• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
Name: CubeCraft (Or "CubeCraft Palace", I'm not sure yet, help me choose)

Creator: SimplyExplained

Description:
I made this map mostly because there are too few Solo Eggwars maps.

This map has a layout that is common throughout Solo Eggwars maps in CCG. It looks like Mine, Snowy
or Jungle (?) but those maps, in my opinion, have certain flaws (e.g. Snowy: Sub-middle islands have a lot of snow layers which are frustrating, the middle is very small and only allows for one fight to take place at a time).
I tried to solve these problems by making this map with the same layout that has been proven to make for interesting gameplay.

The starter islands are a bit bigger than those of the maps mentioned above. The starter islands have 1 iron generator, 1 gold generator, 1 diamond generator and the store NPC (of course the Egg as well). Distance from the starter islands to the sub-middle islands is 16 blocks.

The sub-middle islands are slightly larger than the starter islands. There is a pillar in the middle to act as cover or to be used tactically in a fight. The sub-middle islands have 1 iron generator and 1 gold generator.
There is no diamond generator on these islands so as to force people to go to the central island to collect
them. This also helps to prevent camping. The sub-middle islands are connected to the central island via bridges. These bridges have a gap in the middle to create interesting strategies (blocking your opponent when they jump). These gaps are easy to jump across.

The central island is by far the largest. On top of the island is the main structure that the map is based around. This structure features 5 CCG logos. 4 on the sides and one on the roof inside the building. This building seperates the middle island into 5 areas. The main area is inside. This will be a hot spot for fights at the start of the game when players rush for resources. This area has got 2 diamond generators, 1 emerald generator and 2 gold generators. The other 4 areas are the corners of the building. These areas have 1 iron generator each. I planned these 5 areas of the central island as so, so as to create the possibility of more than 1 fight taking place at the central island at once.

Across the whole map, the terrain is mostly flat so that PvP doesn't feel uncomfortable. Details like grass and flowers are at a minimum for the same reason. There are little to no entities to minimize performance issues (I mostly did this for myself because my laptop is garbage)

Note: You don't see flowers in the screenshots below because I added them after I took the screenshots. Also, no colours for the islands or generator levels have been set. The CubeCraft staff team should set those.

THE CENTRAL BUILDING HAS BEEN -HEAVILY- INFLUENCED BY OTHER SOURCES :3

Now that you haven't read the essay above, enjoy the screenshots!

Attachments

• 2019-06-30_20.25.41.png
    2019-06-30_20.25.41.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 2019-06-30_20.28.03.png
    2019-06-30_20.28.03.png
    382.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 2019-06-30_20.26.30.png
    2019-06-30_20.26.30.png
    272.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 2019-06-30_20.28.27.png
    2019-06-30_20.28.27.png
    475.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 2019-06-30_20.29.03.png
    2019-06-30_20.29.03.png
    498.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 2019-06-30_20.29.33.png
    2019-06-30_20.29.33.png
    666.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 2019-06-30_20.30.18.png
    2019-06-30_20.30.18.png
    402 KB · Views: 174
  • 2019-06-30_20.30.35.png
    2019-06-30_20.30.35.png
    446.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 2019-06-30_20.31.21.png
    2019-06-30_20.31.21.png
    588.5 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
The mid is being copied from buildersrefuge spawn and you only changed their logo for tje cubecraft one. That's shameful. @Efcluke94
I suggest you take a look at the buildersrefuge spawn first. Yes, it was heavily influenced by it, but it is considerably smaller and less detailed. The only thing I took directly off it were the outside pillars. The interior and exterior are different and of course, not that good looking. :3

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
I suggest you take a look at the buildersrefuge spawn first. Yes, it was heavily influenced by it, but it is considerably smaller and less detailed. The only thing I took directly off it were the outside pillars. The interior and exterior are different and of course, not that good looking. :3
It sounded like a replic and maps must be unic not copied from other sites man. You must create something by yourself not the same exact thing from another site. I know what you mean with that you changed it but it still has the same looking as buildersrefuge. You must change it for another structure building.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Name: CubeCraft (Or "CubeCraft Palace", I'm not sure yet, help me choose)

Creator: SimplyExplained

Description:
I made this map mostly because there are too few Solo Eggwars maps.

This map has a layout that is common throughout Solo Eggwars maps in CCG. It looks like Mine, Snowy
or Jungle (?) but those maps, in my opinion, have certain flaws (e.g. Snowy: Sub-middle islands have a lot of snow layers which are frustrating, the middle is very small and only allows for one fight to take place at a time).
I tried to solve these problems by making this map with the same layout that has been proven to make for interesting gameplay.

The starter islands are a bit bigger than those of the maps mentioned above. The starter islands have 1 iron generator, 1 gold generator, 1 diamond generator and the store NPC (of course the Egg as well). Distance from the starter islands to the sub-middle islands is 16 blocks.

The sub-middle islands are slightly larger than the starter islands. There is a pillar in the middle to act as cover or to be used tactically in a fight. The sub-middle islands have 1 iron generator and 1 gold generator.
There is no diamond generator on these islands so as to force people to go to the central island to collect
them. This also helps to prevent camping. The sub-middle islands are connected to the central island via bridges. These bridges have a gap in the middle to create interesting strategies (blocking your opponent when they jump). These gaps are easy to jump across.

The central island is by far the largest. On top of the island is the main structure that the map is based around. This structure features 5 CCG logos. 4 on the sides and one on the roof inside the building. This building seperates the middle island into 5 areas. The main area is inside. This will be a hot spot for fights at the start of the game when players rush for resources. This area has got 2 diamond generators, 1 emerald generator and 2 gold generators. The other 4 areas are the corners of the building. These areas have 1 iron generator each. I planned these 5 areas of the central island as so, so as to create the possibility of more than 1 fight taking place at the central island at once.

Across the whole map, the terrain is mostly flat so that PvP doesn't feel uncomfortable. Details like grass and flowers are at a minimum for the same reason. There are little to no entities to minimize performance issues (I mostly did this for myself because my laptop is garbage)

Note: You don't see flowers in the screenshots below because I added them after I took the screenshots. Also, no colours for the islands or generator levels have been set. The CubeCraft staff team should set those.

THE CENTRAL BUILDING HAS BEEN -HEAVILY- INFLUENCED BY OTHER SOURCES :3

Now that you haven't read the essay above, enjoy the screenshots!

Make it so I can change my vote please.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Thanks for map submission, I like your attention to PVP aspects, but it's way too similar to the spawn from builders refuge, there just isn't enough originality.
2019-06-30_21.14.16.png

And we'd want you to actually do the team colours as well as the glass cages, that increases the chances of the map being accepted.

- Rejecting map due to reasons above and locking post, good luck in future builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom