Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
So I heard you really wanted feedback on your map, that's a good thing. So I'll just give my personal feedback:

The starter islands:
The aesthetics of the island aren't bad, however they're not special either. It's a basic looking house, a campfire, logs and path. There is nothing special and in my opinion, below the level of the builds on other Cubecraft maps. Besides, the island is in no way connected to the theme of the map (Excalibur). These are just wooden snow houses and I can't see any links with King Arthur / Excalibur.
For the gameplay, there is nothing interesting in my opinion, the island is flat for PvP, the egg is just there and that's it.

The middle island:
As for the looks, King Arthur looks cool and I like the little snowflakes in the sky. There however aren't any snowflakes above the starter islands, which doesn't make sense. Also, I don't like the scale, the King Arthur is a lot bigger than the houses. This even more implies that the islands don't match the middle.
As for the gameplay, it's once again just a flat island for PvP.

I think this map in general will be boring to play, there is nothing to make the gameplay / map unique or interesting. The theme and map are inconsistent. The aesthetics are good, but not on the level of the other Cubecraft maps.

I hope this clarifies for you why people voted no, as you were wondering.
Island shapes are the same as the skywars map Tipi (made by me and yoya) so I took reference from his island technique. What terrain do you want to pvp at? A rough one which you have loads of levels that you cannot even play at? A flat one is okay and also the mid island has few levels of terrain. Islands are the same layout as the middle one with pozdol and everything, and snowflakes, why would you add them on starter islands? I think it's just a sorrounding of King Arthur. Any suggestions on starter islands? The size of them are fine for a single person to play at, that's why it's made for solo. Also adding more features to them would cause a lack of movement for the user and a bad pvp.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Island shapes are the same as the skywars map Tipi (made by me and yoya) so I took reference from his island technique. What terrain do you want to pvp at? A rough one which you have loads of levels that you cannot even play at? A flat one is okay and also the mid island has few levels of terrain. Islands are the same layout as the middle one with pozdol and everything, and snowflakes, why would you add them on starter islands? I think it's just a sorrounding of King Arthur. Any suggestions on starter islands? The size of them are fine for a single person to play at, that's why it's made for solo. Also adding more features to them would cause a lack of movement for the user and a bad pvp.

I think the gameplay is not interesting or unique at all. It's just a flat ground, which is a good thing, but that's it. There should be unique things about the map's gameplay that make it differ from other maps. Some solo eggwars examples:

Elven: The map has 4 islands connected with bridges and 4 towers with generators on the last floor.
End: Every island is connected to the middle via a small bridge.
Farm: There's a big barn to play around and on top of.
Golf: There is a ring as submid, there's a ball flying in the air to get to mid quicker.
MLG: The 12 starter island are grouped in groups of 3 around the submid, usually there's just a minifight at these pairs and 4 people will survive to battle, the middle has a unique placement of the generators in and around the train.
Mine: The submiddle is connected to the middle with a rail.
Nightmare: The middle is really interesting with different low level generators and one center with high level generators. The egg is in a unique position on the roof.
Safari: All islands are directly connected to the middle, which makes this map an excellent rush map, but gives unique opportunities with the generators in the trees and on the zebra.
Snowy: The submid is almost connected to the middle, the middle has high level gold generators but no diamond generators (Tropical is similar, however tropical has emeralds and the diamond generator is inside a house).
Steampunk: The 12 players are split are 3 middles, usually these groups of 4 fight each other before the build out to others. There is space under the island (though this is a controversial thing :P ).
Stronghold: The mid is unique with the big glass circle to walk around and the starter island have the egg behind the house, which makes it possible to sneak people eggs.
Technology: The submids are connected to the middle, above the middle is a secret diamond generator, there's a hole in the starter islands with an iron generator.
Teepee: I don't really know this map because I dislike it, so I may be incorrect about this: The egg is inside the tipi, there are 2 middles with generators.
Tentacles: The island are connected to the middle and the middle is very unique, it consist of large bridges which make unique gameplay possible.
Village: The middle is very big which a lot of high level generators.

This shows that the solo eggwars maps all have different and unique gameplay aspects. I can't find any of these at your map, it's just starter islands and a middle. The only thing that can be said is that it's flat for PvP, which is a good thing, but it's just boring without anything special.
As for aesthetics, I like the middle, but the starter islands are just not on Cubecraft's level, it's just too basic.

If you want your map to be implemented on Cubecraft, I think there's a lot that has to be changed. You need something unique to play around, not just starter islands and a middle. As for the looks, I am not sure about it, I'm not a map builder but I think the Cubecraft build team want to have a certain theme throughout their whole map, right now the theme is only visible in the middle.

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
If you want your map to be implemented on Cubecraft, I think there's a lot that has to be changed. You need something unique to play around, not just starter islands and a middle. As for the looks, I am not sure about it, I'm not a map builder but I think the Cubecraft build team want to have a certain theme throughout their whole map, right now the theme is only visible in the middle.
Maps are interesting if it has an unpredictable theme/style and maybe even an story.
(I wish for a map that uses internet cables/routers for the islands)

In other words: maps that stand out from your basic small islands and mid island maps.
(height differences, pre-build redstone machines like launchers etc.)

I probably don't need to tell anyone how to do their job but this is my 50 cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: FireExcalibur10

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
I agree with what @Shallidor said. The map is a bit too simple.
As for the Skywars Tipi map you used as reference for your starter islands, they aren't really the same. Bother the islands shapes might be basic, but as you can see here and also noticed when we built the Tipi map: the island has a small cave with ladders connecting it to the surface. The cave also connects the starter islands and the sub-mid islands. This changes the gameplay quite a bit.
2019-06-25_20.55.58.png

Now the middle island. The island shape itself looks okay, the painting could have been done a bit better (same goes for the starter islands). I like the build of king Arthur pulling Excalibur out of the stone, but with big builds in maps comes an annoying problem: camping :confused1:.
I made the Eggwars map Kong a while back and it used to look like this:
2019-06-25_20.45.37.png
Due to the big build in the middle (I know his face looks creepy) making camping very easy, I had to change it to what it looks like right now:
2019-06-25_20.45.44.png

In my opinion gameplay is more important than aesthetics: if your map looks incredible, but the gameplay is bad then only a few players might play it. Also think about how players will play your map: will they be able to rush to other islands or is this map more pointed at cautious players. It can also help drawing your lay-out on a piece of paper if you struggle comming up with a unique lay-out.

I hope this helped you out. If you still have some questions you can just dm me on Discord.

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
As for the Skywars Tipi map you used as reference for your starter islands, they aren't really the same. Bother the islands shapes might be basic, but as you can see here and also noticed when we built the Tipi map: the island has a small cave with ladders connecting it to the surface. The cave also connects the starter islands and the sub-mid islands. This changes the gameplay quite a bit.

Now the middle island. The island shape itself looks okay, the painting could have been done a bit better (same goes for the starter islands). I like the build of king Arthur pulling Excalibur out of the stone, but with big builds in maps comes an annoying problem: camping :confused1:.
Due to the big build in the middle (I know his face looks creepy) making camping very easy, I had to change it to what it looks like right now:

In my opinion gameplay is more important than aesthetics: if your map looks incredible, but the gameplay is bad then only a few players might play it. Also think about how players will play your map: will they be able to rush to other islands or is this map more pointed at cautious players. It can also help drawing your lay-out on a piece of paper if you struggle comming up with a unique lay-out.

I hope this helped you out. If you still have some questions you can just dm me on Discord.

Thanks yoya! Will look forward tp improve it.

He closed the poll which Efcluke said not to do and it appears he gave up on it according to some status posts.
I did not gave up, just gotta take some time cause school and swimming stuff. Of course it can be disappointing to see that something you have built with efford does not show good results, but as some good old words say: 'Time heals'. So it is always a good way to come even better. And no, Efcluke94 did not told me at any time to close this or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom