Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 593464

I'd like to suggest the idea that destroying your own team's chests in sky wars should be considered trolling/cross teaming OR should just be made impossible.

During the first few moments of a match, many players use an axe to destroy chests in their own team's spawn to pick up items quickly. Since other players can pick up the fallen items, this is currently not considered trolling or cross teaming.

However, the problem with doing this comes in later with chest refills. If Team A's base only has a few chests left at their base compared to other teams who didn't destroy their chests, then Team A is at a clear disadvantage since the overall quantity of items from a refill is diminished as well as the chances of getting more valuable items from a chest refill.

My suggestion is to either prevent players from being able to break the chests at their own base (maybe for the whole match or maybe just for the first minute or so) or consider breaking one's own team's chests to be trolling and/or cross teaming.

For clarity, I'm not suggesting you shouldn't be able to destroy any chest, just the one's at your team's spawn base, at least for the first few minutes; destroying chests in the center and/or at other team bases should continue to be allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Usurper

Novice Member
Sep 11, 2021
The Great White North
So a few things. There is a 20 second timer that prohibits chests from being broken to prevent quicker players from nabbing all the loot. This is to mitigate the chances that a few players get everything while more get none. Second the first refill occurs FIVE minutes into a game, why are you still at your base? The point of skywars is to engage in combat with the other teams. I don't want to assume, but generally most players are at mid within FIVE minutes of the game starting. Why are you still at your base? I think you are missing the point of the game. I checked the Cubecraft rules for camping because I believe you are a RAT camper who doesn't leave their base, but unfortunately they only consider skybasing as camping. So you get off on a technicality. My suggestion to you is to consider playing skyblock if sitting in your base waiting for a refill is what you consider to be "fun and exciting gameplay". The chests have the ability to be broken for many reasons. One of them is to prevent camping rats like yourself from sitting in their base doing nothing while the rest of the game plays out around them. Anyway, no they should not make breaking team chests a punishable offence. You need to discover the 'W' key and move a tad quicker to middle to nab all the good loot there. When looting from now on, remember the words of a wise hedgehog; "gotta go fast"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 593464

The point of skywars is to engage in combat with the other teams
The point of skywars is to win; bolting to the center and fighting is only one way of doing that. It sounds like you're suggesting we should all be required to bum rush the center and furiously click at each other since fortifying your base and constructing obstacles, traps, etc. is camping to you.

The spawning bases are intended to be used; hence why they're there at all in the first place. If not for laying traps to eliminate invading players, then to offer your team a place to retreat if they find themselves up against overwhelming forces from other players. And while I sympathize with players who have difficulty infiltrating enemy bases, my advice to them would be to learn how to do something other than hold "W" and spam their left click. If you don't like other teams being able to refill their inventories from chests at their bases, go in there and destroy them yourself.

Destroying your own team's chest actively contributes to a lower likelihood of survival for your team, which is kind of the whole point of sky wars.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom