Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

?

• Total voters

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
  • Replace blocked words in normal chat with asterisks (Sylly you *****) so we don't have to type in the whole message again. It's quite annoying when a long sentence gets blocked because of one thing which is not allowed, which we don't know is not allowed.
If somehow you absolutely hate this idea, please instead at least change the message from "You are not allowed to say this" to "You are not allowed to say <word you are not allowed to say>". So we know what we are not allowed to say.

Alternatively make it so that bad words get replaced with good words, so for example: "Sylvaly you suck" becomes "Sylvaly you are awesome", "ez", becomes "Well played my fellow cubecrafter", etc.

Last edited:

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
upload_2018-3-26_17-22-44.png

????

The other suggestion: yes please

D

Deleted member 59979

Im not a fan of just using asterixes as they can still show the word. I'm still all for a way to stop you having to write out a new message because of an annoying block but I dont think this is the way. Been thinking of something good for a while and ill reply again if I think of anything good

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
People get warned for saying **** u, so changing it will mute many people but I totally agree with this:
[COLOR=var(--text-normal)]If somehow you absolutely hate this idea, please instead at least change the message from [/COLOR]"You are not allowed to say this" to [/COLOR][COLOR=var(--text-normal)]"You are not allowed to say <word you are not allowed to say>". [/COLOR][COLOR=var(--text-normal)]So we know what we are not allowed to say.
[/COLOR]

D

Deleted member 100818

Alternatively make it so that bad words get replaced with good words, so for example: "Sylvaly you suck" becomes "Sylvaly you are awesome", "ez", becomes "Well played my fellow cubecrafter", etc.
Everything but this seems fine to me. It's just too much to deal with as a developer. Almost impossible to make a opposite of everything, and a waste of time too.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Im not a fan of just using asterixes as they can still show the word. I'm still all for a way to stop you having to write out a new message because of an annoying block but I dont think this is the way. Been thinking of something good for a while and ill reply again if I think of anything good
what word is there to show it it's only **** *** *** ****?

D

Deleted member 59979

what word is there to show it it's only **** *** *** ****?
Its that it can still portray the original meaning and is still rude. Would you find it ruder if someone said "**** you" or that they said nothing at all?

D

Deleted member 100818

Would you find it ruder if someone said "**** you" or that they said nothing at all?
The first one, that's funny because they're struggling with telling you something "toxic". And it is really not offensive at all, it just shows how amazing the chat filter works, and that we are an anti-swear server and that (obviously) swearing is not allowed, and never will be. So this suggestion is fine to me.

D

Deleted member 59979

which we would just have to assume is something.
Anyway, people bypass the filter right now regardless of the filter, so which is better, a direct insult, or a half-censored insult?
If you purely change the system of how it blocks the words it will not change the words that are/arent blocked. What I am saying is a completely blocked insult is better than a half-censored one

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
  • Replace blocked words in normal chat with asterisks (Sylly you *****) so we don't have to type in the whole message again. It's quite annoying when a long sentence gets blocked because of one thing which is not allowed, which we don't know is not allowed.
If somehow you absolutely hate this idea, please instead at least change the message from "You are not allowed to say this" to "You are not allowed to say <word you are not allowed to say>". So we know what we are not allowed to say.

First option will never happen as people would still know what you are trying to say
(**** you!!! ****ing noob!!!!!) for example

Second option, pls yes (You are not allowed to say..)

Third option no, people recognise these messages and will just see you tried to say ez so doesn't change anything

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
If you purely change the system of how it blocks the words it will not change the words that are/arent blocked. What I am saying is a completely blocked insult is better than a half-censored one
remember that not everything which is blocked is an insult and sometimes people don't even know what caused their message to be completely blocked. Doing nothing is the worst you can do.

D

Deleted member 169486

I remember John or Cam saying something about changes to how you see blocked words was being discussed but nothing ever came of it as far as I know.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
And like @Kqjwjevebeowjqhn says we should be able to swear our asses off in party chat!!
Eh, swearing in party chat isn't the best of ideas... There are many parties where you're with your friends, but sometimes a friend of a friend is invited, and they may take offense to swearing. I personally don't mind swearing, they're just words. So I guess I'm 50/50 with swearing in party chat, as long as people don't go overboard, and if you're allowed to report them if they truly mean it in an offensive way.
This message also pops up if you say the real curse words, so if it says "You are not allowed to say (enter word here)", then that'd be kinda' absurd... If it's not a curse word, I'm all for it.
This seems kinda' stupid. Sometimes people joke around by saying "You're so dumb" or "Haha, you failed," if it gets changed to something positive, then that's super awkward and annoying. Plus, this will be really hard to implement.

LuisHTX

Novice Member
Jan 10, 2017
colombia
Creo que a veces son muy estrictos con lo que puedes escribir en el chat. Recuerdo que en algún momento no se podía escribir este "<3" y creo que no está nada mal.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Top Bottom