Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you like the new update?

• Totally!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Martinocom

Apr 10, 2016
Auto-align
Cool but should be mandatory. I know about some strange tactics when you missplace them, but then change.
20 victories as a limit? You can make them in a day! Other parameters should be valuated, like number of towers placed, upgrades made... General progress of the game, not "the wins". You can win doing pretty nothing.

Teleport
OH NO! It totally brokes the game! You should NEVER teleport to the middle of the tower after placing it. Leave players when they was BEFORE placing or make an option for disabling it. It's very frustrating.

Path Choosing
Should be mandatory but NOT when placing the tower. This slows down the entire process and make you 10.000 clicks more to achieve nothing. And you can easly missclick and close the window, choosing the wrong path you can never change. Old mechanics was great: choose when ready. The only thing didn't work is people that has not that upgrade: it should be possible to "unlock" all upgrades 5 minutes before armageddon, regardless of the limit of that specific player.
Remember: there are people that are studying "How many clicks users need to do to achieve something": if clicks are more than 3, user will not do that. To place a tower, I press 4 times: right click to place, choosing tower, choosing upgrade, closing window (or upgrading more).

Turret Range
Great feature, awful implementation. Coloring the "mob-path" was too difficult? Understandable. But even with this feature enabled I still don't understand what is the range, since is too high: should be at the level ground. And colors easly mixs up and form just a mess, not an indicator. I shut it down.

Tutorial
Great it's come back! There are too many nubs in this game.

Balancement
Great.

Lag
Less, but still present on a 7700k + 1080Ti

2vs2 Gamemode
Less nubs, more players, more fun. Why we still don't have this. On 6vs6 games often nubs just ragequit, leaving you with 6 pro players that destroys your... bottom part of your back.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
this is a great thread i agree with almost everything you siad, the reason you teleport to the middle of your own or someone elses tower is because it fixed the bug of being able to place a tower inside of someone elses tower and being able to troll by putting someone in a tower. i agree with path choosing and your work around by being able to pick any path of anothers tower 5mins before armegeddon i think its a great idea. i wouldn't agree with making auto alligning towers manndetory. firstly, when new players have this on wich they have too they'll see how to place from now on. Secondly, in some curcumstances it is essential that you palce a 3x3 on a 5x5 or vise versa due to a 3x3archer not being able to shoot over a 5by5 turret in some cases such as the map perilous. Thirdly, If you find someone in your game trolling by miss placing towers simply give them a warning and submit video evidence(i think this is the correct way how every im not completely familiar with this rule) I would absulutoly love a 2v2 mode, with the exact same game mechanics exact same votes, rlly wouldnt be a lot of work at all except adjusting team size on a short map such as hillside, desert or valley again i rlly loved ur thread ty :3

• Love
Reactions: Shotgun

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
this is a great thread i agree with almost everything you siad, the reason you teleport to the middle of your own or someone elses tower is because it fixed the bug of being able to place a tower inside of someone elses tower and being able to troll by putting someone in a tower. i agree with path choosing and your work around by being able to pick any path of anothers tower 5mins before armegeddon i think its a great idea. i wouldn't agree with making auto alligning towers manndetory. firstly, when new players have this on wich they have too they'll see how to place from now on. Secondly, in some curcumstances it is essential that you palce a 3x3 on a 5x5 or vise versa due to a 3x3archer not being able to shoot over a 5by5 turret in some cases such as the map perilous. Thirdly, If you find someone in your game trolling by miss placing towers simply give them a warning and submit video evidence(i think this is the correct way how every im not completely familiar with this rule) I would absulutoly love a 2v2 mode, with the exact same game mechanics exact same votes, rlly wouldnt be a lot of work at all except adjusting team size on a short map such as hillside, desert or valley again i rlly loved ur thread ty :3
I love it that u took the time to reply Mat, I know you don't like reading/writing. You writing this shows us that you care about the game.

Reactions: Matriox

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Lag
Less, but still present on a 7700k + 1080Ti

I feel like this is something related to the update. I pretty much have the same performance during the game, but end game has a lot higher/stable fps without the masses of slimes everywhere.

But end game lags the entire game now. Not FPS, but just the game that slows down to a crawl.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
- Something bad:

Last game I played reminded me of something that is still unbalanced: potions.

If Cubecraft keeps insisting on this game being 6v6 only, they should rebalance potions... because yeah, we all know: games don't actually play out as 6v6 most of the time. It's especially bad during the nightly hours here (CET).

Playing alone isn't even that big of a deal. The income feels pretty balanced because of the difference in mobs coming in and mobs going out. Depending on the other team you can even have a very easy time early and mid game.

Late game this changes. Once the large team realizes they need to do a coordinated attack you are doomed. 5 attacking speed potions every 12 seconds against 1 freeze potion does not stop waves and waves of blazes. This is incredibly unbalanced and is bound to happen almost every single time when the game ends up very unbalanced.

I don't leave, because I actually find it much more entertaining to fight against large teams alone and take the loss in favor of having fun, but that doesn't make it any less unbalanced of course.

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
Im going to provide my take, one part at a time.

Auto Alignment: Im very thankful that its an option that is on by default, but I completely agree with what you provided with the other parameters, I personally have it disabled (as I dont really need it), but long last the people who dont know how to play have the towers auto centered.

Teleport: Last time I checked this was a thing before this update, and personally, there isnt really a problem with it, and it is helpful when I'm slamming down towers, where I can just walk off the tower to the bottom, place, and then get teleported up, wash rinse repeat.

Path Choosing: Personally I have my own problems to it, but it isnt the same as yours Martinocom, I personally believe that having a path be picked when placed is great, but I do not like how if you close out of the menu without picking a path, it defaults to the first path, This does not apply when you Shift + Right Click, as it places the last tower you placed down, and properly sets the path to what you had previously, so try Shift Right Clicking when you are placing a lot of the same tower.

Tower Range: Great idea, I will not be using this, as playing this game for a long time (when Tower Defense was on The Chunk, before it was combined into Cubecraft), so I understand how the ranging works, and I can internalize it pretty well, so as I said, I will not be using it, save the particles for other things.

Tutorial: Yay its back, I dont know how good it is, or if it has been edited, so Ill have to try it and Ill report back on it if I do try out the tutorial.

Balance: Most of it is great, but as sprout said, Potions, yeah I heavily agree that potions is unbalanced. Most of the things they said I agree with (I never play alone, I always play with friends). Another thing is power ups, I have said this in the past, but at the beginning power ups are really good, tower upgrades, cash, and troop sending is pretty good at the beginning of the game, but all of which becomes pretty ineffective late game, the troops that get sent are early game troops 99% of the time, (lvl 5 Zombies, lvl 5 Spiders mainly). The cash and EXP stuff becomes pretty bad at late game, because EXP gain has little effect, when the troops you are sending has multiple times more gain when one dies. The cash gain is also pretty bad late game, when you are gaining 100 or 200 cash a second (depending on income), gaining 13 cash is pretty useless, the last thing is that (this might be a glitch actually) is that sometimes when all of the towers are upgraded fully, sometimes I get an "Upgraded Tower for free (Archer Tower)" and I'm there thinking which one just got upgraded to level 5? all of these towers are level 4. So balancing power ups would be nice to scale with the timer running for a Tower Defense Game. (Like if you get troops sent for free, they are Zombies at the beginning, and Giants at the end of the game)

Lag: Sadly I have it as well, its much better than it was before this update, but running a Intel Core i7 8700 + RTX 2080 Super + 64 GB of RAM with no texture packs or shader packs still slows my game down to 10 FPS (from the normal 1000 FPS, yes i know, insane but still)

2v2 Gamemode: Im not a fan of a 2v2 only, 2v2 works, but if a 4v4 mode was introduced, that would be better for me

This update was a step in the right direction, but there are still some improvements that should be done, in my honest opinion

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom