• Total voters

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Wouldn't it be cool to know what lobby your friends are in? I'm sure you've found yourself going through every single lobby at least once trying to look for one of your friends because you saw this when you typed /f list:
texbirdsinmainlobby.png

A solution to this would be to mention what lobby they're in in the same sentence. This would make the process of finding your friends while they're in a main lobby so much easier. I know that this has already been suggested before - (back in 2018), in this thread but unfortunately it never went anywhere.

There were a few people who disagreed with this because it would be invading the privacy of people in your friends list but would that even matter if you can still find them anyway? This just makes it more convenient and if others really don't want you to know where they are, there could be an option to hide your status completely, this would also just be very convenient for staff members in your friends list or people who just really like their privacy.

Also if you do happen to disagree with my thread, please let me know why you think so.

Last edited:

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
If I remember correctly, when the old lobbies were still on Java it would say the lobby number.

For example: Gemmmmie is online in Arcade Lobby 1

I could be wrong about that, but nevertheless it's an amazing idea I would love to see implemented!

Reactions: Gregeyy and Meiske

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I honestly don't think this is a good idea. Because if a friend of yours is in a lobby just to play alone. And you get to that lobby and start bothering him, because the truth is that it would be very uncomfortable.

I don't like this idea.

• Sad
Reactions: wxzzrd and Gemmmmie

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
It's a nice idea. Sometimes, It can be a bit tedious if I want to find a friend that's in the lobby to give them a suprise :).
Cool suggestion.

Reactions: Meiske

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion, I think you should have an option which allows you to choose which one of your friends you want to show him your lobby or not. Because as you know, some people keep following you in every lobby. That is kind of annoying.

Reactions: wxzzrd

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Why do you need to find your friends? Can't you talk to them via fmsg? I don't see what's the point is to know people's lobbies. Please explain why you would want this as I don't see a reason to find your friends.

• Sad

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Why do you need to find your friends? Can't you talk to them via fmsg? I don't see what's the point is to know people's lobbies. Please explain why you would want this as I don't see a reason to find your friends.
It's always nice to know where your friends are, let's say I'd want to surprise one of them or something- I'd have to be in the same lobby as them and it's way easier to see their lobby number than searching through every single lobby and checking the tablist.

In my opinion, I think you should have an option which allows you to choose which one of your friends you want to show him your lobby or not. Because as you know, some people keep following you in every lobby. That is kind of annoying.
I think it'd be a bit complicated to have it disabled for certain people in your friends list, if people wouldn't want others knowing where they are, there could be a way for them to disable their status completely, as I mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
On your point of option to not have it on I believe it should be default to have it off and if you want it on you need to turn it on yourself I think many people would want privacy but many people won't even know if this got added and will just have this on and won't know they have it

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
On your point of option to not have it on I believe it should be default to have it off and if you want it on you need to turn it on yourself I think many people would want privacy but many people won't even know if this got added and will just have this on and won't know they have it
What I would be suggesting when disabling the status would be to not show anything at all, so it would just show that the person is online, that's why I think that the default should be to have it enabled so that if they don't want anyone knowing where they are or what they are doing it could be disabled if that's what they prefer.

I'm sure people will notice this new setting in their settings at some point.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I agree with this, it would be very useful, also if we could switch lobbies on Bedrock that would be also helpful!
You can switch lobbies on Bedrock. When in a lobby go to your 9th slot and then right click and it’ll show you a menu of lobbies.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom