Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you believe that this is a feature worth being added into the CubeCraft Java server?

• Total voters

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Introduction:
As we all know, the anti-cheat system on CubeCraft known as Sentinel hasn't been preforming its duties properly. It is very common to see a player casually flying or taking little to no knockback in an Eggwars or Skywars game. This is why I propose the idea of a 'Request a Moderator' command accessible to those with a certain rank or above (e.g. gold rank and up).

How does it work?
Say for example in a solo Eggwars game; a player is flying around destroying other players' eggs and is somehow not getting detected by Sentinel (I've witnessed this many times). A player with a high enough rank to use this command can do /requestmod (this command should be limited to 1 use per a certain period of time). All moderators who are online on the CubeCraft Java network would be notified in the chat with an accept and ignore button. If the moderator presses accept, they will be teleported to the game as a spectator hidden from the player list. Only the player who successfully requested a moderator will be privately notified saying a moderator has joined the game. If the moderator doesn't know who is hacking (potentially cause the game could be on a 40 player map), he/she could message the player who successfully requested the moderator and ask who is hacking. Once the moderator sees the person who is hacking, he/she can ban the person then leave (B.T.W. this command can be used to get players who are teaming banned).

Possible Issues:
Issue: What if too many players use this command?
Solution: There is no direct way to solve this issue, however, a way to reduce the number of players using this command would be to limit the amount of uses per day. Another solution would be if multiple players in the same game request a moderator, only the first person's request will become successful while the rest of the players' request will be denied and give a private response saying something along the lines of 'Your request has been denied as another player already requested a moderator on this server'.

Issue: What if the player requests a moderator even though there aren't any players teaming or hacking.
Solution: If the player genuinely believes that a certain player is hacking, they will be left with a warning, however; if there is no one breaking the rules and the player is just being toxic, give the player a 'Request Strike'. If the player gets more than a certain amount of request strikes, they receive a temporary ban.

Why I personally believe this should be added:
First of all, I don't have access to the Reports website because I stopped using the email I entered a few months after registering my Reports account. Second of all, whenever I would use the /report command, most, if not all my reports are 'Automatically Closed' even though some players I reported were flying in the sky and trolling everyone.

Conclusion:
Overall, I feel like this idea makes enough sense to be added, however, like all humans, I am not perfect. There could be a lot of issues with this idea which I don't know about. If you choose to vote 'No' on the poll, please leave a response saying why this shouldn't be added. Thanks!

Reactions: FloLoFlo

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
We have /report in-game for a reason. It's for Iron ranks+.
Yes, I fully understand this, however, most, if not all my reports using /report are automatically closed. And to those who use LabyMod (myself included), taking a screenshot of players who are teaming or cross teaming won't be accepted.

Reactions: Entrustious6679

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I think this is a good idea! I suggested something related to this that could be merged with this to fix a few issues.
Issue: What if too many players use this command?
My idea is a new "rank" called reporter so only those people that have applied will have access to the command.
If the player gets more than a certain amount of request strikes, they receive a temporary ban.
This seems a bit too far for me, instead just take away their privileges, no need to ban anyone!\

Other than that, I do believe this would be helpful and that maybe /report could use some changes

AlperenKuru

Feb 18, 2017
My house
The reason /report gets automatically closed is due to the lack of staff and the amount of /report reports they receive.

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
Currently Cubecraft has the /report command and if a specific player(s) is reported multiple times the staff will spectate. You said that you’re reports are getting automatically closed, probably because the staff is already busy with other things. I don’t think this command would help since the /report command would become useless and people can easily request staff by mistake or thought wrong, which will waste the staff’s time.

Georgesatchy

Apr 3, 2020
United Kingdom
CubeCraft does not have enough staff members to sustain this. Even if it was just for obby ranks, they still outnumber staff more than 10 to 1. There are just not enough staff members for this. Just take the time to record the evidence and put it on the reports site, it is much less effort for you than it would be for a staff member if they had to be summoned to every cheater, because there are a lot of them.

-1 from me

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
This is exactly the purpose of the /report command. When you use /report, a staff member will come to spectate the reported player. Unfortunately we don't have enough moderators to handle with all /reports, but we are hiring a lot of new staff members this year and hopefully this problem will be solved soon. Reports get automatically closed after one hour if there was no staff member available to check your report.
However, I don't see why we should add another command like this, it will most likely only cause more people using these commands even though there are currently not enough moderators to handle it all.

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
taking a screenshot of players who are teaming or cross teaming won't be accepted.
For future reference, you can't report teamers with screenshots, with or without labymod. Only video evidence on non-labymod clients is allowed.

Last edited:

Sponta

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Spontania
Pronouns
He/Him
In my belief, it's a very inventive and efficient approach. Reporting and requesting a moderator could be two various things.
Reporting is for hackers, minor stuff, etc.
Requesting a moderator could be a genuine emergency that should get dealt with as fast as possible.
I love the idea behind it, and I think it should be supported.

Phytion

Dec 1, 2015
Netherland
I do not think the report moderator command will be efficient, because iron+ can use /report and moderators will spectate then. For other issues you can contact a staff member in the discord or forum.

- Phytion

Georgesatchy

Apr 3, 2020
United Kingdom
In my belief, it's a very inventive and efficient approach. Reporting and requesting a moderator could be two various things.
Reporting is for hackers, minor stuff, etc.
Requesting a moderator could be a genuine emergency that should get dealt with as fast as possible.
I love the idea behind it, and I think it should be supported.
You cannot really have an emergency... unless the server is going to be ddos'd. But then you can go to the discord, and you will get a rapid response, especially if it is seen as severe.

Reactions: Marieke2001

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Well, this is just /report but differently spelled...
And if I don't really see how it would fix the problem of /report being closed all the time...
And if you can't report because of LabyMod, just don't use LabyMod. I know that is has super handy features, but I'm sure you can get them as "normal" mods with Forge. So I voted no..

Reactions: FloLoFlo
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday, Adrian! :) 😃 🍰
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday, Skate! 🛼 🎈
As I am pretty close to fact #60, I would like to ask something. Do you all like Minecraft facts or irl facts? I have been posting Minecraft facts for five days for a change. If you want mc facts, I am pretty sure I have a few more. If you all want irl facts, I have no problem in doing that! Although I would have to check the availability of the facts, this would help me post more interesting and fun facts!
Reesle wrote on MCotoulas's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
Top Bottom