Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SlimyMelon

Nov 18, 2014
The Netherlands
Just a quick render I made in Cinema 4D. It turned out better than I expected!
(The fog and sun were added later in Photoshop)

EDIT: Just noticed that the sun in the picture and the shadows are not exactly like they are supposed to be. I'll keep that in mind for future renders :p

Attachments

• Skywars.jpg
    Skywars.jpg
    849 KB · Views: 362

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
Just a quick render I made in Cinema 4D. It turned out better than I expected!
(The fog and sun were added later in Photoshop)

EDIT: Just noticed that the sun in the picture and the shadows are not exactly like they are supposed to be. I'll keep that in mind for future renders :p

This picture looks really nice. Good work! <3
I'd love to see more in the future.

Reactions: SlimyMelon

SlimyMelon

Nov 18, 2014
The Netherlands
Thank you, everyone! :D Some more details on how I made it: I used the program Mineways to turn a minecraft world into a 3D model. Then, I loaded the model into Cinema 4D. Someone on the internet (Weedlion) has uploaded a Steve Minecraft rig for people to use in animations and renders. I applied my skin to that model and posed it, leaning on an iron sword (The item and block models are also downloadable from Weedlion). Afterwards in Photoshop, I seperated the foreground from the background and downloaded a transparent image with fog and one with a sun, which I placed in between the foreground and background. Hope this was useful for people who want to make some too! :p

EDIT: This gif shows the seperate layers in Photoshop.
Y77GGxpzBs.gif

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2016
Coool place in the 'south'
Really pretty render!

I can see it is very consistent in style and it doesn't have that many over worked features which can be an extremely good thing as some people may over do renders and make them very unappealing to the eye so good job on that note. The graphic work is very well made and I can see the vast improvements you have made onto the second version lower down within the thread.

For your next piece of work, I would maybe like to see a little more complexity as the pose seems to be very simple but it is actually very well done from what I can see so nothing major there. Presentation wise it looks very clean and appealing the effects and camera position is very precise and the clouds and options you have given the render seem to fit well with the theme you are trying to present the art work to be.

:eek:

Reactions: SlimyMelon

SlimyMelon

Nov 18, 2014
The Netherlands
Really pretty render!

I can see it is very consistent in style and it doesn't have that many over worked features which can be an extremely good thing as some people may over do renders and make them very unappealing to the eye so good job on that note. The graphic work is very well made and I can see the vast improvements you have made onto the second version lower down within the thread.

For your next piece of work, I would maybe like to see a little more complexity as the pose seems to be very simple but it is actually very well done from what I can see so nothing major there. Presentation wise it looks very clean and appealing the effects and camera position is very precise and the clouds and options you have given the render seem to fit well with the theme you are trying to present the art work to be.

:eek:
Thank you for your detailed comment and suggestions! This was actually just something I wanted to create as a profile picture, so I was going for something simple. For the next one, I'll try to make a scene that has more action in it :p

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
Top Bottom