Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

omgitsNICKZ

Feb 29, 2020
Italia
I've been trying to understand how spawners work here but i can't get to the top of it. Do mobs need some block type to spawn? My setup with water under the spawer doesn't seem to work and the mobs keep spawning on top of it; If i put slabs on top of the spawner the mobs don't spawn at all. Anyone has any suggestions on how i can make it work? If you want post a screenshot of what works for you. Thank you in advance.

Dokter

Dec 8, 2019
The Netherlands
The range of the spawners is less than a normal spawner in vanilla minecraft. The range is 2 blocks in each direction (top, bottom and the sides) So you probably placed the spawners too high which was also a problem for me at first. :)

omgitsNICKZ

Feb 29, 2020
Italia
The range of the spawners is less than a normal spawner in vanilla minecraft. The range is 2 blocks in each direction (top, bottom and the sides) So you probably placed the spawners too high which was also a problem for me at first. :)
Oh thank you, didnt know that, appreciate the help!

Reactions: Dokter

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
I'm not sure if your question has been completely answered but I can help you. My design has been working pretty well, so here it is.
2020-03-03 (1).png

Basically, I put a my spawner, then 3 blocks on top of it, and signs around the first block on top of the spawner. As you can see I have a 1 block gap between the top of the spawner and the ceiling. You don't have to do that.

Reactions: omgitsNICKZ

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I'm not sure if your question has been completely answered but I can help you. My design has been working pretty well, so here it is. View attachment 160325
Basically, I put a my spawner, then 3 blocks on top of it, and signs around the first block on top of the spawner. As you can see I have a 1 block gap between the top of the spawner and the ceiling. You don't have to do that.
I went to do some testing after seeing your design. You are able to force the mobs to spawn in a 1x1 area on a sign and then immediately fall down a chute into the killing chamber. No need for any water. All you need is a sign, and then the spawners go around the sign with blocks on top so nothing can spawn there. You should be able to stack this upwards/downwards, though I don't know if the signs need to have a 2 block gap for spawning.
This is my makeshift one for testing. Tomorrow, I will likely make a much better version with more spawners and a higher spawn area.
2020-03-04_01.47.13.png

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
I went to do some testing after seeing your design. You are able to force the mobs to spawn in a 1x1 area on a sign and then immediately fall down a chute into the killing chamber. No need for any water. All you need is a sign, and then the spawners go around the sign with blocks on top so nothing can spawn there. You should be able to stack this upwards/downwards, though I don't know if the signs need to have a 2 block gap for spawning.
This is my makeshift one for testing. Tomorrow, I will likely make a much better version with more spawners and a higher spawn area.
View attachment 160331

I forgot to mention that I have spider spawners in there :). The water is needed to able to force the spiders down into the hole or else they will climb the wall and I won't be able to kill them.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I forgot to mention that I have spider spawners in there :). The water is needed to able to force the spiders down into the hole or else they will climb the wall and I won't be able to kill them.
Ah, very true. I want to do some more testing tomorrow and see if something would work well for spiders. I think I already have an idea since you should be able to force them to spawn without being to grab any walls and fall into a special killing chamber to prevent them from climbing out.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
GiGaGekkies wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday
vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Old Picture a friend did when I did Roblox videos hahah. I think this thumbnail never got used but I still like this art style:D
20210306_172301.png
Evaluatiefout wrote on Frontlane's profile.
chipi chipi chapa chapa
Top Bottom