Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Mal3baid

Oct 25, 2020
Since quite a few people swear in the discord chat why not just use a swear filter so members don’t ping mods like 5times and talk in staff help cuz someone cussed

CKelting262

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 14, 2020
The Internet
I think they do have one, but it might not be active. and staff are always watching chat and they get pinged for everything.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I think they do have one, but it might not be active. and staff are always watching chat and they get pinged for everything.
There is currently no chat filter. There is a bot with a chat filter function on the server, but it currently serves no purpose.

A chat filter has the main downsides of possibly filtering words that are acceptable, just seem similar to blocked words as well as preventing people using words in an okay context like asking if something is punishable.

Despite these downsides, I would still like to see some kind of chat filter, preferably a much less strict one than on the server. This sort of level would block obviously not allowed words , in such a way that it wouldn't cause unfair blocks. This is most definitely possible, as I have done so before on other servers.

Summary: Yes I wholeheartedly agree with adding a chat filter, but to do this they would need to add a Discord bot, which Cube seems to be very against.

Reactions: Katsia Stray

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
A chat filter has the main downsides of possibly filtering words that are acceptable, just seem similar to blocked words as well as preventing people using words in an okay context like asking if something is punishable.
This is what is stopping me from agreeing with this. Sometimes swearing is needed in certain contexts.

Mal3baid

Oct 25, 2020
That could be solved by stopping the filter(hiding the channel from the bot) on channels like staff help
I used quite few bots when I used to be admin on some servers, it can be customized and some have the ignore channel built in them, or ignore roles

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
This could work, but then again it couldn't.
I've seen people ask me questions in english chat, where they were asking something about a swear word, I mean, that wouldn't be possible anymore, but we could just tell them to move to staff-help...

Besides, I don't think mods (atleast of my own experience) find it annoying you tag them for rulebreakers...
Mhm... Think I'm saying no for this one

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom