with memes and pictures of animals I find cute. Sometimes I do reports, look through helper apps, or assist in creative work like writing achievements or coming up with ideas for minis and other updates, but it's mostly the memes and cute cat pictures.

Question #6 | What is your favourite part of being an established staff member on CubeCraft?
Tacosbefriends | Banning players who make fun of my mom.

No, but seriously, it's probably goofing off during staff games and testing. I love being in a TeamSpeak channel with a ton of my friends, just having fun and playing games. This has to be the best job I've ever had.

Question #7 | What changes/additions do you think should be implemented to the network?

Tacosbefriends | I've suggested over 30 minigames, 4 gadgets, and too many tweaks to current games to count. If I had to pick one, it would be more emphasis on fun lobby stuff, like gadgets, or perhaps the ability to use your vanity items on the creative server.

Question #8 | Do you have any goals for the rest of the year on the staff team, if any (e.g becoming an mlg pro, creating a new game, becoming Owner [#TacosForOwner?]
Tacosbefriends | I'm currently working on some super secret projects planned for release some time next year (hopefully), and I'd like to have my part done before this year so that we can start work on it fresh next year. Hype!

Question #9 | What is your favourite gamemode/minigame on CubeCraft? Why is it your favourite?
Tacosbefriends | I think this changes depending on how salty I am. I usually play a lot of Duels and Survival Games, but once you start facing the same people repeatedly that just want the "glory" of killing an admin, it kind of kills the fun for me. At that point, I switch to less intense games, like Blockwars and Spleef. UHC and Skyblock used to be my favorites, but they're still under maintenance. I like UHC because I get to employ a lot of my survival/vanilla Minecraft knowledge and think outside the box when it comes to combat rather than just using one or two weapons like other games. Skyblock is chill and I can farm points.

Question #10 | There are hundreds of aspiring helpers out there. Do you have any advice for them?
Tacosbefriends | Don't aspire to be a helper; you are setting yourself up for failure. You should aspire to be a good member of the community who is helpful, polite, and mature, and is someone that we see as a good and responsible role model. Become that, and we will be much more inclined to give you an interview. And trust me, we can practically smell it on you when you're only doing reports/helping players to become a helper. Applying for helper should be an afterthought; it should be something that you say "Huh. Might as well." to once you've been around for several months or have a good reputation in the community.

Also, speaking foreign languages is pretty helpful.

Question #11 | Is there anything else you would like to say to the community?
Tacosbefriends | Please like, comment, and subscribe for more epic MLG montages and my upcoming let's play of My Little Pony: Pinkie Pie's Party for the Nintendo DS. Peace out, cub scouts. You too!

Thank you so much for reading!
~Commissioned​

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I love these staff spotlights. They really give you insight into what the staff are really like, in case you've never met any of them like me! Keep up the great work Commissioned! : D

Who can hate an admin that dedicates themselves to tacos & memes? Not me xD

Reactions: Commissioned
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Just met my number 1 fan irl
1714596148741259329038294634727.jpg
Top Bottom