Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you want a /spectate feature?

• Total voters

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
1. An easy fix for ghosting would be to make it so spectators can't communicate with living players via chat. Only spectators could see what other spectators said.

2. To make it so your friends couldn't stalk you, there could be a setting that allows friends to spectate you or not.

3. So games aren't filled with spectators, there could be a limit to how many spectators could join a game.

Also, friends would have to be in a game to be spectated. You couldn't spectate them in a lobby.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
1. An easy fix for ghosting would be to make it so spectators can't communicate with living players via chat. Only spectators could see what other spectators said.
basically muting people
hmm that seems fair
2. To make it so your friends couldn't stalk you, there could be a setting that allows friends to spectate you or not.
well that doesn't really mean anything especially when they are in game and they can't turn it off also it doesn't matter if it is a setting or not people will still be able to stalk you unless everybody had it set to OFF which then defeats the purpose
3. So games aren't filled with spectators, there could be a limit to how many spectators could join a game.
this defeats the purpose of having spectators in a game if anyone can

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
basically muting people
hmm that seems fair

well that doesn't really mean anything especially when they are in game and they can't turn it off also it doesn't matter if it is a setting or not people will still be able to stalk you unless everybody had it set to OFF which then defeats the purpose

When you turn off spectating, no one can spectate you, but you can spectate others. I don't see how that defeats the purpose.

It's not like there would be walls with signs to join a game to spectate. You'd HAVE to have a friend in the game who is not a spectator, they'd have to have spectating on, and there couldn't be the max amount of spectators in the game. Maybe have about five more spectator slots than there are players in the game?

When you do /spectate, it would open a menu. You would decide which friend to spectate by clicking on their head. If they didn't allow you to spectate them, their head wouldn't appear.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
When you turn off spectating, no one can spectate you, but you can spectate others. I don't see how that defeats the purpose.
I said if everybody did
do you even read
No you do not
It's not like there would be walls with signs to join a game to spectate. You'd HAVE to have a friend in the game who is not a spectator, they'd have to have spectating on, and there couldn't be the max amount of spectators in the game.
you are just making up these answers because you want this too be added
't
if anyone can't
I don't see why this is a good idea if it won't even likely work
When you do /spectate, it would open a menu. You would decide which friend to spectate by clicking on their head. If they didn't allow you to spectate them, their head wouldn't appear.
why
that has absolutely nothing to say about anything
why would you say that in an attempt to invalidate my valid points?
Neither I nor anyone else ever said anything about this

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
What's stopping them from using Skype or Discord?
There are countless ways of maintaining contact with other players, which Cube can't do anything about. There's no real solution to this.

Still wouldn't fix ghosting, which is the biggest issue.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I said if everybody did
do you even read

No you do not

you are just making up these answers because you want this too be added

't
if anyone can't
I don't see why this is a good idea if it won't even likely work

why
that has absolutely nothing to say about anything
why would you say that in an attempt to invalidate my valid points?
Neither I nor anyone else ever said anything about this

I wasn't trying to invalidate your points, I was trying to fix the problems you explained. Constructive criticism. You don't have to just start insulting me. Anyways, I'm going to pretend like you didn't and stay civil. Don't want this spiraling into a flame war.

What are the chances that everyone on Cubecraft with friends turns off spectating? I honestly wouldn't care if my friends joined my game to watch. Not many people would honestly. Who doesn't enjoy playing with friends? If you want "me time" why are you on a public server? Anyways, you could still just turn off spectating.

Maybe, unlike most settings, toggling people being able to spectate you would be in the menu that pops up when you do the command? that would be nice. Thanks for the idea jollow250. The idea will only get better.

Yea, I want this feature to be added, but not that bad. I'm just stating ways you could fix the problems you helped reveal. Thanks again. :)

The last part I added just because. It wasn't to invalidate your points, it was because I came up with an idea to improve the feature. And I never was trying to invalidate your points. I just tried to fix problems you revealed to me. Again, constructive criticism.

Also, one final thing: I don't have any ill intent towards you. I do understand that you can't read emotions, so if I did offend you it's my fault. We have a tendency to forget the other people posting comments are humans too. So let's try not to assume and give the persona we imagine to other people. Trust me, helping people realize this can stop a LOT of arguments and such online. That's just a positive message I'd like to spread. Feel free to copy and paste my words to hepl spread the message. I don't mind.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
What's stopping them from using Skype or Discord?
There are countless ways of maintaining contact with other players, which Cube can't do anything about. There's no real solution to this.

Still wouldn't fix ghosting, which is the biggest issue.

It's impossible to fully stop ghosting no matter what. If someone dies in a game where they are using some kind of communication software, they can still spectate and ghost. There's no stopping it. you can always use the /msg command too. There is no way to stop ghosting, but adding features to prevent it can help a little bit.

Also, a spectator limit wouldn't be to stop ghosting. It would be used to prevent games from getting too full.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
I wasn't trying to invalidate your points, I was trying to fix the problems you explained. Constructive criticism. You don't have to just start insulting me. Anyways, I'm going to pretend like you didn't and stay civil. Don't want this spiraling into a flame war.
Gee
Umm Because Someone Isn't Agreeing With you doesn't mean that it is all of a sudden a giant problem
oh my gosh it is destructive because he said it isn't good
no that isn't how it works
Alright, I have to ask. Why are you so opposed to this. you could just say "I don't think this should be added," and walk away.
My question is why aren't you listening to yourself you can just as easily accept the negative feedback and stay with it
also the reason why is
maybe because your points to nullify other points AREN'T Impenetrable and can be argued with

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
It's impossible to fully stop ghosting no matter what. If someone dies in a game where they are using some kind of communication software, they can still spectate and ghost. There's no stopping it. you can always use the /msg command too. There is no way to stop ghosting, but adding features to prevent it can help a little bit.
This feature alone is going to make ghosting that much easier. I rather not have this at all.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Gee
Umm Because Someone Isn't Agreeing With you doesn't mean that it is all of a sudden a giant problem
oh my gosh it is destructive because he said it isn't good
no that isn't how it works

My question is why aren't you listening to yourself you can just as easily accept the negative feedback and stay with it
also the reason why is
maybe because your points to nullify other points AREN'T Impenetrable and can be argued with

I've tried to be nice... And I still will, even if I lose the argument.

Constructive criticism is when you say something along the lines of "I think this is good, but here are a few issues you could work on," That's what draws the line between destructive and constructive criticism. Destructive criticism is just a negative comment. Don't you wish there were fewer negative comments in the world? Humans spend to much time being mad despite the fact that we could die at any moment...

And no, it's not a giant problem... I'm fine if you don't accept my view, but being rude on the internet is...wait... It's on the internet.

I've been trying to fix problems, not make your points irrelevant. The whole reason I'm taking the time to respond is because they are valid issues that can be fixed. I'm fine with negative feedback, but with issues that can be easily fixed, it's hard not to respond and offer ways to fix them.

Again, not trying to nullify others points. And if I was, you are the only other arguing. No, my points aren't impenetrable, I accept that, and they can be argued with. But Why argue when you could have a civil discussion?

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
This feature alone is going to make ghosting that much easier. I rather not have this at all.

Although I don't have much trouble with ghosting, your points are valid. Thank you for opinion. Have you voted in the pole?

Man, a nice civil agreement to disagree. Very nice.

XxRubyxX

May 13, 2017
Yes and no.

I personally like the idea of you being able to spectate as that is the best way to see how your friend is going in a game. For the no part, it's because of people being able "ghost" other players on their opposing team. I'll vote for a "Yes" for now as that is what I'm leaning too.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Sentinel bans in ban waves so he can still hack in another game.

They can, sometimes they get kicked.
In your main post, you even said that they receive BANS from Sentinel.
How exactly would they get kicked by a banwave?
Sure, they can get kicked by what remains of NCP, but that's got nothing to do with your first post.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
In your main post, you even said that they receive BANS from Sentinel.
How exactly would they get kicked by a banwave?
Sure, they can get kicked by what remains of NCP, but that's got nothing to do with your first post.
It was a little fault.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
It will be hell, for example imagine a youtuber is in a game, everyone will spec him and make a mess.

That's why there would be a limit to how many spectators can be in a game. Also, I don't think a youtuber is going to have all of their subscribers on their friends list. Making it so the person you want to spectate has to be on your friends list would mean that wouldn't be a problem.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Who Invented Jumpbridging/Mj Bridging?

I need help uncovering the history of Bedrocks Most popular Method
If you know any old time players that might know something contact me on my discord
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My discord is : aviussabes​

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday have an awesome day today! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom