Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you seems good to implement Skyblock?

• Yes!

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No!

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
As much as I love the idea of having skyblock on Cube, the idea was ultimately denied due to the insane amount of resources it would take to keep the servers running with little to no lag. In order to do that, the host hardware would supposedly heat up really quickly, making it incredibly inefficient.
If they ever manage to get a stable system running to host skyblock at a large scale, I'd gladly play it.

xELITESx

Novice Member
Nov 6, 2017
Spain
battlelog.battlefield.com
As much as I love the idea of having skyblock on Cube, the idea was ultimately denied due to the insane amount of resources it would take to keep the servers running with little to no lag. In order to do that, the host hardware would supposedly heat up really quickly, making it incredibly inefficient.
If they ever manage to get a stable system running to host skyblock at a large scale, I'd gladly play it.
possibly limit the number of players to those with a certain range

ItsColorful

Novice Member
Aug 19, 2017
possibly limit the number of players to those with a certain range
Agreeing with you on this, they can host multiple servers, or have a limit on players. It could even be a donor exclusive access if they want to limit resource usage... There are many possibilities, but they definitely need to be thought out thoroughly before they can implement it (if they will).

But let's not forget, CubeCraft seems to be focused mostly on minigames, and they need to get steady donations/players in order to sustain their servers, so perhaps skyblock outways the amount of resource they will get in return so it might not be in their best interest.

xELITESx

Novice Member
Nov 6, 2017
Spain
battlelog.battlefield.com
Agreeing with you on this, they can host multiple servers, or have a limit on players. It could even be a donor exclusive access if they want to limit resource usage... There are many possibilities, but they definitely need to be thought out thoroughly before they can implement it (if they will).

But let's not forget, CubeCraft seems to be focused mostly on minigames, and they need to get steady donations/players in order to sustain their servers, so perhaps skyblock outways the amount of resource they will get in return so it might not be in their best interest.
Keep in mind that this game mode can make the server a lot, making it much more popular and get a lot of benefits in ranges

Reactions: CommunistCactus

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
In order to do that, the host hardware would supposedly heat up really quickly, making it incredibly inefficient.
Keep in mind that this game mode can make the server a lot, making it much more popular and get a lot of benefits in ranges
^^ Agreeing with both pieces here. I think it was Efcluke94 or someone who said that the hardware would overheat. I absolutely loved Sky Block when it was still around, and it was indeed very popular. I'd definitely play it if it was added again!

Reactions: xELITESx

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Server resets every so many hours should decrease the overheating by a lot I think.

Reactions: Gainfullterror

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
^^ Agreeing with both pieces here. I think it was Efcluke94 or someone who said that the hardware would overheat. I absolutely loved Sky Block when it was still around, and it was indeed very popular. I'd definitely play it if it was added again!
Server resets every so many hours should decrease the overheating by a lot I think.
It really isn't a hassle. The idea that I have is to for example have 10 servers all hooked up to a proxy. Having in mind that they're separate server you might think that chat would be very silent and boring but the thing with proxies are that they can send a message to the players connected to it so instead of a player sending a message to the server, the server should cancel sending that message and the proxy should broadcast it to everyone connected. This way you 'hide' the fact that there are multiple servers. There are ways to go around this but of course, every way has its pros and cons.

Pros:
- The servers wouldn't have too much stress as everything is divided between all the servers.
- Even though there are many servers the chat will remain as if it was only one server.

Cons:
- If the player tries to access their island and the server which their island is on is offline they won't be able to play. There might be a way around this though if the islands were to be saved somewhere where all the servers can access and load the islands.

D

Deleted member 59979

They've got freebuild and that doesn't overheat so maybe something like that? But as long as they fix it then I'm all for skyblock

Reactions: CommunistCactus
D

Deleted member 100818

They've got freebuild and that doesn't overheat so maybe something like that?
It's not that it's impossible it's that it's an unknown. While we have put the effort in to some of the technology (as you pointed out with Creative) it's never as simple as just taking one thing and moving it over to another. My favourite way of thinking about this is this image of an iceberg:

iceberg-floating-in-arctic-sea-picture-id693474546

On top is what you guys get to see as the final version, underneath is all the code that makes it work.
-Johncoles

I'm not a developer nor someone who even understands how this all works. But what I do get is that it isn't as simple as passing the freebuild servers to SkyBlock. If they somehow manage to fix SkyBlock I'd love to get it back. (I miss you Hide and Seek, I hope you'll return one day as well)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday! 🥳
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Watch your redaction score and messages, (66 and 444) xD
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #45-
The largest known prime number has 24,862,048 digits. This prime number is 2 multiplied by itself 82,589,933 times, minus 1.
Mintypie231 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you so much for the follow!!
Top Bottom