Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
So I realize it says in the rules that necro posting is not allowed which means it cant be posted in in 2 weeks of no one replying. Well I think it should be changed. I think that someone still can reply if its relevant. Also another suggestion is to make it 3 weeks because 2 weeks is still a new thread imo.

BuriitoS

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
I disagree, changing the necro-posting rule means that we will have a hard time finding new threads/suggestions.

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
i dont think making it 1 week longer would make a HUGE difference, but 2 weeks is a lot.

I think that someone still can reply if its relevant

I dont see the need to respond to a thread if its still relevant or not.
If you see a thread that is interesting or helpful, you dont need to respond because other people already have.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
i dont think making it 1 week longer would make a HUGE difference, but 2 weeks is a lot.

I dont see the need to respond to a thread if its still relevant or not.
If you see a thread that is interesting or helpful, you dont need to respond because other people already have.
If its relevant you should still be able to reply.

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
Well i dont think Cubecraft will add it, maybe they could, but after all its necro-posting

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
So I realize it says in the rules that necro posting is not allowed which means it cant be posted in in 2 weeks of no one replying. Well I think it should be changed. I think that someone still can reply if its relevant. Also another suggestion is to make it 3 weeks because 2 weeks is still a new thread imo.
It will increase the percentage of finding new threads.
I am not a fan of the necro posting as the date of the last post is not that clear (I think they should add a date for when it was posted) and I like this idea, but we wouldnt find gokd threads if it was switched to 3 weeks

D

Deleted member 169486

I posted this a while back, no response as usual. Relevant threads get locked all the time, so we have 7 threads with 6 being locked all suggesting the same thing, so you have to put your input for the suggestion on another thread and then idea's get lost. So yes. please.

Reactions: Gatsbe

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
I posted this a while back, no response as usual. Relevant threads get locked all the time, so we have 7 threads with 6 being locked all suggesting the same thing, so you have to put your input for the suggestion on another thread and then idea's get lost. So yes. please.
Hmmm

D

Deleted member 169486

To be honest, I really don't see an extra 7 days do much. Keeping the rule as is, is probably a better idea to prevent members & staff from having to adapt to the change, possibly causing lots of mistakes when locking or asking for locks due to necroposting.
They changed the teaming rule. Staff adapted. Why couldn't that happen here?

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
To be honest, I really don't see an extra 7 days do much. Keeping the rule as is, is probably a better idea to prevent members & staff from having to adapt to the change, possibly causing lots of mistakes when locking or asking for locks due to necroposting.
Staff have to adapt to stuff all the time whenever a new rule gets added. Plus its not rocket science when a thread is still relevent.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
They changed the teaming rule. Staff adapted. Why couldn't that happen here?
All they did there is remove the need of a warning -- which was highly suggested. & agreed on by most of the staff themselves. This change to the necroposting rule is not highly suggested, currently not agreed on by most staff, and maybe even pointless to begin with. Call it dumb, but sometimes counting the extra 21 days when the month has changed too can be a minor tedious task, let alone the 14 days.

Staff have to adapt to stuff all the time whenever a new rule gets added. Plus its not rocket science when a thread is still relevent.
What exactly do you mean by "when a thread is still relevant"?
It not being replied on for x days, or deciding for yourself if it's relevant or not?
The latter only comes down to opinion.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Nope. They changed the ban length too.
Pretty sure that's handled by a system. From what I've seen on many streams, all they do is /(command) (player) (offense) and then their punishment system will take all the warnings & previous offense into account.
At least, that's how I think it works from what I've seen.

Any thread about a /report command?
How is it relevant to you?
I haven't seen one in a while, and they always get left behind with a big "No" from the community.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday
this is an archive of the alt i managed to sneak into the hive forums so i can continue publishing stories

this is where i started using the desiderata name

1716045590630.png
Eli wrote on marijuli2004's profile.
Thank you for the follow ❤️
Reesle wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
Reesle wrote on human being's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈 🧁
… and congrats on 450 messages!
Top Bottom