Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

foomini

Okay so I think this is the best category I could put this thread in, but since the staff requirements (at least Helper and Translator) require you to be able to verbally communicate on Discord, I was wondering... how do you guys deal with applying people who have selective mutism, are fully mute or have any other disorder that keeps them from communicating verbally like usual?

Do you reject them outright (which gives you very bad PR and shows how truly open you are) or do you find an alternative solution? (like allow them to use text only or in some cases use sign language)?

This got me wondering and may possibly open a suggestion to make the staff positions more accessible to others (I know not many players probably are mute one way or another, let alone possible staff. I just wonder how do you deal with these situations, as you can't just undo a condition.)

Reactions: NadineCraftPE

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
This has been discussed before within the recruitment team and the answer was: we’ll see when we get there. We have never had an application stating that they had a disorder that does not allow them to communicate trough voice. The recruitment team would likely find a solution for it, since denying people with a disability would not be fair

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
Top Bottom