• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
You know how you have to post a video? And it might take a while to upload. And it has that chance to glitch and it says it will take hours to upload (Or its just me)

I think there should be a way to send the CLIP instead of upload a VIDEO to youtube and have to wait for it to upload.

Ex:

You see a rule breaker (Lets just say teamers)

You record it and upload it to youtube and its a 50 second clip (Or less or more)

*Takes me and probably others 10 minutes to actually get the video uploaded*

and that has just a huge 10-15 minute gap. If you don't have this problem, then you don't have to respond or anything. I would just like for there to be an option to put clips in like screenshots rather than youtube videos. Its much more efficient.
Thanks for reading!

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I'm assuming you mean uploading the clip straight from your computer. I don't think there's a way to have something play the clip on the page and downloading all the different videos would be a pain. So, I believe the way they have things now is fine.

Also, even with decently slow internet, it shouldn't take you 10 mins to upload a video that is less than a minute long.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I'm assuming you mean uploading the clip straight from your computer. I don't think there's a way to have something play the clip on the page and downloading all the different videos would be a pain. So, I believe the way they have things now is fine.

Also, even with decently slow internet, it shouldn't take you 10 mins to upload a video that is less than a minute long.
Playing it on the site wouldn't be too difficult, with most formats you can just embed the video directly in the html with the <video> tag, But they'd have to check the files for unsupported formats.
I think the main problem whould be the storage, they'd either have to compress the vidoes automatically like youtube does and also delete them after a while or they'd end up with terabytes of videos quickly.
That would be a lot of work. And more importantly, you'd still have to upload the video, and it would still take time. Uploading to youtube sometimes takes longer than usual, but I don't think it would be easy to make a faster and more reliable system. Maybe instead they could add more accepted video hosts like streamable and twitch.

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
Are you meaning that you're just uploading a video that's been recording for a few hours?
You can just get an editing software and edit it down. Get the key points. You only need a few seconds to show if someone is breaking rules.

Ze_BIEU

Jul 3, 2017
I think it's difficult for someone to have a 50 second video, I think a video of 10 or 5 seconds already shows someone breaking the rules. But the idea is good.

+1

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
So Cube is going to have to download hundreds of video clips daily because Youtube takes a little longer? No thanks.
They have to store the evidence somewhere, and adding an option to directly upload video evidence would take a lot of possible storage for their database.
Uploading it to youtube takes way less resources, since it's a free and supported third party platform. It's much more convenient to use youtube since pretty much everyone is familiar with it.
I'm not sure how your minute clip can take hours to upload, as I usually get around the 2 minutes in total myself. On top of that, I doubt your internet speed is worse than mine.

Reactions: Snodia
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on xEefster's profile.
Gefeliciteerd 🥳
Frontlane wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on xEefster's profile.
happy birthday! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on Eli's profile.
happy birthday! ^^