Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

NadineCraftPE

Novice Member
Jul 1, 2021
Skyblock
Pronouns
She/Her
Well that's really disappointing, the Skyblock update has been scrapped. I was really looking forward to it 💔

Capture.PNG

NadineCraftPE

Novice Member
Jul 1, 2021
Skyblock
Pronouns
She/Her
It's just so disappointing. That "coming soon" npc has been in front of the end portal for over a year (and it's still there), they showed us a photo of the ender dragon fight, then it got moved to backlog and now it's just been scrapped. The update site does say that scrapped projects might come back but I'm not getting my hopes up 😔

Reactions: ilovesmarties0

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Quote from Story:

“We've decided to put our resources elsewhere. Skyblock is a very difficult and lengthy game to update, we aren't currently in a good position to give it the update that it needs, we'd like to come back to it in the future.”

I understand your frustration but looking at this from both sides I’d much rather wait longer for an update that’s good than one that’s disappointing. Scrapped doesn’t mean it’ll never see the light of day. It’s just not in the immediate priority.

RoseIgnis

Jul 27, 2022
Pronouns
They/Them
So, its better to invest your resources into yet another skywars map, instead of content which can actually be appreciated for what it is. Because Skyblock was once your largest game, beating every other minigame on the server. Yet your neglect for it, only giving us the Nether update a few months down the line. I see nothing but a missed business opportunity here, what are you doing with your time that has any value to your community outside of more and more repetitive content that has little impact on your overall financial gain, compared to something original that brings in new and old players, like what the magic and mayhem event did. If I had even a slight opinion in this matter, which I don't because you keep shutting me down @Story, I would reach out to the community and see what they want, because there's no point giving us what you want with no regard for us, as you fundamentally need us to survive. So if we don't use your service, you lose your money, and you lose your business. You need us. So try listening to us.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
So, its better to invest your resources into yet another skywars map, instead of content which can actually be appreciated for what it is. Because Skyblock was once your largest game, beating every other minigame on the server. Yet your neglect for it, only giving us the Nether update a few months down the line. I see nothing but a missed business opportunity here, what are you doing with your time that has any value to your community outside of more and more repetitive content that has little impact on your overall financial gain, compared to something original that brings in new and old players, like what the magic and mayhem event did. If I had even a slight opinion in this matter, which I don't because you keep shutting me down @Story, I would reach out to the community and see what they want, because there's no point giving us what you want with no regard for us, as you fundamentally need us to survive. So if we don't use your service, you lose your money, and you lose your business. You need us. So try listening to us.

Did you read my post above?

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
The forums are not the entire community which is why we use graphs & data to make decisions. We try not to base our decisions entirely off of community members on the forums because it's not a realistic slice of the player count.

You talk about how Skyblock was once the no.1 game and how popular Magic & Mayhem were, which is correct. However you seem to be totally glossing over the fact that they were both of the hardest games to develop by a huge margin.

Skyblock was no.1 game for only 6 days after launch before dropping below EggWars. This was the biggest drop we've ever seen in a game. We believed it to be a content problem, because creating fixed content for a game like Skyblock takes an absurdly long time only for people to get through it really quickly, because it's replayability is low.

Relatively speaking, even right now- it's not dropped much at all since 10 days after its last update.

---------

I strongly feel as though doing any update for a game without solid justification for what it should achieve and what gains are to be made is a mistake. Our data suggests the game isn't dying, it actually grew more than the other games over the past month and that updates for it have the lowest impact of any game on our network.

I'll gladly change this decision based on any claims you've made, but only if they are shown in our data and at this time- they are not.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on SAASD's profile.
Hey pro! Long time no see, Hru? :D
Reesle wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything! Hope you have a good life.
As per the removal of the design team CubeCraft will now remove the Moderation team due to them costing CubeCraft the same amount of extra money - nothing.
Reesle wrote on Tommy Boi's profile.
Congrats on 300 reaction score!!
Top Bottom