Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

beanboy7

Sep 1, 2016
I was fighting someone and they were hitting me with an axe, so when I went to block it, it didn't negate any damage whatsoever. I'm wondering if this is intentional or not.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Cubecraft servers are still on 1.9, so shields don't prevent knockback and only reduce the damage. If you get hit with an axe while blocking, your shield gets disabled for a short time, you can see the cooldown on the shield icon in yout offhand.
Also when you get hit while blocking you have a chance of the shield glitching, causing you to keep blocking forever from other player's prespective and being unable to hit.

PheonixFF

Dec 25, 2016
When blocking, arrows don't give damage and doesn't push you back. When the person is using a sword, axe, or anything, you'll get knockback and damage will be reduced.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Cubecraft servers are still on 1.9, so shields don't prevent knockback and only reduce the damage. If you get hit with an axe while blocking, your shield gets disabled for a short time, you can see the cooldown on the shield icon in yout offhand.
Also when you get hit while blocking you have a chance of the shield glitching, causing you to keep blocking forever from other player's prespective and being unable to hit.

In normal minecraft its still similar
KB is a thing and damage is reduced at the time...

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
I'm trying so hard to get of rid of that myth. It get's disabled 2/3 of the time.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom