Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

JakeCalzone

Feb 25, 2018
Hello everyone! I think many of us pvpers want CubeCraft to do something which is to remove shops in FFA. The reason why shops need to be removed is that players in PVP can just get some op items in shops leaving actual skilled players at a disadvantage. And, Shops are just a handicap for people who don't want to get better at the game who happens to have some points in stock. Also, the items in the shop are ridiculously overpowered like let's be real here would you want to fight against a samurai with full protection 3 armor with a sharpness 3 sword while having nothing but a plain beast kit? Like seriously, Cube needs to open their eyes and see that shops are broken and ruin FFA. The only reasonable item in the shop is the normal diamond axe (which I'm confused about why they don't make a kit off that but make a kit off of pots that is used to annoy others). Also, some of you might ask "but if shops get removed what would we use points for?" well, maybe Cube can make points useful for cosmetics like maybe add in some trail particles for in-game and other stuff that doesn't grant you gear that you can have an advantage over players with. So as a final say to Cube, remove shops. Nobody likes them except for unskilled players who hate the idea of getting good at the game. Shops have to be removed from FFA so people can actually start playing the game without being ganked by some prot 3 sharpness 3 diamond sword loser.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
You can also buy them by yourself, or choose another kit instead If samurai, or play normal mode instead of overpowerd.
How do you want to get new stuff If it’s broken, you can’t get new stuff because shops are removed. I disagree. They can change it to something else but removing it no. And How can they be unskilled If its just a part of PvP?
But this is just my opinion and I disagree with.

JakeCalzone

Feb 25, 2018
And How can they be unskilled If its just a part of PvP?
well let me ask you something, do you think it would be skill if you buy prot 3 sharpness 3 diamond gear with 2 notch apples and you kill players that only have prot 2 and a normal diamond sword?

Reactions: mastanub
Apr 7, 2018
Yeah I totally agree, its also proving annoying because people are choosing Samurai kit and buying armour and weapons that are equal to if not better than Beast, so they are just as or more powerful but can also have the benefits of speed to just run away as soon as they get low; and for what? - because they won some skywars games or something and got some points so they are now able to have a huge advantage over everyone else :L

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
well let me ask you something, do you think it would be skill if you buy prot 3 sharpness 3 diamond gear with 2 notch apples and you kill players that only have prot 2 and a normal diamond sword?
It’s just how they play. If you would have that too you can just do /shop

JakeCalzone

Feb 25, 2018
It’s just how they play. If you would have that too you can just do /shop
yeah but it's still unfair to the people who either don't have the points to do that or to the people that want to get better at pvp. I kinda do think removing shops is a big thing and might make some players a bit too salty about it. A good friend of mine told me about his idea of a rework on shops on how they can sell more unbreaking to be added to your gear rather than protection/sharpness gear to make up for your armor/weapons breaking during surviving for a long time. Maybe it's better if they rework shops rather than remove to make both sides happy.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
yeah but it's still unfair to the people who either don't have the points to do that or to the people that want to get better at pvp. I kinda do think removing shops is a big thing and might make some players a bit too salty about it. A good friend of mine told me about his idea of a rework on shops on how they can sell more unbreaking gear rather than protection gear to make up for your armor/weapons breaking during surviving for a long time. Maybe it's better if they rework shops rather than remove to make both sides happy.
That could be an option
Also If they want to get better at pvp, they can do duels since you will get the same items and that would be balanced.

JakeCalzone

Feb 25, 2018
yeah but in most duels you always either get pit up against some guy who thinks 1.8 pvp is still a thing or rarely, a hacker but I think that's more of a community problem than a game mechanic problem. People usually go to FFA due to never having to wait for a fight and the fact that a lot of good pvpers go there but if you find the right match in duels it is a good way to get better.

JakeCalzone

Feb 25, 2018
exactly! why waste points on something that you can only use once/before you die cube is better off doing cosmetic stuff with points in games like FFA

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
People wouldn't be able to get the killstreak achievements if they couldn't buy new armour since the armour break after 20-40 kills depends on how much spam and hits you take. (At lesst on OP FFA)

So if you want to kill 100 players in 1 game, you have to buy and change your armour at least once but probably 2 times.
And for people who never play FFA and think it's hard to get kills always shop just to make it easier to get the achievements and then they leave, it gives a lot of cubelets and I understand why they do it.
14 cubelets for the 100 kills in one life.

Reactions: CubeTale

mastanub

Aug 26, 2016
People wouldn't be able to get the killstreak achievements if they couldn't buy new armour since the armour break after 20-40 kills depends on how much spam and hits you take. (At lesst on OP FFA)

So if you want to kill 100 players in 1 game, you have to buy and change your armour at least once but probably 2 times.
And for people who never play FFA and think it's hard to get kills always shop just to make it easier to get the achievements and then they leave, it gives a lot of cubelets and I understand why they do it.
14 cubelets for the 100 kills in one life.
That's where unbreakable items come into play.

And how exactly is this unfair? Those players legitimately earned those points by playing games and have the right to spend it on whatever they want. That you decided to spend them on something else, is your own choice. Keep in mind that you might actually have an advantage over them in other games because you decided to spend those points on other things like abilities. Maybe you should've considered that before spending those points and creating this thread.
To gain a certain amount of points, you need to play and also win games. And I assure you, winning games does take skill and players also gain skill in the process of trying to do so.
"You don't need to win games to gain points, you can gain them by just playing them. This means noobs can still get points to buy gear in FFA."
Yes this is true, however winning games gives you a significant amount of points more than you get by just playing them and not winning. Therefore, (for them), it's a lot harder to gain the required amount of points to buy the certain items they were aiming for. This means it will probably take them a lot longer before they're finally able to buy anything. Because of this you'll only rarely see them walking around with purchased gear which makes them automatically much less of a thread.
Buying gear doesn't even have to mean a player is a noob, as mentioned above, there could be several reasons why a player keeps buying new gear like replacing broken armour or trying to get to a certain killstreak. Purchasing items from the FFA shop has certainly nothing to do with "not being good at the game".
Yes, it does give an advantage in a 1v1 fight, but it's not like those players gained that advantage in an unfair way. And even if they are indeed noob and very bad at pvp, you or anyone else, should still be able to deal with them if you are really a skilled player like you claimed to be.
To be honest, I actually see a lot of them ending up dying rather quickly even if they're skilled, just because of getting focused because of their gear.
There is nothing stopping you from, just like them, regularly playing games and using some of those points to occasionally use the shop in FFA. If you would rather use those points for other stuff, that's fine. But then you shouldn't have come here complaining about other players who did decide to use them for the FFA shop and claiming it's unfair.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom