Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
So, I wanted to make this post as a follow up to the new update. This will mainly be filled with suggestions related to maps. Starting with:

Higher Punch Bow Prices for Larger Maps

This is without a doubt going to be the hot topic of this thread so let's get it out of the way. So, we all know that the punch bow was increased to 25 diamonds in normal to help counter mid campers, which is GREAT. Problem is, it doesn't help that much on larger maps. The price needs to go even higher on the following maps, imo:
Dwarven: 30
Fairgound: 35
Garden: 35
Oriental: 40
Kingdom: 40
Aztec: 48
Teaparty: 64
And yes, these maps are the ones with the biggest problems with mid camping.

I'd also a punch bow increase for OP mode on those maps above along with a few others, like Instruments and Magic.

Kingdom
Although the map looks great, it needs improvement. For sure. First off, there needs to be a second iron generator, level 2, on home islands. Maybe put it in the other tower to the left of the main buildings. Speaking of iron, two level 3/4 iron gens should be added to be mid. They could either replace two of the gold generators, or they could be put at the openings in the corners of the mid.

Also, can the doors be made a bit bigger? It's very easy to block them up and is quite a pain if you don't have a pickaxe on you, especially when you're chasing someone. Maybe make them 3 wide and 4 tall.

Also, the very center of middle needs a large improvement. It's way too small and compact, giving no room to PvP. It also gives a lot of favor to mid camping as the generators are extremely easy to guard. Maybe we could put a level 1 diamond generator on top of the two watch towers, leave the level 3 in it's original location, and take out the level 2. The bottom would be a simple tower so that it's not absurdly compact in this area.

Dwarven / Storm

Next up on our list of needed improvements are the maps dwarven and storm. Considering I grouped these two together, I think you can assume what the improvement is. Obviously, the snow needs to be flattened. The map storm also needs less cluttering, if you know what I mean. On storm, way too much is going on. First off, I think the vehicle can be removed from the home island. It doesn't serve any purpose. I'd also get rid of a lot of the fencing along the edge, it just gets in the way. Overall, the map needs to be cleared out a bit. The fencing on Dwarven also needs to go.

Oriental

Similar to kingdom, fix the doors at mid. It's a pain to go out the top every time I get trapped in there. Another suggestion, although I don't care either way, is to make all the gens at mid level 2. This makes mid camping here much harder as one run through an outer gen is enough to stop it sometimes.

Bring Back Fireplace

ok that's not a real suggestion

Forest

Please, just lower the height of the trees. It's so annoying to try to find people hiding on this map.

Medieval

One active diamond generator on the entire map is a bad formula for mid camping. Although it's harder to do on the 2 player maps, it's still doable nonetheless. Considering you need diamonds from that ONE generator and you don't even have a home gold generator active, mid campers that actually get set up are really hard to do with. So, I'd suggest changing this mid so it's two level 1 diamond generators.

I'm out of time for tonight. Tomorrow, I'll be posting some suggestions for Instruments, Treehouse, Western, Mansion, and possibly a few others. So long.

@Efcluke94 Just gonna casually tag you as I know you might want to read this

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I don't know how I feel about the increase of price based on map. I think that would get annoying. One thing I could suggest is lower starting levels for diamond gens on those maps. Like teaparty, make all the diamond gens level one so you can't run and then leave with enough for full iron and diamond sword in 5 seconds.

I agree with everything you said about kingdom

For the storm/dwarven, I don't think the snow matters. In one of the updates, they changed it so you can break the snow layers and place blocks. So now the snow isn't as annoying and if they changed it, the map would look so flat. I agree with clearing space on storm. There are quite a few random obstacles that are annoying and the diamond gen is badly place. For the fencing on dwarven, it doesn't really bother me at all so I am fine with it staying.

I agree with your oriental suggestions.

Bring back fireplace please. :3

Definitely lower tree height on forest, or at least make the trees solid so they can't crouch in some small hole in between all the leaves.

I'm pretty sure on Medieval, there are two active diamond gens. One is on the inside of the build and the other is on the outside. If you run around, you should find a gold gen on the outside. If you go to the opposite side of the island, you should find an indent in one of their corners that houses another diamond gen. I will say that I am not positive if both of these are active because I am never the first to mid (I chase people to mid because they are sitting there after I get their egg) but whenever I do get there, both gens are active.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
So, I wanted to make this post as a follow up to the new update. This will mainly be filled with suggestions related to maps. Starting with:

Higher Punch Bow Prices for Larger Maps

This is without a doubt going to be the hot topic of this thread so let's get it out of the way. So, we all know that the punch bow was increased to 25 diamonds in normal to help counter mid campers, which is GREAT. Problem is, it doesn't help that much on larger maps. The price needs to go even higher on the following maps, imo:
Dwarven: 30
Fairgound: 35
Garden: 35
Oriental: 40
Kingdom: 40
Aztec: 48
Teaparty: 64
And yes, these maps are the ones with the biggest problems with mid camping.

I'd also a punch bow increase for OP mode on those maps above along with a few others, like Instruments and Magic.

Kingdom
Although the map looks great, it needs improvement. For sure. First off, there needs to be a second iron generator, level 2, on home islands. Maybe put it in the other tower to the left of the main buildings. Speaking of iron, two level 3/4 iron gens should be added to be mid. They could either replace two of the gold generators, or they could be put at the openings in the corners of the mid.

Also, can the doors be made a bit bigger? It's very easy to block them up and is quite a pain if you don't have a pickaxe on you, especially when you're chasing someone. Maybe make them 3 wide and 4 tall.

Also, the very center of middle needs a large improvement. It's way too small and compact, giving no room to PvP. It also gives a lot of favor to mid camping as the generators are extremely easy to guard. Maybe we could put a level 1 diamond generator on top of the two watch towers, leave the level 3 in it's original location, and take out the level 2. The bottom would be a simple tower so that it's not absurdly compact in this area.

Dwarven / Storm

Next up on our list of needed improvements are the maps dwarven and storm. Considering I grouped these two together, I think you can assume what the improvement is. Obviously, the snow needs to be flattened. The map storm also needs less cluttering, if you know what I mean. On storm, way too much is going on. First off, I think the vehicle can be removed from the home island. It doesn't serve any purpose. I'd also get rid of a lot of the fencing along the edge, it just gets in the way. Overall, the map needs to be cleared out a bit. The fencing on Dwarven also needs to go.

Oriental

Similar to kingdom, fix the doors at mid. It's a pain to go out the top every time I get trapped in there. Another suggestion, although I don't care either way, is to make all the gens at mid level 2. This makes mid camping here much harder as one run through an outer gen is enough to stop it sometimes.

Bring Back Fireplace

ok that's not a real suggestion

Forest

Please, just lower the height of the trees. It's so annoying to try to find people hiding on this map.

Medieval

One active diamond generator on the entire map is a bad formula for mid camping. Although it's harder to do on the 2 player maps, it's still doable nonetheless. Considering you need diamonds from that ONE generator and you don't even have a home gold generator active, mid campers that actually get set up are really hard to do with. So, I'd suggest changing this mid so it's two level 1 diamond generators.

I'm out of time for tonight. Tomorrow, I'll be posting some suggestions for Instruments, Treehouse, Western, Mansion, and possibly a few others. So long.

@Efcluke94 Just gonna casually tag you as I know you might want to read this

What is with you people
You are runing Egg Wars
25 is a lot already
This is the last KB wepon

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
What is with you people
You are runing Egg Wars
25 is a lot already
This is the last KB wepon
25 is literally nothing on maps like Teaparty and Aztec. You can get that on Teaparty with just one run forwards only. And again, this increase is meant to stop MID camping, which is basically impossible to stop if people set it up correctly.

And don't say that mid camping is a strategy, because hacking is also one so by that logic hacking should be allowed.

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
Disagreed, do this only pn overpowered . The prices are overpriced on aztec oriental and 64 diamonds??!?!?!?!! NOPE

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
TBH this will highly encourage base camping, you might think I am an idiot but... having a punch bow is a fairly good weapon to deal with campers, if they are building a fortress then you can knock them off of it or whatnot buying you some time, however if the punch bow cost 64 diamonds, a no one will get one aside from campers. If you also want to have one you have to grind for 2:40 on the diamond gen, guess what? The base campers can fully stack one person in this amount of time. If one base campers buy a punch bow, then they can get as many people on their team stacked as they want, yes you don't NEED a punch bow, I never buy it, while this method would end mid camping it wouldn't stop base camping. People will just sit on the generators longer, creating a stop in the game, also I usually go mid on most maps, and I need 44 or 54 diamonds to get everything I need, sword armor bow and if I have 54 pick axe, now if I want a punch bow I have to get 67 diamonds, ok that is doable but I never do it cuz, I can't bowspam for my life, and I don't camp, yes I do get some failed opportunities where I can snipe someone off a bridge, but I don't need to sit at mid and get rekt. Now if the price was lifted to 64, I would need 106 diamonds, holy crap. That would take 265 seconds!!! On a lvl 3 gen. Yes tea party does have a lot of diamonds, but half the time, I am chasing make people and coming back to an empty generator, rinse and repeat getting hardly anything. And then a full iron guy goes mid so you run wondering how the hell did he get that so fast.
Punch bow price increase doesn't linearly stop camping, at a certain point it is unnecessary

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom