Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hello CubeCrafters!
I am writing this suggestion thread because I think there is something unfair in the player reporting guidelines and formating. More specifically about the screenshot evidence.

What is it?
Imagine yourself and a friend of yours playing in CubeCraft. You say an inappropriate word in the party chat, because you are friends, you don't expect to get reported and you are just having fun. To your misfortune, this friend takes a screenshot of your inappropriate word and multiple months later you two get into a fight. Your friend uses the screenshot to mute you multiple months later, even if the player reporting guidelines and formating says, "Screenshots should be no older than 2 weeks."
Appeal time. Most often, the only way to prove that evidence is older than two weeks, is with the original date of the file creation which only the owner of it can provide. Your friend declines to provide it because let's be realists, this person wants you to stay muted. (That's only an example. It can happen in many other situations.)
I asked one of the moderators what would happen in such a situation, and she said, "Not much we can do." In that logic someone may use a 1 year old screenshot and staff will not even understand.
It's like to break a rule at home and your parents punish you 1 year later. People change. That's not fair.

Solution?
My suggestion is to add one-two sentences in this thread --> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/player-reporting-guidelines-and-formating.136047/ which say, "Players don't have the right to delete screenshot evidence 1 month after they created the report, because the file information may be needed. If the report creator declines to provide the file information, the imposed punishment gets removed."
It can be more or less than 1 month, I just gave it for an example. I think that's the easiest way to avoid unfair punishments. Once they were fair, but multiple months later they are just...not.

Thank you for your attention!
Feel free to share your opinion.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
There is another solution, which I believe has been suggested in the past, is having the date on the sidebar in every lobby and game. That way we can tell when the report was made and know if the evidence is old or not.
I have thought about this, yes, but I think it's easier for most people to provide file information only if it's needed.

Edit: I read again your reply and I realized that I misunderstood it. I think that's the best solution and it should be added.

Last edited:

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I have thought about this, yes, but I think it's easier for most people to provide file information only if it's needed.
You would be able to bypass any file records quite easily. You could make a copy of it which would show the day of creation as today, among many other things that would still completely fake the time. Plus I think there is legal thing about looking through other people’s files, though I am not positive about that part.

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
"Players don't have the right to delete screenshot evidence 1 month after they created the report, because the file information may be needed. If the report creator declines to provide the file information, the imposed punishment gets removed."
Assuming you're talking about this file information
upload_2018-5-15_22-27-52.png

This data is easily spoofed, there are plenty of programs which can change this easily.
https://www.online-tech-tips.com/co...and-last-accessed-date-for-files-and-folders/

There is another solution, which I believe has been suggested in the past, is having the date on the sidebar in every lobby and game. That way we can tell when the report was made and know if the evidence is old or not.
Although this would make it harder for people to do this;
upload_2018-5-15_22-31-49.png

A proper solution could be an ingame /report command for chat offences. Perhaps a /chatlog command to store a small log of chat on https://www.chatlog.cubecraft.net/{unique_id} which can then be used for reporting.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
You would be able to bypass any file records quite easily. You could make a copy of it which would show the day of creation as today, among many other things that would still completely fake the time. Plus I think there is legal thing about looking through other people’s files, though I am not positive about that part.
All I want is this problem to be resolved. Use any solution you would like.

Reactions: Eliz_DK

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
I am going to agree with the conviction of TheBrownster as that would be more commodious. In the past, I have suggested a scoreboard for Skywars with some handful and cool features on it. You can check the thread out if you wish -- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestion-for-skywars.152048/. Though I would like to see a sidebar in every game and lobby with the date on it for reporting purposes. For in all the lobbies, it would be kinda obnoxious to only have a date on it. That is why it would be cool to see your amount of (Loot) points, (Uber) (Super) cubelets, your rank, etc.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
I am going to agree with the conviction of TheBrownster as that would be more commodious. In the past, I have suggested a scoreboard for Skywars with some handful and cool features on it. You can check the thread out if you wish -- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestion-for-skywars.152048/. Though I would like to see a sidebar in every game and lobby with the date on it for reporting purposes. For in all the lobbies, it would be kinda obnoxious to only have a date on it. That is why it would be cool to see your amount of (Loot) points, (Uber) (Super) cubelets, your rank, etc.
As I said, if the problem gets resolved, every solution is fine for me.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Is it possible to have ''the date on the sidebar in every lobby and game'' in the future? It is a great solution.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom