Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

ModestyBlaze

Dec 23, 2016
Hi,
I'm writing in behalf of my son. He plays on your server for hours everyday, he is 10. He plays with his friends and I sit next to him and in almost every game they play there is someone with a hack.
He keeps asking me to help him install hacks on his computer since so many others have it, I keep saying no with regards to your policy and rules.

However, there are just SOOOOO many hacker that they are now loosing their interest in your server, it is too complicated and takes too much time to report and more. (I have shown him how to do this, and after recording the event, he doesn't want to go any further) and even if you report it takes to long time for this person to get banned. This is really an unacceptable way and from what I can see most people playing your server are children, many with no computer skills to do all that you are asking and to have their own youtube channel is ridiculous.

Can't you just build in a command in the chat that calls an admin/moderator to the game at once and can do all the necessary recording and reporting for them? This shouldn't be too difficult for you to do? I'm also sure you have logfiles where you can go and backtrack certain events to support.

I really would like for my son to be able to see the good in not cheating and learning to play really kickass good and fair, but looks now difficult.

Many thanks!
Minecraft Mother WITH computer skills.

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Hello,
We all understand your issue, facing lots and lots of hackers isn't the most fun thing to come across on a server. Although I have some good news for you! The developers are working on a new anticheat system, but it takes some time because they want to know it's works 100%. Recording and reporting hackers is the only thing we can do. There are also a lot on staff members on the server, to keep an eye out and punish them inmidiantly in-game. There are a few ways to report hackers, but those are currently the only ways. :)

ModestyBlaze

Dec 23, 2016
Hi Cynamooo,

Thanks for your quick answer! Do you have any ETA on this development?

Meanwhile, how do you know when there is a "staff member" online in the game so that perhaps you can get the assistance needed?

Many thanks! :D

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Hello there

Regarding your concerns, we once had an in-game-reporting system which was severely abused and taken away not long after.
This has been suggested countless time so I am going to quote myself from another thread:

Imagine if we had 100 staff member and maybe 5000 players, the amount of players who would call hacks on an innocent party is high.
(salty players) and those who aren't too sure about hacks, just report them anyways cause why not.
Lets not forget about the amount of players who use /report just to talk to staff members and get their attention.

So we can't just send every staff member everywhere to monitor, it isn't as efficient as it seems to be.
Dealing with rule breakers on the reporting site is easier and also shortens the "hackcusation" because if you're going to call hacks on someone for the sake of being a salty kid, you're not going to put in effort to actually report someone you know isn't hacking but still killed you.

I understand it may be frustrating but like what @Cynamooo said, the anti-cheat is being worked on. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA however, we hope you would believe that we're working the fastest we can with out limited resources.
Please continue to bear with us and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Hi Cynamooo,

Thanks for your quick answer! Do you have any ETA on this development?

Meanwhile, how do you know when there is a "staff member" online in the game so that perhaps you can get the assistance needed?

Many thanks! :D
Just like in other threads, we've said that we haven't ever gotten a time for when the anti-cheat is done.
The developer working on it himself, claimed it'd be done "Soon" but it isn't very specific.
And in regards to requesting staff assistance, Staff members aren't able to join a game in progress, unless they joined before it started.
So in order to have them around, you'd have to be playing with them in the game too. And if there's a hacker present, they need to at least see them doing it before they can do anything.

Reactions: ModestyBlaze

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Would like to mention, reporting players isn't as complicated as it seem.
  1. Record
  2. Upload to youtube
  3. Go to https://reports.cubecraft.net and paste URL + fill the IGN and offence.
It can be time consuming depending on your internet speed.
For me, it takes about 1 min to upload a 4min video and a few seconds for a >1min video.
You could always shorten/cut your video to the part where the player is clearly seen breaking the rules.

I find this more efficient to deal with then spending who knows how long in game waiting and spectating.
As @Gainfullterror mentioned, we are unable to join on-going games except for Assassins and FFA.

We look forward to your reports everyday and your cooperation in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Thank you for understanding.

Djentism

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2016
My shed
He keeps asking me to help him install hacks on his computer since so many others have it, I keep saying no with regards to your policy and rules.
Good to hear, since this will result in a ban.

Someone made a thread about reporting hackers (It's in english, dutch, french and spanish)

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/español-english-how-to-report-rule-breakers-guide.182241/#post-772224

This is the link, and it explains every step. It just requires a bit time, but from then on, it will go smooth

I'd like to add in as well that the new anti-cheat (that prevents hackers from hacking on the server) is on the way.
Hope this will help.

Kind regards,
FocusPlays

Last edited:

RubberDucky23_

Jul 27, 2015
Spain
www.cubecraft.net

ModestyBlaze

Dec 23, 2016
Hello there

Regarding your concerns, we once had an in-game-reporting system which was severely abused and taken away not long after.
This has been suggested countless time so I am going to quote myself from another thread:

Imagine if we had 100 staff member and maybe 5000 players, the amount of players who would call hacks on an innocent party is high.
(salty players) and those who aren't too sure about hacks, just report them anyways cause why not.
Lets not forget about the amount of players who use /report just to talk to staff members and get their attention.

So we can't just send every staff member everywhere to monitor, it isn't as efficient as it seems to be.
Dealing with rule breakers on the reporting site is easier and also shortens the "hackcusation" because if you're going to call hacks on someone for the sake of being a salty kid, you're not going to put in effort to actually report someone you know isn't hacking but still killed you.

I understand it may be frustrating but like what @Cynamooo said, the anti-cheat is being worked on. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA however, we hope you would believe that we're working the fastest we can with out limited resources.
Please continue to bear with us and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Hello zRinne,

Thanks for explaining this to me, now that you say it, it makes sense. ;)

My son doesn't really have enough computer skills to do the reporting and therefore it means I will need to do it, and by then he and his friends has already usually scared the person off somewhat. He also has restrictions on his computer since he's only 10. So it is a bit difficult. I do however look forward to the anti-cheat function coming soon! This will surely make a huge difference.

Thanks everyone else who took their time to answer me, I appreciate it! :D <3

L

Lepzi

I do agree it takes too long but i don't know what they could do to make it go any faster so for now we have to deal with it but no big deal should only take 15 mins.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
2 minutes is my record.
I seriously do not know understand what's so hard about it.
You Record, Upload and Post! Simple as that.

Reactions: Marieke2001

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Hello zRinne,

My son doesn't really have enough computer skills to do the reporting and therefore it means I will need to do it, and by then he and his friends has already usually scared the person off somewhat. He also has restrictions on his computer since he's only 10. So it is a bit difficult. I do however look forward to the anti-cheat function coming soon! This will surely make a huge difference.

If people hacking are getting to you remember that all hacks are weak to some form to pvp, its hard to combat a hacker but not impossible outplaying them can be extremely easy with the right tools
and even if you report it takes to long time for this person to get banned.
staff have been working hard in fact because reports are at 0 reports no longer take 2-3 days, mine took like 10 min to get answered
Can't you just build in a command in the chat that calls an admin/moderator to the game at once and can do all the necessary recording and reporting for them?
as mentioned above we used to have a command that did this but part of the issue was not only abuse as mentioned earlier, but the fact each game in progress in cubecraft is unique creating and self destructing itself when done, the only time staff can come to your aid is if its in the hub, a game lobby ( not the map waiting lobby) or Free for all and assassinations if you need any more help feel free to talk to any staff member or experienced cubecraft player (such as myself) and we will help the best we can

Your resistance to getting your child a hack client is also appreciated greatly

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Hello zRinne,

Hello,
Since I see that your son is not well experienced on reporting rule breakers I'd like to play with him some time and so I can help him report hackers, maybe even show him how easy it is.

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
Thanks for the suggestion EPIC minecraft PRO mum :p
I agree but also with @zRinne. An in game system has been abused in the past so they removed it.

I do have 3 suggestions though to make reporting easier:
1. Make multiple people able to be reported at once.
2. Make videos able to be uploaded to the Cubecraft site.
3. Make the reporting option easier to get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom