Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Now, this probably won't be as interesting as many of the other suggestions on this massive subforum, but read through it if you want, it might be interesting.

Disclaimer: there's probably a way to get renewable ice and I'm not big brain enough to find it, so if it does exist then just ignore this thread i guess

Basically, I am proposing a way to be able to get renewable ice (essentially meaning infinite ice), maybe along the lines of a generator or maybe just being able to freeze water into ice.

Through some testing, it seems like water does not freeze on any of the islands (notably the taiga one - the island that's supposed to be cold enough to freeze water), and the only way to get ice is to mine out the packed ice crystals that are around the island. This ice does not regenerate, and seems to be really valuable at the moment due to how it's the only ice available (or maybe ice is worthless and I've messed up its value).

Now, ice is pretty useful for decor, and also most notably for fast travel (I know that boats are disabled, but still, you can travel a large distance relatively quickly with just ice walkways). Ice pathways are more of an early-game transportation method, and due to how even obtaining iron requires you to go through numerous islands (iron to get minecarts/rails), it makes ice one of the only viable ways to make you travel faster between islands.

There does seem to be a cap to your movement speed, though - if you travel fast enough, it seems to rubber band you back a few blocks and completely stop your acceleration/movement speed - it might be nice to remove that cap if it's just a bug or something, to make movement around islands faster (but if it's intended to prevent some sort of exploit or something, then keep it)

While an ice generator might not be too great of an idea (due to how the other generators are basically only ores and cobble), it would mean that it could open up the possibility of other generators too, maybe like sand to get infinite glass.

Alternatives to a solution could be maybe enabling water freezing or adding ice to the shop.

Basically, breaking the limits of normally finite resources is reasonable, since this is skyblock, not normal minecraft... You don't have your normal vanilla world, rather it is just a limited island floating in the endless void, where you never seem to be able to lose that sense of "isolation" while playing skyblock in general - except if you're playing co-op, maybe...

TL;DR:

we need a way to get infinite ice to be used for movement and decor, and potentially other renewable ways to get other resources like sand, too.

Thank you for reading this overly-long forum post, I probably made a mistake somewhere while writing this, so feel free to point out all the mistakes I made in the comments.

Reactions: _DrStrange_
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🤍
Kazwa wrote on AuraVSTz's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ^-^
WWW Cosmetics update is on the horizon!!
IMG_5555.png
Top Bottom