Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should CubeCraft hire more devs for the growing demand of features?

• Yes, this make sense.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No, stick with the old customs.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No, go with Edit #2.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboozled_Pie

Sep 5, 2016
CubeCraft Forums
www.cubecraft.net
I mean, so many people want more features that many people have quit CubeCraft altogether. Why don't we hire more developers to work on the projects? I mean, one developer per project isn't going to help the delay of features.

Also, more and more people want features. The demand is growing, and you can't just tell people to be patient if they've been waiting many months for it. If people have been waiting for a long time and you haven't added any features yet, people will, inevitably, get angry and impatient.

To be honest, there is no point in telling people features are coming if they will take years to do. CubeCraft has three options:

1. Stick to their minimal amount of developers, and have people waiting for years for features.
2. Hire more developers, and get the jobs done quicker.
3. Just let the server fail.

I think I'd choose the 2nd option.

Edit:

Also, the fact that for CubeCraft to accept your application it is very unlikely makes it so that almost no one is even attempting to get in. The ones that do, unfortunately, almost never get accepted. Not only that, but many have just given up on the idea altogether, which is clearly detrimental for the server.

Edit 2:

Okay; all of the comments have been about how someone may not be "qualified" to become a developer. Why don't we have "Sub-developer"s, people who do developer like work, but are overseen by an actual developer? I mean, you could have 2 or 3 Sub-developers on each project, and have one Developer per project to oversee the Sub-Developers? I think that the Sub-Developers wouldn't have to have the rules as strict because they would be watched over by a developer. Plus, this would help the Developers not have as much to do. What do you guys think? I've changed the vote to see if you guys think my second edit is viable.

Last edited:

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
There is a big problem with hiring lots of developers. Firstly, for some projects, they may not be "qualified" for the job. This is awfully redundant for the server, for the effort of the developer and for the money it may cost. Secondly, one person does not work on a project. I believe the team as a whole works on multiple projects at a time. Demand is growing, yes, but haven't you seen within the last couple of weeks, there has been four or five updates? Won't that suffice? :P

CelePlayz

Jun 27, 2016
Hiring Devs is hard as they aren't qualified. I think CCGN is trying their best to hire more devs to make updates faster.

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
There is a big problem with hiring lots of developers. Firstly, for some projects, they may not be "qualified" for the job. This is awfully redundant for the server, for the effort of the developer and for the money it may cost. Secondly, one person does not work on a project. I believe the team as a whole works on multiple projects at a time. Demand is growing, yes, but haven't you seen within the last couple of weeks, there has been four or five updates? Won't that suffice? :p
All of those updates were awesome! Good job devs! If they can keep functioning like they have these past two weeks, then we won't need a new team for a long time.

JerrySox

Sep 22, 2016
Antarctica
We wont be waiting years for new updates to come out because if Mojang continues to keep going this direction minecraft will die in a year.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I mean, so many people want more features that many people have quit CubeCraft altogether. Why don't we hire more developers to work on the projects? I mean, one developer per project isn't going to help the delay of features.

Also, more and more people want features. The demand is growing, and you can't just tell people to be patient if they've been waiting many months for it. If people have been waiting for a long time and you haven't added any features yet, people will, inevitably, get angry and impatient.

To be honest, there is no point in telling people features are coming if they will take years to do. CubeCraft has three options:

1. Stick to their minimal amount of developers, and have people waiting for years for features.
2. Hire more developers, and get the jobs done quicker.
3. Just let the server fail.

I think I'd choose the 2nd option.

Edit:

Also, the fact that for CubeCraft to accept your application it is very unlikely makes it so that almost no one is even attempting to get in. The ones that do, unfortunately, almost never get accepted. Not only that, but many have just given up on the idea altogether, which is clearly detrimental for the server.
i do agree but unfortunately Cubecraft Has A Budget!
If less and less people donate or buy ranks then it will really hurt their projects and plans for the near future
If CC has the money to get developers they SHOULD!
Methods of making money for CCG
-Make Youtube videos with trailers or teasers to get views, trust me the community is big enough to support you with this
-Make More Live Streams, They already are doing so which is a good thing
-Sell CC Merch, don't know if they already are
-Sell Limited Addition Ranks, For Example "Holiday" rank which gives you some sort of perk and is only sold on major holidays (once a year) if you already have a rank then it will just be an extra tag to your name + the limited addition feature or weekly reward

This last one is more like a last resort (if all other fail)
-Make Advertisements on the server for other companies (i know M3m3pl3x but it is a good method to make money)
For example, the person who wishes to advertise must advertise with something appropriate or it will be denied, you will be asked to watch a short clip to gain a prize (e.g 500 points + 100 exp), you can watch 5 clips a day, every time you watch one CC gets an extra $

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
There is a big problem with hiring lots of developers. Firstly, for some projects, they may not be "qualified" for the job.
Hiring Devs is hard as they aren't qualified. I think CCGN is trying their best to hire more devs to make updates faster.
Its not easy to find qualified developers nowadays.
Ok, let's not generalize all developers that apply for a role in the CCG Team as "unqualified".
Obviously a more "qualified" developers would be great. It's kind of obvious that if CC had the option to hire 5-10 quality devs, they would have by now. There's a problem somewhere in there, otherwise we would have a way bigger team.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
So basically the "sub developers" are just there to take up space while the developer basically picks up their slack and tells them what to do, essentially doing all the work anyways?
Gr8 plan.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Simply hiring more devs dosent solve the issue there will always be more demand than the devs can deal with and certain projects require money from the servers bank account, also cubecraft has VERY high standards for devs (and builders to) if you wish to know the latest, follow cubecraft on twitch for their streams every friday afternoon/night

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Simply hiring more devs dosent solve the issue there will always be more demand than the devs can deal with and certain projects require money from the servers bank account, also cubecraft has VERY high standards for devs (and builders to) if you wish to know the latest, follow cubecraft on twitch for their streams every friday afternoon/night
Obviously hiring more staff won't totally alleviate the problem, but it's definitely helpful. I disagree with this statement; Cubecraft definitely has high standards, but I'm sure there are some out there who are both interested and qualified. The argument "it's difficult to find them" doesn't really refute the fact that more manpower=higher efficiency.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Well ofc you should get more devs but it's NOT THAT SIMPLE. In order to create anything, you need to know how to code right? Well even the simplest of things take several hours to do. Now bug fixes are mainly the Jr. Dev's job to see to it. The major things are the Dev's jobs. But really, more devs may not help at all. CCG wants quality work (which is why there are applications). CCG also has a budget and you cannot always make money easily there are times when there are other things. Also, hiring devs is harder than you think I mean it's like 17 dollars max (USD) so people with the heart to do so needs to oversee it. More devs may mean more projects at one time, but always remember that it would still take MONTHS to do stuff like this and this may not happen all the time. It's a good idea but like @Ping Ether said, it's not that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom