Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you want a /spectate feature?

• Total voters

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
My suggestion is as simple as the title. A command to let you spectate your friends. The syntax for the command: /spectate "playernamehere". That way if you somehow get kicked from a game, you can come back and watch your friends finish it.

This is just a simple little quality-of-life feature that I'd like. What's your opinion?

Reactions: Lilleh__

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I see where the idea comes from and wouldn't be too bad for certain games which end very quickly (within 10 mins) would be okay, but for anything like UHC this would be too easy to give away position of other players and also in SG this would basically mean people could sponsor players just by joining which I don't see is a good idea and kinda ruins the fun of those games!

Reactions: LanceDaniels

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
I think of you were apart of that game then it would be better as @Bob_the_Giraffe has said, it would be pretty bad in SG or UHC because your friends would just spec you and tell you exactly we're to go. So with a little tweaks, I think that it would work. Good suggestion, +1.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
My suggestion is as simple as the title. A command to let you spectate your friends. The syntax for the command: /spectate "playernamehere". That way if you somehow get kicked from a game, you can come back and watch your friends finish it.

This is just a simple little quality-of-life feature that I'd like. What's your opinion?
/spectate
AKA
/Stalk
I Think That Is All I Really Need To Say So I Can Tell You
No Thank You

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
People, friends already spectate their teammates and tell them how is the enemy and whatever, ghosting is allowed I asked before But... I don't think promoting ghosting should be a thing.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I may be fine at certain games, however it could give player(s) and advantage because of their friend spectating them which can ruin the game.
What happens if you don't want your friend spectating you? There is no "deny" button.
It may be a pain for staff members since players on their friends list can go stalk them even when he/she wants alone time.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I dont really think i can agree with this idea. The reason being what @Bob_the_Giraffe said.
Although i do want a /rejoin command but for friends to spectate your game would just be weird and a game could get overloaded with players that are spectating.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
As spectator. Not if They're still alive. And If it would happen, they would receive a ban from sentinel
Sentinel bans in ban waves so he can still hack in another game.
Didn't know you will respawn as a spectator btw.
Neat idea anyway.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Yes, it would make it easier to find teamers and hackers in SG to record.
+1

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
There is already a spectate mode in some gamemodes like Skywars and etc . I don't realy like the spectate mode , you can always tell people where to go . This just ruins the fun , it is cooler if you end the game without any help from your friends. It can also be annoying because some people are stressed because they know that there friends are watching to see him finishing it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Livvv wrote on Vunks's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ^-^
UncleSpect wrote on Kazwa's profile.
amazing banner kasper! like u :D
HyperPal wrote on Elenahh's profile.
best team leader in history I swear on god respect
Top Bottom