S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't know why I read most of this, but I don't see the point why it's a big thing. If you think shovels are useless, don't take them out of the chest. I have seen people spleefing each other, not only on the snowflake map. You can spleef people standing on dirt as well with diamond shovels, just like people try to spleef others with a pickaxe in eggwars.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
OMG. I know I said I wouldn't respond to your really dumb parts but my god. Do you hear yourself? I'm sorry but this is really just... 4-page essay is nowhere near and your topic points were not topic points. No, I did not take a guess. I understand completely (What makes sense) And no you are not right.
So you're saying every single part of my response was dumb, except for when I said that inventories were really full in 1.8 overpowered? Can you just not handle facts? Because that's what most of my response was. And, again, they were on topic. I was explaining how shovels shouldn't be removed from the game, something you asked opinions on.

Excuse me? I got an opinion and when defending my opinions and explaining faults in yours it's an issue? How 2 sided. It's very mature compared to what your doing.
You completely ignored both my as well as Riley's opinion.
''I'm ignoring the dumb parts.'' None of my arguments are dumb unless you take them out of context. (Just saying, if I'd have ignored the dumb parts, this entire argument wouldn't even exist because removing shovels is just dumb.)
''Not sure if I should take your opinion seriously since you use it for something besides Sky Wars which shouldn't be.''. Which, he doesn't do.
You defend your opinion, that's fine. I totally understand, you don't make a suggestion thread only to throw your opinion away after 0.1 second. But we also defend our opinions and when we do you completely ignore them despite asking for opinions.

Oh. My. God. I won't repeat myself re-read my posts.
You started the entire arguments with ''Let's craft shovels!'' I'm literally showing you why that's a terrible idea. Why should we craft shovels and not pickaxes? This is fully on topic: I'm showing you why shovels shouldn't be removed.

Again, what is the point of having something that does hardly anything and the player can make IF THEY REALLY NEED IT?
You mean................... like pickaxes? People don't really need it, and they can craft them if they really need it.

They do have a max actually. And stop bringing up food. It is not the same. This is about shovels.
No, it's not the same. You eat food, you mine with shovels. But they do have a connection in this thread. You think shovels are useless, I think most food is useless. You clearly think they shouldn't remove normal food in overpowered 1.8, because you see a purpose. I see a purpose in shovels.

Ok. So, you still won't answer the fact that what maps beside a seasonal map snowy can you spleef on? None I can think of.
Doesn't mean spleefing is the only use for shovels.
- You can (as San said) quickly mine out traps.
- You can (as San said) use it spleef them into the trap.
- You can use them to spleef them into the void.
- Make a dirt bridge and spleef them into the void onto the bridge. (Which you also preferable need a shovel for.)
- You can use them to mine snowballs and yeet people into the void.
They do have a purpose you just refuse to see one.

As for collecting snow 1 or 2. Is that worth it? No.
Yes..? Snowballs are extremely useful? You can easily throw people off if you ran out of throwables. You don't need to aim that perfectly because you mostly just throw a bunch of them in the direction of the player. With bows you need to charge them and aim because if you don't aim correctly, you need to recharge your bow. Chances are your enemy has already walked away.

When axes and pickaxes are useful on EVERY MAP.
Yes, which is why we shouldn't remove them. Which I said before. I used it as an example to show why shovels shouldn't be removed either: They have a purpose.

But again we are talking about spades. Nothing else. And stop bringing them up this is so ridiculous.
I'm using other items, such as food, to show you that people think items are useless all the time, doesn't mean they are.

You actually need pickaxes consistently. You don't need shovels period.
I barely ever use pickaxes.. I mostly just keep them in the chests.. Shovels. are. useful. period. Just because you don't see they are, doesn't mean they aren't.

Who is going to start a game (even tryhards) and grab a shovel? Honestly.
People who
- Want to quickly mine out traps
- Want to spleef someone into their trap
- Want to spleef people
- Want to spleef people on their dirt made bridge

If you want to remove picaxes or cake please make another thread otherwise stop mentioning it. You're just using it as a deflection tactic. It dosen't work.
That's.. not even close to what it is? You, just like the use of shovels, refuse to see the purpose of me mentioning food and other tools. I don't care about cakes or pickaxes being in the game. Pickaxes are useful. Cakes I just don't take out of the chest. I mention them because I'm showing you that shovels are useful, and saying you can craft them is a horrible argument.

Since the tool is situation compared to the other two, wouldn't it be easier to leave up to the player to craft and free chest space for something they may actually need?
As mentioned above, by me, shovels are enchanted. Both in normal as well as overpowered. Not sure about basic. It's easier to mine them out. If you want to make a trap you want to do it fast. You then first need to break wood, make sticks, make a shovel, break the blocks very slowly.
or
Break wood, make sticks, make a pickaxe, mine cobblestone, make a shovel, break blocks slowly
OR
Break wood, make sticks, make a pickaxe, mine cobblestone, make a pickaxe, mine iron, put them in the furnace/re-mine them for instant iron ingot, make a shovel, break the blocks.
Having shovels literally does no harm. Does that one extra spot really matter? Does it? lmao. Yes it can give projectiles, blocks, gapples, but it can also give you a normal apple, bread, exp bottles, lapis. They can also change the way chests are, IF this is even how they work.

Not to mention that traps and hiding are not common things especially in solo when its rush and fighting constantly. Or at least shouldn't normally happen.
You are not that one that can say what should and shouldn't normally happen. Trapping, spleefing are all part of the game.
Shovels. Are. Useful. Period.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
So you're saying every single part of my response was dumb, except for when I said that inventories were really full in 1.8 overpowered? Can you just not handle facts? Because that's what most of my response was. And, again, they were on topic. I was explaining how shovels shouldn't be removed from the game, something you asked opinions on.

You completely ignored both my as well as Riley's opinion.
''I'm ignoring the dumb parts.'' None of my arguments are dumb unless you take them out of context. (Just saying, if I'd have ignored the dumb parts, this entire argument wouldn't even exist because removing shovels is just dumb.)
''Not sure if I should take your opinion seriously since you use it for something besides Sky Wars which shouldn't be.''. Which, he doesn't do.
You defend your opinion, that's fine. I totally understand, you don't make a suggestion thread only to throw your opinion away after 0.1 second. But we also defend our opinions and when we do you completely ignore them despite asking for opinions.

You started the entire arguments with ''Let's craft shovels!'' I'm literally showing you why that's a terrible idea. Why should we craft shovels and not pickaxes? This is fully on topic: I'm showing you why shovels shouldn't be removed.

You mean................... like pickaxes? People don't really need it, and they can craft them if they really need it.

No, it's not the same. You eat food, you mine with shovels. But they do have a connection in this thread. You think shovels are useless, I think most food is useless. You clearly think they shouldn't remove normal food in overpowered 1.8, because you see a purpose. I see a purpose in shovels.

Doesn't mean spleefing is the only use for shovels.
- You can (as San said) quickly mine out traps.
- You can (as San said) use it spleef them into the trap.
- You can use them to spleef them into the void.
- Make a dirt bridge and spleef them into the void onto the bridge. (Which you also preferable need a shovel for.)
- You can use them to mine snowballs and yeet people into the void.
They do have a purpose you just refuse to see one.

Yes..? Snowballs are extremely useful? You can easily throw people off if you ran out of throwables. You don't need to aim that perfectly because you mostly just throw a bunch of them in the direction of the player. With bows you need to charge them and aim because if you don't aim correctly, you need to recharge your bow. Chances are your enemy has already walked away.

Yes, which is why we shouldn't remove them. Which I said before. I used it as an example to show why shovels shouldn't be removed either: They have a purpose.

I'm using other items, such as food, to show you that people think items are useless all the time, doesn't mean they are.

I barely ever use pickaxes.. I mostly just keep them in the chests.. Shovels. are. useful. period. Just because you don't see they are, doesn't mean they aren't.

People who
- Want to quickly mine out traps
- Want to spleef someone into their trap
- Want to spleef people
- Want to spleef people on their dirt made bridge

That's.. not even close to what it is? You, just like the use of shovels, refuse to see the purpose of me mentioning food and other tools. I don't care about cakes or pickaxes being in the game. Pickaxes are useful. Cakes I just don't take out of the chest. I mention them because I'm showing you that shovels are useful, and saying you can craft them is a horrible argument.

As mentioned above, by me, shovels are enchanted. Both in normal as well as overpowered. Not sure about basic. It's easier to mine them out. If you want to make a trap you want to do it fast. You then first need to break wood, make sticks, make a shovel, break the blocks very slowly.
or
Break wood, make sticks, make a pickaxe, mine cobblestone, make a shovel, break blocks slowly
OR
Break wood, make sticks, make a pickaxe, mine cobblestone, make a pickaxe, mine iron, put them in the furnace/re-mine them for instant iron ingot, make a shovel, break the blocks.
Having shovels literally does no harm. Does that one extra spot really matter? Does it? lmao. Yes it can give projectiles, blocks, gapples, but it can also give you a normal apple, bread, exp bottles, lapis. They can also change the way chests are, IF this is even how they work.

You are not that one that can say what should and shouldn't normally happen. Trapping, spleefing are all part of the game.
Shovels. Are. Useful. Period.

Ok just going to stop responding to you because you can't get it in your head. You either refuse to listen because you think your right and I'm wrong or something. I guess your intitled to your own opinion.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Ok just going to stop responding to you because you can't get it in your head. You either refuse to listen because you think your right and I'm wrong or something. I guess your intitled to your own opinion.
I refuse to listen? I think I'm right? Almost everyone has told you that shovels shouldn't be removed.. Yet I refuse to listen? Sometimes I wish I could swear on this forum..

Reactions: remio

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I refuse to listen? I think I'm right? Almost everyone has told you that shovels shouldn't be removed.. Yet I refuse to listen? Sometimes I wish I could swear on this forum..

I'm also just repeating things you have said before... Not everyone. And yes you won't answer a single question I asked you and give me another reason. I wouldn't mind if you swear. It'd be nice to have actually have christmas and chill.

This is also completely off topic so if you got more to say DM me otherwise let's move to discuss back to spades only.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I'm also just repeating things you have said before... Not everyone. And yes you won't answer a single question I asked you and give me another reason. I wouldn't mind if you swear. It'd be nice to have actually have christmas and chill.

This is also completely off topic so if you got more to say DM me otherwise let's move to discuss back to spades only.
You might not mind it, but the staff does.. Anyway, no, not everyone.. I said ''almost everyone''.
And what other reasons do you want? I gave you 4 reasons why shovels have a purpose..
That's more then swords
- Killing people

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
I haven't read everything, so sorry if I repeat. Just because you can't find a use for the shovels doesn't mean that they have to be removed. Some people may find the shovels useful. As people said, you can tap people easier, spleef them or get a lot of snowballs. If someone is camping, you can also find a use for the shovels. As said, it's a lot faster to just grab a shovel from a chest than crafting it and if you don't need it, don't pick it up. I'm gonna take the cake example. Just because I don't use cakes doesn't mean that one else can't find a use for them. If I don't use them, I don't pick them up.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Roubory

Jun 28, 2019
I have noticed that the shovel has a little more knockback than sword or other weapon. Therefore, i use the shovel to push players out of the islands when I can. Shovels are usefull too, I like the shovels because they help to make traps with dirt. Bridge traps are easier with them. More than 50% of maps have dirt in them. And many other people use them for spleefing. I would not like to remove shovels from SkyWars.

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree, the shovels should be removed, it is only a ''trolling'' tool, mostly used on snowflake to spleef.
So yes, the shovels are pretty useless and should be removed from chests. +1

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I agree, the shovels should be removed, it is only a ''trolling'' tool, mostly used on snowflake to spleef.
You're contradicting yourself in your own post though. They do have a use, as you said yourself: for trolling. Hence they aren't useless

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
There are multiple reasons on why shovels aren't useless and shouldn't be removed.
I understand you don't want to read 31 comments bascially repeating the same things so let me just repeat myself here:
People use shovels for:
- Spleefing people in the map Snowflake
- Spleefing people into their trap
- Quickly mining out traps
- Spleefing people on a dirt bridge.

With some new additions:
- Dealing more knockback (According to Roubory at least)
- Quickly mining into your snowman in the map snowmen
- Quickly getting hidden treasure in dirt. (Especially useful in Basic chests.)

There are plenty of items that are useless in some people's eyes but in others it has a use. Cakes? Lapis? They're useless in my eyes. But other people use them. If you think something is useless: don't take it.

Reactions: Dutchyyy

Baba Yaga

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2019
The Mandalorian's ship
There are multiple reasons on why shovels aren't useless and shouldn't be removed.
I understand you don't want to read 31 comments bascially repeating the same things so let me just repeat myself here:
People use shovels for:

With some new additions:

There are plenty of items that are useless in some people's eyes but in others it has a use. Cakes? Lapis? They're useless in my eyes. But other people use them. If you think something is useless: don't take it.

Read your entire discussion I have. Decide baby yoda shall. Useless they might seem, but amazing the mind of a child can be. Using for more than one might think people do. Necessary to remove them, it is not. Understanding your point though, I do.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
I know a lot has been said about this, but for me, someone who is bad at pvp, the shovel is my lifesaver. It's better for me that I can grab a shovel so that I still have a little chance to win haha. It's not a trollingtool in my opinion. It's just another tactic to win and get people mad. Many people already said what I've said, but maybe you want to hear an opinion from a pvp noob haha.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
They are useless true
People use shovels for:

With some new additions:

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom