Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I think you should add staff applications, you have to get to know people before they are staff, Maybe they are different from what they seem, hypixel does this and they have some nice staff.
I just think this would be more productive.
:)

allstarninja

Apr 17, 2014
www.google.co.uk
I know where you're coming from, it would increase productivity. However reading and reviewing the applications would take up a lot of time. Time that could be used more productively (Reviewing reports, moderating the server, etc.). So overall I'm not sure.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I know where you're coming from, it would increase productivity. However reading and reviewing the applications would take up a lot of time. Time that could be used more productively (Reviewing reports, moderating the server, etc.). So overall I'm not sure.
It would take longer, but increase quality and trust in staff.

TheAdventurerMM

Dedicated Member
Mar 29, 2014
the Netherlands
Uhmm, the staff is awesome on this server, because they get chosen by the owner, and the owner wouldn't choose them if they weren't good for the job, the owner trusts them so they are good, there is no need to apply for it because the whole server would apply... Not a good idea to my opinion

allstarninja

Apr 17, 2014
www.google.co.uk
Uhmm, the staff is awesome on this server, because they get chosen by the owner, and the owner wouldn't choose them if they weren't good for the job, the owner trusts them so they are good, there is no need to apply for it because the whole server would apply... Not a good idea to my opinion
I agree an application system would waste time and only achieve the same results.

cocai

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2013
dubai
They should add this, and see how it turns out. If staff apps aren't a good idea, then they could just stop it at anytime. And if it turns out to be successful, they should keep it.

LaserDolphin77

Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2013
Imagine the spam. The staff can't possibly get to every application. In-game decisions are so much better, because A) you can see what they actually interact with random players like, and B) so much more work has to be put in to show true dedication. In applications, they only have to think, not really doing anything for the benefit of the Head-Admin's decision of who will be a moderator or not.

Reactions: BlueMoon475

allstarninja

Apr 17, 2014
www.google.co.uk
Imagine the spam. The staff can't possibly get to every application. In-game decisions are so much better, because A) you can see what they actually interact with random players like, and B) so much more work has to be put in to show true dedication. In applications, they only have to think, not really doing anything for the benefit of the Head-Admin's decision of who will be a moderator or not.

I agree, as I said using an application system would achieve the same as the current system. But would take a lot more attention and time.

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
People can easily lie in appeals. People can turn out to be completely different to what they say they're like. It increases the quality of staff if we judge them on how they usually act and how they would do overall, not on how well they can write an application, as writing applications isn't a skill needed to be moderator, some really good mods may not be good at writing applications, but they could be a good mod. Also, some of the best mods are the ones who never thought of themselves ever getting mod. Skills that is needed is knowing the rules, being able to deal with player, being active and many more, isn't it better if we judge them on how they usually do these things and how they would do these things if they were mod rather than judging them on how well they say they can do it? People often think too little or too much of themselves, people who think too little may think they don't deserve mod, even if they would make a great one. Then there's the people who think too much of themselves that may be put down by a rejection of a mod app, and may rage and cause problems, creating multiple mod applications and spamming. Also, imagine how much work it would create. I do enough comparing and contrasting of written pieces in school, I don't need to have to compare and contrast multiple extremely long mod applications. Then there's the people who may be too shy to apply, who would make good mods. Also, people don't tend to state their flaws in applications, but if we judge them on how they usually act we have a better view of how good of a mod they would be. I say no to this idea, the system is fine as it is in my opinion.

MorganPlayzMc

Forum Expert
Dec 28, 2013
England
People can easily lie in appeals. People can turn out to be completely different to what they say they're like. It increases the quality of staff if we judge them on how they usually act and how they would do overall, not on how well they can write an application, as writing applications isn't a skill needed to be moderator, some really good mods may not be good at writing applications, but they could be a good mod. Also, some of the best mods are the ones who never thought of themselves ever getting mod. Skills that is needed is knowing the rules, being able to deal with player, being active and many more, isn't it better if we judge them on how they usually do these things and how they would do these things if they were mod rather than judging them on how well they say they can do it? People often think too little or too much of themselves, people who think too little may think they don't deserve mod, even if they would make a great one. Then there's the people who think too much of themselves that may be put down by a rejection of a mod app, and may rage and cause problems, creating multiple mod applications and spamming. Also, imagine how much work it would create. I do enough comparing and contrasting of written pieces in school, I don't need to have to compare and contrast multiple extremely long mod applications. Then there's the people who may be too shy to apply, who would make good mods. Also, people don't tend to state their flaws in applications, but if we judge them on how they usually act we have a better view of how good of a mod they would be. I say no to this idea, the system is fine as it is in my opinion.
Let the likes come in! Also, well said Awen.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Here is how i would see this going...
Hacker: Hmm, lets make an application for staff - I am a hacke- i mean a very trusted player and everyone loves me i am very helpful. (gets made mod because the staff have no way of clarifying whether he is actually a good choice for the part)
Noob: Hmm, lets make an application for staff - I wont 2 be the very b3st, liek no1 ever wos. To be a mod is ma real t3st, to own dem is ma cause.
Banned person: Hmm, lets make an application for staff - You stewpid modz banned me 4 kill aura when i dont no what that is wooooow!!!!111111

Hopefully you see my point XD
As shown above, the staff would have to read troll comments, hate comments from those banned and people that lie. Staff is picked depending on how likely they are to fit the job. This will be abused. It would get out of hand. Almost every player on CCG would apply for staff and the staff wouldn't even bother reading them due to the mass spam. I vote no.
Just my opinion =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom