Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Elaad

Novice Member
Dec 2, 2019
So for anyone who is unaware, the EggWars map Western has been broken for months, with rubber banding happening essentially every single game. The first I could find of this being mentioned in staff help was December 11th, meaning it's been over 6 months since someone brought up this issue publicly (in staff help) With that being said, I asked around and found out that the moderation team was already aware of the issue before this (this issue started weeks before it was originally mentioned in staff help).
This bug was sort of reported as fixed back in January, with Hulk_ stating that they've "Fixed an issue which caused players to be teleported back when attempting to run over stairs". The problem is that this was never fixed, ever. While the amount of lag back has been reduced, it still happens often enough for it to be an issue. Simply searching for the word western in staff help shows over a dozen messages, complaining about this issue, spanning over the past 6 months.
1624921931840.png

1624921964010.png

1624921985000.png
So, how is a bug that has been known for at least 6 months, and is one that still happens on a daily basis not fixed yet? The rubber banding on stairs/slabs is an issue within itself, especially in EggWars, but if it's a specific map that is simply a pain to play on, either prioritize this and fix it or have the design team redesign/remove the tracks until you can provide a proper fix. If sentinel development is as advanced and important as you claim, then this obviously should've already been fixed as this issue is (as far as I'm aware and based on the information I've been given) entirely a sentinel issue. It's understandable when you say the development team is "super busy" but this has been a problem for months and we've yet to receive a definitive fix.
Hopefully, I can get a proper response including an update on the process of solving this problem (lag back with stairs/slabs and more specifically, lag back in Western).

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
so your suggestion is to fix a bug?

either way, ill bring this up with sentinel dev team tomorrow ~ theres a chance they couldnt reproduce it when they tested the fix and hence think its fixed, which would explain why it isnt fixed yet

• Love
Reactions: Matriox

Elaad

Novice Member
Dec 2, 2019
so your suggestion is to fix a bug?

either way, ill bring this up with sentinel dev team tomorrow ~ theres a chance they couldnt reproduce it when they tested the fix and hence think its fixed, which would explain why it isnt fixed yet
1624926919920.png
No, it's feedback about the little to no progress made in over 6 months. And since you asked for a suggestion:
either prioritize this and fix it or have the design team redesign/remove the tracks until you can provide a proper fix.

edit: the second part of your post wasn't visible when I replied for some reason. It's been sent in staff help and mentioned in this thread (both of which after it was reported as fixed) which was reviewed with evidence of it still happening. Reproducing this bug is as simple as joining a game of Western a few times and playing.

Reactions: Matriox
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
JustNathie wrote on Camezonda's profile.
Happy Birthday! 💜 🎉
Frontlane wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🧁
UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom