Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be added into the game?

• Total voters

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
,,Wow” was my first reaction when I saw this map.
It’s so quirky and unique, just like nothing else I have ever actually seen as a map.
I voted for yes, because it’s very good like it is now, however little improvements here and there will make it better as others have already said above.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Changelog!

Starter Islands:

• Changed quartz blocks to yellow stained clay.
  • Added detail to the planes.

Sub-mid Islands:
  • Changed black stained clay to light gray stained clay.
  • Changed the gray helicopter into a light green/dark green/brown camo helicopter.
  • Removed middle of cobwebs and iron bars.
  • Added texture to the pillars.
  • Added texture into the ground.

Mid-Island:
  • Added texture to the pillars.
  • Removed middle of cobwebs and iron bars.
  • Changed quartz blocks to yellow clay.
  • Added a lot of texture to the 2 planes.
  • Changed the planes into light green/dark green/brown camo planes.

These changes were made because of given feedback on this thread!

I believe the map is more colorful and the chances of getting stuck into cobwebs have decreased.

I decided to not make any more room to PVP on the start and sub-mid islands due to me wanting to keep this non-rush map!

PICTURES WILL BE ADDED TO THE THREAD!

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I like the map, and the idea behind it. But for me it is VERY grey, I understand that military bases are dull like that but it isn't a very interesting or visually appealing map imo. I also really don't like the cobwebs because trapping would be a big issue in this map. finally, the ground is too thin and all blocks can be broken with a wooded pickaxe. So if you were to get the efficiency 10,000 (or whatever it is idk lol) you could just play the game like spleef. These are the major reasons why I voted no

Reactions: Axyy

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I like the map, and the idea behind it. But for me it is VERY grey, I understand that military bases are dull like that but it isn't a very interesting or visually appealing map imo. I also really don't like the cobwebs because trapping would be a big issue in this map. finally, the ground is too thin and all blocks can be broken with a wooded pickaxe. So if you were to get the efficiency 10,000 (or whatever it is idk lol) you could just play the game like spleef. These are the major reasons why I voted no

Thanks for your feedback!

I've actually added more color to the map by adding colors to the planes and helicopters. I also changed the white stripes into yellow stripes to make it colorful but still keep the military base effect. I don't get why it wouldn't be a very interesting map since it's very unique and I have never seen it before! Cobwebs have also been decreased but I don't think completely removing them would make the map better. The cobwebs currently add a real effect to the map and I think that's also an important thing. There are a lot of maps where I have spleefed someone with the wooden pickaxe, having that as a possibility here doesn't make it less excited or even more overpowered. The wooden pickaxe is there for a reason and could be used in a strategy to kill people. PvPing to kill is not the only way, you can kill your enemies by shooting them with your bow, or by throwing eggs at them. Another possibility is to just spleef them. It may be a bit easier to spleef them on this map but on other maps, there are other situations that would make the game easier.

I really appreciate your feedback but I don't agree with you. :)

Addition: Wooden pickaxes have very low durability so you will need a lot of them to spleef everyone

StonePlus

Jan 3, 2017
Belgium
Thanks for your feedback!

Do you have any suggestions where I possibly could add some more detail? :)
I know that this is Minecraft, but the map feels a bit blocky and sharp. And maybe also use a bigger variety of blocks?

StonePlus

Jan 3, 2017
Belgium
I've actually used a lot of different blocks but most of them are gray-tinted. I'll see what I can do, thanks!
A tip is to look at your favorite Skywars maps and see what makes that map so good? And then apply that to your map but modified to your likings.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
A tip is to look at your favorite Skywars maps and see what makes that map so good? And then apply that to your map but modified to your likings.
I actually went for something unique, something which has almost never been done before. A military base is just really gray and has almost no other colors in it. (Besides the aircraft). The map might look a bit sharp but that's also one of the aspects of a military base. It's a unique idea but you simply like it or you don't. (Not anything against you in particular) I really don't feel like adding in features from other maps would make it look better, I'll try to keep it as unique as possible.

Reactions: StonePlus

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
I mean, the layout is unique, yes. But that's as far as it goes. From an aesthetics perspective the map looks, ehh.. bad. First of all, the military theme is really hard to pull off and you haven't done a great job at it. Plus, don't get me wrong, but it seems you were being kind of lazy. The whole map consists of 3 islands, pasted again and again. At least try making the fighter jets and helicopters different in design between islands, it's not that hard. Oh, lastly, the middle island can get a massive improvement. Instead of just making two parallel runways, you could have just made an aircraft carrier. Much nicer to look at and adds some much needed diversity. But yeah keep the layout, change most other stuff

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I mean, the layout is unique, yes. But that's as far as it goes. From an aesthetics perspective the map looks, ehh.. bad. First of all, the military theme is really hard to pull off and you haven't done a great job at it. Plus, don't get me wrong, but it seems you were being kind of lazy. The whole map consists of 3 islands, pasted again and again. At least try making the fighter jets and helicopters different in design between islands, it's not that hard. Oh, lastly, the middle island can get a massive improvement. Instead of just making two parallel runways, you could have just made an aircraft carrier. Much nicer to look at and adds some much needed diversity. But yeah keep the layout, change most other stuff

I agree with most of the things you listed here and the map can still be improved. Anyways, you really should never call anyone lazy, the fact that anyone even takes the time to create and submit a map for cube craft shows that the person has put effort into something to support the network. Believe it or not, it took me a lot of time to create this map. It's kinda normal for a SkyWars map to have a starters islands, sub-mid island, and a mid-island, and yes a part of the starters islands and sub-mid islands were copied and paste but just to the fact that every island needs to be the same to prevent unfair advantages from happening. Although, the mines are unique on every island. Yes, the colors of the helicopters and planes could be different for each island and I'll take that with me.

Thanks for your feedback, I will once again try to improve the map. Your feedback was helpful but I really do not agree on the "lazy" part.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I agree with this map added. I never seen a SkyWars map based on aircrafts before. I would like to see it on bedrock but the problem is that according to the standards, it requires 12 players

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Lyriie wrote on endertom100's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
Mintypie231 wrote on Catss's profile.
Thank you for everything. You were an amazing moderator. Wishing you good luck for the future!
Eli wrote on Catss's profile.
Thank you for everything, good luck in your future commitments!!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Catss's profile.
Thanks for everything
Critly wrote on Catss's profile.
Thank you for everything you've done, wishing you good luck in the future!
Top Bottom