Not open for further replies.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
Heyy,

As for now, the waiting lobbies are quite boring. It's an island in the sky, with some parkours. When I join a team game and have to for it to fill up, I'm just walking around and being bored. So I want to spice it up a bit, to make the waiting more interesting. Next to that, I want it to be a bit easier. So I'm suggesting to add some thing that will make the waiting lobbies less boring and some actions a bit easier.

Cosmetics
Using cosmetics, like gadgets in the waiting lobby would make it way more fun. There's a lot more you can do then, while waiting for the game to start. So I think it would be cool if you can use the loot menu in the waiting lobby. This would also add a possibility to change your cage or shield while waiting for a game.

Flying
Players with an Emerald or Obsidian rank are able to fly in the main lobby. But I think that this should also be able in the waiting lobbies. It would allow players to get on some cool spots and it is something extra for the players that paid for this rank.

Resource packs
Before playin Lucky island, you get a menu that asks you if you want to download a resource pack. But when you're in a party, only the party owner gets to see this menu. When they join a game, there is a possibility that the other players in the party didn't instal the resource pack. So there should be an option to download it while waiting the lobby. This would be much easier then leaving the game, and instal the resource pack in the main lobby.

/shop
This is a simple feature, it opens the ingame shop. If this is possible in the waiting lobbies, you can buy kits and abilities while waiting for the game to start. This makes it possible to buy kits and ability upgrades without leaving and going to the main lobby. Which is annoying when playing in a party, every time someone wants to do something in the lobby, the whole party has to leave the game. I know that you can buy the kits later, after leaving the party. But then you won't be able to use it in the next game. So to make everything a bit smoother and go faster for parties, I suggest the /shop command for in the waiting lobbies.

Vote commands
Because the voting system does not remember what you've voted for the previous game, as the kit system does, you'll need to vote again every game. To make this a bit easier, you can make macro's that do this for you. But it would be much easier if there was a command to vote for game options. This would make it much easier to create macro's and many other clients will be able to use it, so you can make hotkeys for voting. For now, you vote through a menu, by selecting an item, you vote for a gamemode. But these items actually should trigger commands. So the only thing I suggest is that we may know what these commands are, to make it easier to make macro's or hotkeys.

Thanks for reading, and thanks @99th_DutchNubnub and @99th_DutchVoid for some idea's.
You can react with :agree: Agree if you agree with this suggestion, or with :unsure: Unsure if you're not sure about it. And you can react with :disagree: Disagree if you don't like this suggestion at all. I would love to get some feedback, so please let me know what you think about these idea's. Have a nice day!

~99th_DutchScary 💙

Last edited:

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Cosmetics
Using cosmetics, like gadgets in the waiting lobby would make it way more fun. There's a lot more you can do then, while waiting for the game to start. So I think it would be cool if you can use the loot menu in the waiting lobby. This would also add a possibility to change your cage or shield while waiting for a game.
I think this would make the waiting time less boring and would be a really fun feature: you can make fun with friends using gadgets or just spend time on using gadgets, instead of waiting for a game. I totally agree!
Flying
Players with an Emerald or Obsidian rank are able to fly in the main lobby. But I think that this should also be able in the waiting lobbies. It would allow players to get on some cool spots and it is something extra for the players that paid for this rank.
With this as a feature, the perks of an Emerald and Obsidian rank will increase a little bit. Players paid for being able to fly in the main lobby and adding this to waiting lobbies doesn't seem like a bad idea imo. +1
Resource packs
Before playin Lucky island, you get a menu that asks you if you want to download a resource pack. But when you're in a party, only the party owner gets to see this menu. When they join a game, there is a possibility that the other players in the party didn't instal the resource pack. So there should be an option to download it while waiting the lobby. This would be much easier then leaving the game, and instal the resource pack in the main lobby.
I can remember many moments where the party leader had to leave a game, just because a player didn't download the resource pack. Since this can be quite annoying and having this as a feature solves this 'problem', I totally support this idea as well.

If this doesn't get implemented, I advice you to take a look at this thread from SanCookie: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/java-lucky-islands-resource-pack.213266/. Via this thread it's possible to download the Lucky Island resourcepack in a waiting lobby. (Solves the problem of 1 resourcepack).
/shop
This is a simple feature, it opens the ingame shop. If this is possible in the waiting lobbies, you can buy kits and abilities while waiting for the game to start. This makes it possible to buy kits and ability upgrades without leaving and going to the main lobby. Which is annoying when playing in a party, every time someone wants to do something in the lobby, the whole party has to leave the game. I know that you can buy the kits later, after leaving the party. But then you won't be able to use it in the next game. So to make everything a bit smoother and go faster for parties, I suggest the /shop command for in the waiting lobbies.
Having this as a feature would make it easier to buy kits and ability upgrades. It's not something which needs priority, but imo there aren't any reasons why this would be a bad addition.
Vote commands
Because the voting system does not remember what you've voted for the previous game, as the kit system does, you'll need to vote again every game. To make this a bit easier, you can make macro's that do this for you. But it would be much easier if there was a command to vote for game options. This would make it much easier to create macro's and many other clients will be able to use it, so you can make hotkeys for voting. For now, you vote through a menu, by selecting an item, you vote for a gamemode. But these items actually should trigger commands. So the only thing I suggest is that we may know what these commands are, to make it easier to make macro's or hotkeys.
I really like the idea of having autovotes, since I usually vote the same voting options every game again. Although I do rather see this suggestion from Maaarijn getting implemented. Because this will be a feature for all players, instead of only the ones who made or downloaded a mod.

Overall I think that all suggestions are small, but useful features. I don't see any cons for them, therefore I agree!

Naitzirch

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Maybe they can make it so you can access the shop through your gui as well, like an emerald in the middle of your hotbar or something.

It would also be cool if you could check out other player's stats while waiting for the game to start :)

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey 99th_DutchScary, thanks for the suggestion.

We really love a lot of these ideas, I'll go ahead and discuss each of them individually and our thoughts.

In-Game Loot Menu​

This currently exists on Bedrock and I 100% agree with this idea, this will also be useful going forward with some big changes we have planned.

Gadgets and Flying​

At this time, we are very worried about this feature. We can create it and test it extensively but it will still occasionally bug and glitch every so often and the repercussions of such a feature glitching are massive, it can break quite a few of our gamemodes for 20 minutes and this will happen often.

We will research more into this but it's likely that if we did this update then we'd need to cut these features as they'd impact gameplay.

Resource Packs​

I understand and like this idea, however this would need to be placed in Lucky Islands Solo as well I believe. Which is still fine.

Shop​

Sounds good to me.

Vote Commands​

We're a bit skeptical about making voting options autonomous in any way, this is because of our non-ranked players. We don't want nearly all of their games being shifted away from the norm, ranked players forgetting to vote is a big factor in how sometimes you're able to get an Overpowered SkyWars game when everyone else is voting basic, or how a stone ranked player is able to get a normal game in a game with a ranked user.

It just balances it a bit for everyone, of course this is just a theory but it still requires a bit more research.

So in conclusion we likely proceed with trying to get some of these implemented at some point in the future. But some may need to be amended or outright denied.

~ Marked as planned :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom