Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

xItsJadyn

May 29, 2020
Sky Block - 2 Suggestions

Hello and welcome to my suggestion thread! This may be my first thread on the forums, but I hope it is a suitable standard. I did find a lot of other threads covering similar topics to this one, but I was told I could post it if I felt my idea was a lot different to the others I have found. I would like to explain how this feature would work in more detail than others have done, and also talk about a feature that goes along with this, so please make sure you read it all before giving feedback!

Sky Block - Visiting Feature

As you've probably guessed, this feature will allow you to visit the profiles belonging to other players. A feature like this has been requested many times and the community seems to really want this, but lots of the players who suggested it weren't entirely clear on how it would work. So my purpose of creating this thread is to give more detail on this feature as well as adding my own unique ideas.

Firstly, rather than using a /visit command like most others seem to have suggested, in my idea you will find the visiting option inside of your Sky Block menu. Since CubeCraft has used GUI menus rather than commands for some other Sky Block features, I think it will be more consistent this way.

You will be able to search for a player's name in this menu, and if the player is found it will show all their profiles in a separate menu. It only shows profiles they have unlocked and created, and you are only able to visit a profile if the player has enabled it in their island settings.

Having your profile set to open means that any player can visit, while locked means it is completely private and accepts no visitors. There will also be an option that only allows players on your friends list to visit.

Visitors will NOT be able to break or place blocks, open chests / other containers, or kill entities. These are disabled because they would allow the visitors to grief the island. Visitors WILL be able to interact with doors, fence gates, trapdoors, levers, buttons etc.

Entities would not attack visitors or that could lead to trouble since they can't fight back! If a visitor was to die on your island, they will not lose any coins or XP (Mainly to prevent trolling).

You can't visit your own co-op island, and you must instead switch to that profile. That being said, you can't visit yourself.

There are plenty of reasons why this feature should be added. Players would like to see their friends' islands and be able to walk around on them. Players who wish to adapt their islands for visiting purposes could make amazing builds, parkours, mazes, and other minigames.

Sky Block - Island Leader-board Feature

Along with this feature, there will also be a top island leader-board, another feature that players have been requesting for a while. I was originally thinking to add an island value based on the generators and spawners on the island. But I changed this after the reasons stated in the paragraph above so it would be more community-based.

Basically, any players that visit your island will be able to vote for it if they like it. The island leader-board shows the top islands with the most votes. Votes are permanent once they have been added to your island.

I took this opportunity to provide another exclusive feature for ranked players besides the number of profiles. Un-ranked players will only be allowed one vote per time limit, which I originally had as 24 hours but I would like to hear some feedback about this. Ranked players will be allowed multiple votes per same time limit. Your votes will NOT carry over if you don't use all of them and cannot go above their max amount.

You can't vote for your own islands, and you also can't vote for the same island more than once to avoid potential abuse of this feature.

I decided to use this voting system rather than the value system I mentioned earlier, because this way it won't just show the most advanced islands who have been grinding since the game's release. It would mean players who have well-decorated islands or islands containing mini-games to also get high on the island leader-board.

Notes

This feature could possibly be abused by some players who use alts / friends to vote for their island (whether it is worthy of these votes or not). Knowing that Sky Block once had up to 1000 players, I don't think it would be easy to abuse if the player count is high enough.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, and I appreciate any positive or negative feedback you may have. I hope you can help me to improve this idea!

Reactions: Luukk
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
HI

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

happy birthday Eli

1714947914949.png

1714948030659.png

here, take some beans:
1714948068073.png
Hoshi wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthdayyy!!!! 🍰
SugaaKat wrote on Reesle's profile.
i really hope this is the right place to write this (im really stupid and cant figure out the forum layout)
BUT HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY BRO, I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE 😭
HOPE IT WAS THE BEST!!
Top Bottom