Do you agree?

• Total voters

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
As always sorry if this has been suggested already, but I haven't noticed anything similar

Issue: So when you're in a party, if the leader joins a game with a resource pack (ex. Lucky Islands), only the party leader gets the prompt to download said resource pack. This gets irritating, because all the party members have to go get the pack themselves in the lobby. It's not a big deal, but it happens pretty often.

Solution: I've come up with a couple possible solutions to this:
  1. When a player is warped into a game by their party, have the resource pack menu automatically pop up and allow them to download it. To avoid that getting too irritating, there should be an option like "No, don't ask me again" if a player doesn't want to see that menu anymore. I also believe that option should be given to the normal resource pack menu in the lobby, but that's for a different thread.
  2. Have an item in the hotbar (next to the voting/team selection ones) that brings up the resource pack menu when clicked. This way the player can switch between the fancy, fast, or no resource pack from the pregame lobby.
I don't really see any downsides to this unless there is something dev-wise that prevents it. It's just a QOL change to make the server a little easier for everyone. Please vote on the poll and let me know what you think, especially if you vote no :]
-Dean

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
Totally agree with this, especially option 2. Being able to enable and disable the resource pack right up until the start of the game would be a really nice feature.

Reactions: Deann

ReMD0G

Jul 1, 2020
I don’t know about Java Edition, but there is a problem on doing this on Bedrock Edition. The problem is that you have to leave the server it’s self to change the resource pack. That mean’s that everyone in the party needs to leave the server too.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
I don’t know about Java Edition, but there is a problem on doing this on Bedrock Edition. The problem is that you have to leave the server it’s self to change the resource pack. That mean’s that everyone in the party needs to leave the server too.
I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to here, I never need to rejoin when joining a game like Lucky Islands. That said, the thread is about Java, so I don't want to get into too much of a Bedrock discussion.

Grove

Nov 4, 2020
Sinnoh
Option 2 seems like an awesome idea! I don't usually use resource packs but a lot of my friends do and there's always the "did everyone get the rc pack?" question so it would be nice not to worry about that anymore.

• Love
Reactions: Deann

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
Adding to option 2, there should be an item in your inventory whenever you have a resource pack enabled that lets you turn it off. Having to either log off the server or go back to that specific game in the lobby is annoying, especially if you forgot and already entered another game. Although I don't think it's possible to detect when a person is using a specific resource pack, the item could just be placed in their inventory when they click on the block to enable it in the first place.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Adding to option 2, there should be an item in your inventory whenever you have a resource pack enabled that lets you turn it off. Having to either log off the server or go back to that specific game in the lobby is annoying, especially if you forgot and already entered another game. Although I don't think it's possible to detect when a person is using a specific resource pack, the item could just be placed in their inventory when they click on the block to enable it in the first place.
Do you mean just in lobbies/pregame or in games as well? Inventory space is already enough of an issue in Lucky Islands, taking up an inventory spot for that would not go over well

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
definitely
Do you mean just in lobbies/pregame or in games as well? Inventory space is already enough of an issue in Lucky Islands, taking up an inventory spot for that would not go over well
Definitely just pregame/lobby. would not want to take up any inventory space during an actual game.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Definitely just pregame/lobby. would not want to take up any inventory space during an actual game.
Ah for sure then I could see something like that getting added as well, either as an item or just a command

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom