Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
characters.png

[Figure 1: The ten colours of slimes in Among Slimes]​

I personally am moderately colour blind and I find it really difficult to tell some colours apart, like between cyan and white, or yellow and green.
So instead I suggest to add a letter to the back of the slimes' skin, to help colour blind players distinguish the colours.

Actually this is the second thread I've mentioned about the subject. I used to have a thread a year ago. It got escalated but I didn't know how to bump it, so it never made its way to be forwarded. That's why I want to remention it again here.

I might want to ask you to leave a comment on your ideas about how this should be done, especially which specific letter to choose for each colour.
One of the scheme I will propose is as such: Red - R, Orange - O, Green - G, Yellow - Y, Cyan - C, Blue - B, Purple - P, Pink - P, White - W, Black - Nothing.
The reason why black is nothing is that black is already very dark, and is probably pretty much distinguishable even under Gray Scale.
However, I'm not very sure about Purple and Pink. I've tried to view it in Red-Green filter, Green-Red filter and Blue-Yellow filter, but I don't know exactly how a Tritanopia will really feel. I think this part may be upon discussion.

Thank you very much.

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
I think protan would struggle the most here. Purple and blue would be similar, yellow and green, pink and purple, and maybe orange and yellow
I think this is a good suggestion, and another good one would be having their colour name as their nametag (idk if cube can do that tho)

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
I think protan would struggle the most here. Purple and blue would be similar, yellow and green, pink and purple, and maybe orange and yellow
I think this is a good suggestion, and another good one would be having their colour name as their nametag (idk if cube can do that tho)
Thank you.

Actually players in Among Slimes don't have a nametag. Maybe it is because that a nametag would help you see other players through darkness. Although I do agree that it would be great if we do have the colour names on nametag.

Last edited:

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
Thank you.

Actually players in Among Slimes don't have a nametag. Maybe it is because that a nametag would help you see through darkness. Although I do agree that it would be great if we do have the colour names on nametag.
Actually yeah I see your point, a letter would be pretty good instead

Reactions: Amazinq

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Thank you.

Actually players in Among Slimes don't have a nametag. Maybe it is because that a nametag would help you see through darkness. Although I do agree that it would be great if we do have the colour names on nametag.
Nice one, It will fix that problem I guess :D
I would like them to solve it soon since I think it is something quite important!

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I agree, though adding a letter only to the back might not always help colourblind players, as sometimes you don't get to see the back of a player, but I don't know how that could be improved.

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
I agree, though adding a letter only to the back might not always help colourblind players, as sometimes you don't get to see the back of a player, but I don't know how that could be improved.
That's an interesting thing. I'm actually thinking about it for quite a while.

Because on one hand I thought it would look strange if you put it on both side, like, maybe a little bit silly? And also it is not that a useful thing for most players. I don't think it is that important to put it on both side, and I think I will be pretty happy with numbers only on the back, as a colour blind person.
On the other hand, actually motorcycles and bicycles in real life only have number plates at the back of the vehicle but not in the front. I don't know how things work in real life, but it seems that it haven't caused much trouble yet.

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
It seems that players from the Americas have just got online, so one last bump :)

Catss

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 1, 2021
The moon
I totally agree, making among slimes playable for more people is important. Maybe Pu for purple? I would love to see this implemented :3

Reactions: KLsz

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
Maybe Pu for purple?
Actually minecraft skin is only 8-pixel wide so I'm not particularly sure if getting two letters in it will look nice.

But yeah, you are right. Instead of sticking to the first letter of the colour name, we can indeed make some differences between them, for example making purple „P.” and pink „P” would be an idea I think. There will indeed be a learning cycle if we use „P.” but I believe it won't be very painful.

Reactions: Catss

Snowy54

Jul 26, 2019
Shinyland 💫✨
Hey hey, I think this is a really good idea. I have an addition instead of a letter on the back, the color is then in the name tag. For example, if you see white walking, you will not see his username but just "White". You can't see through walls or through vents etc. I think this is a better plan, but be sure to let me know with a :agree::unsure::disagree: and I appreciate it if you let me know the reason :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Lyriie

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hey hey, I think this is a really good idea. I have an addition instead of a letter on the back, the color is then in the name tag. For example, if you see white walking, you will not see his username but just "White". You can't see through walls or through vents etc. I think this is a better plan, but be sure to let me know with a :agree::unsure::disagree: and I appreciate it if you let me know the reason :)
As I mentiond before, nametag would help you see other players through darkness when the electric is out. I believe the way Minecraft nametag works just doesn't really allow a solution here.

• Agree
  • Unsure
Reactions: Lyriie and Snowy54

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
Yeah idk, do putting a letter on skins is not looking good. Do you have another alternative?
I do agree the idea of making it as good-looking as possible. Although I don't think I have an another idea I believe.

• Agree
Reactions: Snowy54

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
Okay then I agree :)
I do actually wonder if something stranger would work, like adding a pattern to the back of the skin instead of a clear letter. Yes, something like that would significantly increase the learning cycle, but I think a learning cycle under 15 games is pretty much acceptable.

Reactions: Snowy54

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hello KLsz,

We discussed your suggestion with the server team and we have come to the conclusion to mark your suggestion as planned. We can totally understand that it is difficult for color blind people to see the difference between the colored skins. We will try to look into a solution to make this much more easier.

Reactions: Amazinq and Critly
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom